Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 PM

582 posts, read 826,591 times

Advertisements

Jackson's Family Restaurant in Madison is now closed.

It's now "Libby's Catfish House" or some such, haven't been there yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 PM

183 posts, read 427,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
Jackson's Family Restaurant in Madison is now closed.

It's now "Libby's Catfish House" or some such, haven't been there yet.
Go. If you liked Jackson's you will like/love Libbys. Breakfast the same plus expanded menu. Also opened on Sat and for dinner. Catfish is the best I ever had. ....This is not a commercial..

Old 01-04-2012, 06:27 AM

582 posts, read 826,591 times
Good to know. I'll check out breakfast this Friday since I'm off.

Thanks,

Old 01-04-2012, 07:58 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,214 times
Yeah the same "chef" and waitresses, it's simply not owned by the Jackson's anymore.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:56 AM

183 posts, read 427,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Yeah the same "chef" and waitresses, it's simply not owned by the Jackson's anymore.
Evening chef is different and that is why the catfish are awesome.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:14 PM

51 posts, read 88,709 times
Do anybody remember Beefy's that used to be on Governors Drive across the street from the Post Office??

Old 01-04-2012, 12:26 PM

445 posts, read 770,664 times
Beefy's!!!! holy crap I havent thought about that place in 20 years.....when I was a kid my parents would take us there for hamburgers. I remember them being juicy and delicious.

Also, there was a plaxce in Ardmore called Tastee's (at least I think) that was also very good. They had burgers and shakes. it was on the corner near the state line.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:38 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfox View Post
Evening chef is different and that is why the catfish are awesome.
Well I guess I need to go for dinner, I have been meaning to do that and experience it after dark...

Old 01-04-2012, 12:50 PM

934 posts, read 1,938,252 times
Funny (to me, anyway) Fogcutter story:

I loved FG and used to go there regularly. One day, a friend of mine from Charlotte who had business at the Jetplex called to say he was coming into town, and would I like to meet him for dinner? Sure. I suggest Fogcutter, give him directions, and he rings off.

Later, Im getting ready to leave house, and Mrs Barney asks where I'm going.

"Fogcutter. He's never been there."
*confused expression* "Fogcutter? You haven't heard?"
"Heard what?"
"Fogcutter closed a month ago."
(I hadn't been there in about 3 months).

Try to call friend, no dice. So I start to drive to Fogcutter, trying him on his phone. No dice.

Then he calls. "Hey! Is this some kind of joke??"

He's standing in front of the chained-up door.

To this day, he thinks I set him up. We went to Tim's Cajun Kitchen instead.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:21 PM

32 posts, read 49,743 times
My friends and I loved Plush Horse back in the day. Not for eating, but that was a big party place. You felt like a star walking up those steps. Spent many hours dancing there. My sister even had her bachelorette party there with the male Adonis show. Fun!

My mom and dad used to take me to a tiny diner on Seminole Drive. I can't remember the name. They made hamburgers with mustard and onion only. I couldn't believe it. I wanted ketchup! Their chili dogs were good. I also remember Burger Chef on Bob Wallace. Lots of people went there after church on Sundays. Remember Spinaker's? I had some excellent fish there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area