Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 06:47 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,286,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Surely they aren't "Applebeesing" it. (Cooked elsewhere, frozen in bags, heated back up.)
haha, that is exactly how Lawlers and Whitts do it. I mean I'll eat both and neither are terrible, there is a consistency to their product.

I prefer mine freshly smoked though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,452,726 times
You Huntsville people that think Greenbriar is the shizz slay me. They have some of the worst Q around. Talk about frozen and brought in and re-heated...that's what it is. Greenbriar was originally catfish, with the Q on the menu for fish haters. That's why they serve (bad) hush puppies.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
You Huntsville people that think Greenbriar is the shizz slay me. They have some of the worst Q around. Talk about frozen and brought in and re-heated...that's what it is. Greenbriar was originally catfish, with the Q on the menu for fish haters. That's why they serve (bad) hush puppies.
Haha, while I am sure you are gonna a response for this, I don't totally disagree. I use to eat there in High School, but have only gone when forced in recent years. I don't like their BBQ or hushpuppies.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:15 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,030,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
I had some Whitts delivered back to me today, wife was in TN and picked me some up.

Sad part is all the TN locations don't have White sauce, so I have to get a LOT when I go locally.
Tn does not know white sauce We went to Martin's in Nolensville and ordered white sauce with our chicken--it was pink!! And the bbq was too smoky and tasted like lighter fluid was used to start the fire.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nALgirl View Post
Tn does not know white sauce We went to Martin's in Nolensville and ordered white sauce with our chicken--it was pink!! And the bbq was too smoky and tasted like lighter fluid was used to start the fire.
Agh! Gross!

Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 PM

394 posts, read 629,699 times
Quote:
The one in the old building at the Greenbriar/Old 20 crossroads used to be good 15 years ago. Today I find it very bland. The same goes for the BBQ Chicken.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:21 PM

583 posts, read 830,527 times
Quote:
Which Greenbriar? The new one at the old location or the old one at the new location? There's a difference. The old one is good; the new one sucks - majorly.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:22 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,030,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
Which Greenbriar? The new one at the old location or the old one at the new location? There's a difference. The old one is good; the new one sucks - majorly.

Both locations are bad

Old 07-05-2012, 07:26 PM

Well I like the 565 location. The building is newer and doesn't have a major mildew problem.

Hush Puppies are similar, but not the same.

BBQ at both is subpar by most pit standards. White sauce is almost identical.

Overall I like the location and cleanliness of the 565 one.

Also seafood is a big reason why I went to the 565 location, they have more selections and quality is higher, not much, but higher none the less.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,601,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveDime View Post
Any thoughts on Scruggs BBQ up Moore's Mill Rd.?
I think they are the best in the area, but they seem to be only open like four months a year. They seem to be real shady with their hours, especially since I live on the other side of the county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area