Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 11:03 AM

410 posts, read 696,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
If I was consulted on this (I am not that important), I'd say move them on the OTHER side of sidewalks, further away from the CLR, but what's done is done thanks to our brilliant traffic sign designers here.
Pretty sure they are done that way. If you're driving north on County Line, the stop signs you'd see are on the east side of the path. The backs of the stop signs (for pedestrians going southbound) are on the west side of the path. And opposite if driving south, the stop signs you'd see are on the west side of the path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 08:16 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
Pretty sure they are done that way. If you're driving north on County Line, the stop signs you'd see are on the east side of the path. The backs of the stop signs (for pedestrians going southbound) are on the west side of the path. And opposite if driving south, the stop signs you'd see are on the west side of the path.
I think you're right. It was at nighttime when I first saw it and the light reflection had me confused.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:38 AM

226 posts, read 388,808 times
How much is the UAH Foundation asking for that huge chunk of land on the East Side of CLR? Just curious.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:09 AM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
How much is the UAH Foundation asking for that huge chunk of land on the East Side of CLR? Just curious.
Do you mean the property UAH bought? Purchase of a 58-acre piece of property adjacent to the campus for $7.1 million. It sits across Sparkman Drive from the Bevill Conference Center and Hotel.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Do you mean the property UAH bought? Purchase of a 58-acre piece of property adjacent to the campus for $7.1 million. It sits across Sparkman Drive from the Bevill Conference Center and Hotel.

Actually, no - I believe UAH owns land that is adjacent to CLR. I have heard from several people that "UAHF" stands for UAH Foundation and was bought as an investment several years ago. Next time you drive CLR, take a look on the east side before you go over the bridge above the RR tracks. I think it is close to 200 acres

Old 05-23-2017, 12:54 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
Actually, no - I believe UAH owns land that is adjacent to CLR. I have heard from several people that "UAHF" stands for UAH Foundation and was bought as an investment several years ago. Next time you drive CLR, take a look on the east side before you go over the bridge above the RR tracks. I think it is close to 200 acres
Gotcha you are correct, bet it will bring a premium price
From Madison's West Side Master Plan
Much of the subject area is within one of two key development areas (KDA): the County Line Road KDA and the Western Growth Area KDA. The County Line Road KDA focused on the improvements to County Line Road and strategic properties fronting County Line Road or nearby. The major emphasis concerning these properties includes commercial development along County Line Road and potential for mixed use development for the Wann property and UAH Foundation property south of the Norfolk Southern Railroad. The Vison Map proposes CMU (Commercial Mixed Use) for the Wann Property and UAH Property, which is in line with Growth Plan but the CMU place type provides more standards and parameters to define it than was provided in the Growth Plan.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:28 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it is over 400 acres. It was supposed to be a part of that failed Waterstone project.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:39 PM

If anyone else is interested in joining me, I am going to start writing Chick-Fil-A two times a month requesting they consider allowing a franchisee to open a restaurant on CLR. Just did it a moment ago. Hey - what could it hurt? We all know a CFA on CLR would do outstanding business - I am surprised they haven't moved on the opportunity yet.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Contact-Support

Old 05-30-2017, 01:55 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
If anyone else is interested in joining me, I am going to start writing Chick-Fil-A two times a month requesting they consider allowing a franchisee to open a restaurant on CLR. Just did it a moment ago. Hey - what could it hurt? We all know a CFA on CLR would do outstanding business - I am surprised they haven't moved on the opportunity yet.

You'd probably do better contacting the franchisee for this area, and ask about them opening a new location.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:14 PM

609 posts, read 529,755 times
Quote:

While you're at it please ask them to bring back their cole slaw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area