Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 02:34 PM

12,980 posts, read 9,501,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
Huntsville Hospital stops new COVID-19 vaccine appointments
https://www.al.com/news/2021/02/hunt...-vaccines.html
Our appointments are for Tuesday morning. The article said they would be honoring existing appointments so I hope I don't get a call canceling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 02:42 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Our appointments are for Tuesday morning. The article said they would be honoring existing appointments so I hope I don't get a call canceling.
Hope you get it, our second was cancelled and rescheduled but added a bunch of extra classes able to get the Vaccine, hope we can get ours.
Good Luck!!

Old 02-20-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Hope you get it, our second was cancelled and rescheduled but added a bunch of extra classes able to get the Vaccine, hope we can get ours.
Good Luck!!
Thanks. The first shot supposedly is over 90% efficacy, at least for a relatively short time. I just won't answer the phone if they call.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:38 AM

27 posts, read 28,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergutbrew View Post
I made a Sams club appointment for this Monday, just got a call that said they don't have the supply, but will keep my information and spot in line and will call me to tell me when I am rescheduled.
On the other side of the coin, my friend had an appointment for Tuesday at Walmart and they got notified yesterday that Walmart didn't have supply either, but this pharmacist or rep, said they would have to try again on there own to make a new appointment.....

Update:
Walmart has since updated their Vaccine page and stated that cancelled appointments will be rescheduled, and a day after reading I indeed did get a call from Walmart Pharmacy to reschedule.

Old 02-25-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beergutbrew View Post
Update:
Walmart has since updated their Vaccine page and stated that cancelled appointments will be rescheduled, and a day after reading I indeed did get a call from Walmart Pharmacy to reschedule.
Good. I suppose they must've gotten the supply issue settled, which likely due to the wintry weather to our west.

I got my first shot on time Tuesday, and never had a sore arm at all. No ill effects whatsoever. My wife's arm was a bit sore but nothing excessive, plus she had a little swelling at the injection site.

Old 02-25-2021, 06:03 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,593,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Good. I suppose they must've gotten the supply issue settled, which likely due to the wintry weather to our west.
There still must be a supply issue. Huntsville Hospital had planned to do 1800 vaccinations a week at Hunt Park but maybe only doing half that. They are going to have to do 3000-4000 a week if they want to catch up by summer.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:36 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,593,158 times
Huntsville Hospital reopens online registration for COVID-19 vaccine
https://www.al.com/news/2021/03/hunt...9-vaccine.html

Free rides offered to COVID-19 vaccination sites in Madison County
https://www.al.com/news/2021/03/free...on-county.html

Old 03-04-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
Huntsville Hospital reopens online registration for COVID-19 vaccine
https://www.al.com/news/2021/03/hunt...9-vaccine.html

Free rides offered to COVID-19 vaccination sites in Madison County
https://www.al.com/news/2021/03/free...on-county.html
to the free rides for those who need them.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:34 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,606 times
BTW, last Friday night a lot of spots at the Walmarts opened up. I'd been checking it every morning, but my wife got a text from a co-worker that the county got a lot in. She was able to get Moderna shot 1 yesterday, the 4th of March. I got my Moderna shot 1 at the Walmart on Sparkman on the 3rd.

But I had gotten to the point that I took an appointment at the Union Grove CVS, which is about 4 hrs away. When I got the local Walmart, I cancelled that.

I found the Union Grove CVS with vaccinefinder.org (it's the CDC) but it was the heads up from my wife's coworker that had us searching last Friday.

I don't know if it's gonna happen again this Friday, but it is Friday today, so I thought I'd mention that.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:27 PM

641 posts, read 698,473 times
I registered at the Huntsville Hospital site on 2/03, and got a call today. (I didn't take the call, and it went to voicemail.)

I'll call back and let them know I am getting vaccinated at Walmart. 2nd shot on 3/15.

So 31 days from registration to getting the call. I am over 65.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area