Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaple View Post
In case anyone needs to hear it. Walmart is giving vaccines and I found it easy to schedule an appointment. I got my first shot yesterday. They only schedule a week at a time, so by getting up at 6 am and going directly to a computer you should be able to schedule for the same day a week in the future. I found about 10 appointment slots open at the Walmart near my house in Madison.

I shared the information with friends and they found a spot on even shorter notice at a Walmart in Moulton.

Good luck.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302
Do you know if you have to bring a doctor’s note to Walmart if you qualify for medical reasons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 10:04 AM

50 posts, read 52,549 times
Based on my experience, no note or proof of eligibility is required. Unless you choose the age requirement and are not of appropriate age. They just want you to tick one of the eligibility boxes on a form. Once you're there they really want to stick that needle in your arm and not send you away.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:34 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMomma View Post
Do you know if you have to bring a doctor’s note to Walmart if you qualify for medical reasons?
No, bring your ID and insurance card if you have one and get your shot. Even if you didn’t have insurance they would give it to you since it is supposed to be covered regardless (I am assuming). My wife and I got our shots at Wal-Mart and they just want to give them out. That is what I have heard from everyone, even the public clinics, they just want to fill their appointments and not waste shots, that is my impression.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:32 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,592,793 times
Quote:
Huntsville Hospital has launched its new site for people to sign up for their COVID-19 vaccinations.

Visit the site and set up a time for a vaccination at the hospital’s John Hunt Park clinic.
Huntsville Hospital launches self-scheduler for COVID-19 vaccine appointments
https://whnt.com/news/huntsville-hos...-appointments/

Schedule Your COVID-19 Vaccination Appointment
https://www.huntsvillehospital.org/covid-19-vaccination

Old 04-23-2021, 01:17 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,592,793 times
I just checked the Huntsville Hospital COVID-19 Vaccination Appointment calendar. They have plenty of open appointments for next week except Monday morning. It seemed like in March people were scrambling to find an appointment. Now they are plentiful. Has the vaccine supply now caught up or surpassed the demand?

Old 04-23-2021, 07:06 PM

12,975 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
I just checked the Huntsville Hospital COVID-19 Vaccination Appointment calendar. They have plenty of open appointments for next week except Monday morning. It seemed like in March people were scrambling to find an appointment. Now they are plentiful. Has the vaccine supply now caught up or surpassed the demand?
According to some rough mental calculations I did based on numbers on the state health website, about 20% of Madison County is fully vaccinated, and about 50% have had one shot. That's a pretty large number waiting on the second shot, assuming I interepreted the numbers correctly. I hope it doesn't mean that 50% of county residents have no intention of being vaccinated (actually it would be about 25%, since there are something like 23-25% of the residents under 18, and most of them don't qualify yet).

Old 04-24-2021, 07:44 AM

653 posts, read 589,142 times
I have found only a few of those I worked with do not intend to be vaccinated. Within that group, the primary reason for them has been the fact they've already had the disease and plan to wait until next year to get the vaccination. The assumption amongst them all was the virus will mutate and the next patch will address the known mutations. Sounds reasonable to me but I'm not a doctor.

The few who haven't gotten the vaccine and hadn't had the virus fall into two categories. One, too busy and just hasn't given it much thought. Two, don't trust the vaccine at this stage of development. I passed along some "dad advice" to most of those who I thought were willing to listen. One was a guy who will be turning 30 later this year. I broke the news to him that all of us guys had to learn the hard way. Once you turn 30, you lose your immortality and the abuses of the past will catch up to you.

Old 04-24-2021, 09:35 PM

139 posts, read 68,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
I have found only a few of those I worked with do not intend to be vaccinated. Within that group, the primary reason for them has been the fact they've already had the disease and plan to wait until next year to get the vaccination. The assumption amongst them all was the virus will mutate and the next patch will address the known mutations. Sounds reasonable to me but I'm not a doctor.

I would suggest that the ones who have had COVID already get the one shot J&J vaccine if available because it will act as a great booster for them and provide them with more of a guarantee of safety with the new variants. Make sure they request that the vaccinator aspirate prior to injection-everyone should request this of all vaccines. It is not the current CDC guidelines-but is the only way to actually guarantee that an intramuscular injection is not accidentally given into a blood vessel. There should not be one in the injection zone. But some bodies are variant, just as some viruses are! Most MD's and nurses who have aspirated prior to every IM injection for 30-40 year carrier report about one time they have had a blood return into the syringe. This could be one severe clotting reaction saved. See John Campbell updates of 4/15/21 and 4/24/21 YouTube.

The few who haven't gotten the vaccine and hadn't had the virus fall into two categories. One, too busy and just hasn't given it much thought. Two, don't trust the vaccine at this stage of development. I passed along some "dad advice" to most of those who I thought were willing to listen. One was a guy who will be turning 30 later this year. I broke the news to him that all of us guys had to learn the hard way. Once you turn 30, you lose your immortality and the abuses of the past will catch up to you.

I love the practical over 30 advice...every decade has its challenges merge in.

Old 04-24-2021, 09:53 PM

139 posts, read 68,279 times
Quote:

I would suggest that the ones who have had COVID already get the one shot J&J vaccine if available because it will act as a great booster for them and provide them with more of a guarantee of safety with the new variants. Make sure they request that the vaccinator aspirate prior to injection-everyone should request this of all vaccines. It is not the current CDC guidelines-but is the only way to actually guarantee that an intramuscular injection is not accidentally given into a blood vessel. There should not be one in the injection zone. But some bodies are variant, just as some viruses are! Most MD's and nurses who have aspirated prior to every IM injection for 30-40 year carrier report about one time they have had a blood return into the syringe. This could be one severe clotting reaction saved. See John Campbell updates of 4/15/21 and 4/24/21 YouTube.

Quote:

I love the practical over 30 advice...every decade has its challenges merge in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area