Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 03:20 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times

Advertisements

Here's another link referencing the next MSA update. This is a couple years old, and the recommendation to change a core city from 50K to 100K did not pass muster, it still shows June 2023 as the next update based on 2020 census data (hope it's not a duplicate link that's already been posted):

https://www.regulations.gov/document/OMB-2021-0001-0001

The issue will be actually finding the information once it's released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2023, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Ok, so there's a bit more clarity on this, I think..

The person I reached out to responded yesterday with no answer, but a link to a massive read on the subject.

Here's what he attached and, if I'm reading this correctly, it seems true that the updated delineations/realignments will be updated next month, June of 2023.

Hi Nick,

You can find the update schedule in Section D of OMB's 2020 Standards for Delineating Core Based Statistical Areas.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...tistical-areas

Scroll down to D. OMB's Decisions Regarding Changes to the 2010 Standards for Delineating Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas

Once you get there scroll a bit more and you'll see a little table that says the next "Decennial Delineation" is in June of 2023.

As described in the final 2020 standards in Section E, OMB will release three different types of updates. (1) Annual Updates—These updates would address qualification of new metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas and typically would affect a small number of counties. (In some years, there may be no updates warranted by the data.) (2) Five-Year (“mid-decade”) Update—This broader update would include: Qualification of metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas, qualification of outlying counties, merging of adjacent metropolitan or micropolitan statistical areas, qualification of principal cities, categorization of metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas, qualification of metropolitan divisions, qualification of combined statistical areas, and titling of metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas, metropolitan divisions, and combined statistical areas. (3) Decennial Delineation—The initial re-delineation following adoption of revised standards would include all of the changes listed for the five-year update, plus the qualification of central counties.

There's only 2 days left in June. Has anything been released yet? If there has been, I can't find it.

Old 06-28-2023, 07:52 PM

865 posts, read 587,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
There's only 2 days left in June. Has anything been released yet? If there has been, I can't find it.
Nope not yet, should be either tomorrow or Friday

There’s currently a thread on the General Forum that’s been keeping track of it
https://www.city-data.com/forum/gene...ns-come-7.html

Old 06-29-2023, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
Nope not yet, should be either tomorrow or Friday

There’s currently a thread on the General Forum that’s been keeping track of it
https://www.city-data.com/forum/gene...ns-come-7.html
How in the world did you ever find that other thread?

Old 06-30-2023, 10:11 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,274,047 times
InlandWave- thanks for that. I’ll monitor there as well.

I reached out to the owner or whoever it is that runs this website (link below) about when we will hear about any changes and he responded: “ Not yet released. Any time. Date uncertain.”

So no one knows. Hell, at this point I don’t even think the census bureau knows lol

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 07-05-2023 at 08:58 AM..

Old 06-30-2023, 01:00 PM

865 posts, read 587,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
InlandWave- thanks for that. I’ll monitor there as well.

I reached out to the owner or whoever it is that runs this website (link below) about when we will hear about any changes and he responded: “ Not yet released. Any time. Date uncertain.”

So no one knows. Hell, at this point I don’t even think the census bureau knows lol

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
Damn the government really blue balling today huh

Last edited by Yac; 07-05-2023 at 08:58 AM..

Old 07-10-2023, 08:23 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,274,047 times
Y’all reckon they just forgot? Lol

Kidding, of course.

If anyone reading this wants the link I posted above but was removed feel free to message me. I didn’t know it was a competitor site although it has some good census stuff.

Old 07-21-2023, 03:15 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Looks like no change in the metropolitan areas if I read it right.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...00o_ZznGE-amGk

Old 07-21-2023, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Looks like no change in the metropolitan areas if I read it right.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...00o_ZznGE-amGk
Yes, but the CSA greatly expanded. Back to Huntsville/Decatur/Albertville along with Lincoln TN.

Old 07-21-2023, 04:33 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Yes, but the CSA greatly expanded. Back to Huntsville/Decatur/Albertville along with Lincoln TN.
And Marshall and DeKalb counties.
Estimated population of the CSA @879,000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area