Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2024, 03:37 PM

414 posts, read 591,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Once again, my ancestors didn't even come here till the early 1900's. Oh I see, every white person that ever lived is guilty by race/skin color no matter who their ancestors were or that they took land from no one??????????? WTH!
You said it, you took land that wasn't yours therefore, you don't hold the moral highground on who comes next - you are a guest as much as they are - and as your ancestors came recently - you definitely have no say regards the Mexican community - some of them who have been living on what it now the continental United States since time immemorial - for far longer than you or your ancestors. I don't know how you get the nerve to complain, you should be quiet and be more grateful.

Quote:
If a Mexican comes here legally and becomes a naturalized citizen of this country that's not the same thing as coming here illegally.
So, every one of those nine million came legally? That isn't true is it?

Quote:
How stupid can one get?
I think it's good you're so self aware.

As you know (or you may not...) there are pathways to legality for illegal immigrants - many of the nine million born in Mexico didn't come through 'legal' routes and you know this all too well or are deliberately playing stupid for some reason - well, deliberately I don't know, maybe you are genuinely clueless.

Quote:
There is no problem with foreigners coming here legally and becoming naturalized citizens as they did everything right within our immigration laws. They are not Mexicans anymore they are Americans and that goes for every other foreigner who becomes a citizen of our country they are no longer German, Italian, etc. they are Americans! Someone needs to learn the difference between race and nationality they are two different things!
Except your government doesn't say the same - the legalise people who come illegally all the time, there are pathways open to illegals to become legal if they don't break the law, work hard and live in country for long enough - what you want and what you think aren't really all that important.

Old 05-16-2024, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
No one should have the right to come and then shake the tin cup for benefits. If they fall on hard times after being here a while, fine. But not right after jumping the border.
Except they're not doing that, most of them come to work the jobs you won't do - maybe your draft dodging ancestor shook a tin cup when they show up but most illegals come to work.

Old 05-16-2024, 07:42 PM

63,301 posts, read 29,383,152 times
Quote...."THEN when YOU came in and rudely interrupted their ways of life with your alien culture, who asked you to come?

LOl, I didn't know that I was alive hundreds of years ago. I'm not that YOU even my personal ancestors weren't alive back then! They weren't even related to the pilgrims/settlers. Oh, that's right all white people are guilty just based on their skin color and race. What kind of stupidity is that???

Old 05-16-2024, 08:50 PM

22,539 posts, read 12,111,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejarano View Post
Except they're not doing that, most of them come to work the jobs you won't do - maybe your draft dodging ancestor shook a tin cup when they show up but most illegals come to work.
BS^^^^There is no job that an American won't take as long as the wages and working conditions are good. Who do you think did those jobs before we got flooded with illegals? Americans did them and are still doing them.

You claim we need illegals to pick crops. No, we don't even need them to do that. There is a visa program available to farmers and it has no caps on it. The farmers who refuse to use the visa program and instead opt for cheap, exploitable, illegal labor are the ones who lose their workers during crackdowns.

Besides, more and more crop picking is being mechanized. Even delicate produce such as raspberries are now picked mechanically.

None of my ancestors were "draft dodging". Nor did they "[shake] a tin cup". There was no welfare back then. Americans and immigrants all knew that it was sink or swim for them.

None of my ancestors came here illegally either. My maternal grandparents came in accordance with the immigration laws at the time. My paternal grandparents were born under the Spanish flag and were granted US citizenship due to the Jones Act. All their children were born under the US flag.

I would never live illegally in another country. For one thing, my conscience would bother me to do such a thing.

Illegal aliens all have one thing in common no matter what their race, religion or ethnicity, and that is this---They have no business being here and need to leave. Period.

Old 05-17-2024, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
BS^^^^There is no job that an American won't take as long as the wages and working conditions are good. Who do you think did those jobs before we got flooded with illegals? Americans did them and are still doing them.
Not BS, why do you think all the industry has gone to China? That's because the American consumer likes buying ten dollar toasters, if US factories made toasters with US wages then those toasters would be 150 dollars but you and your fellow Americans don't want to pay 150 dollars for a toaster - you want to pay 10 dollars, you want high wages and low prices and someone else doing the dirty work and there is far more industry and far more products and far more food grown and picked today than when your great granddad was alive and do you think for one second the average American today would last five minutes picking oranges in southern California when 48% of the population are obese - in great granddaddys day, the obese population was 4% - it is nowhere near the same comparison - to think that the average American today would last any length of time doing hard manual labour whatever the wage is a joke and absolute fantasy.

Quote:
You claim we need illegals to pick crops. No, we don't even need them to do that. There is a visa program available to farmers and it has no caps on it. The farmers who refuse to use the visa program and instead opt for cheap, exploitable, illegal labor are the ones who lose their workers during crackdowns.
That's right, 48% of Americans aren't physically fit enough to do hard manual labour which is why illegals do hard manual labour in your country - I don't think there is a program available to farmers with 'no caps on it' and even if there is - there is so much hard manual labour that local Americans won't or can't do - I watched a Vice documentary about dairy farmers in upstate New York who said they would love to make their illegal workers legal because no local will do the job - so what is this visa that they don't know about where there are an unlimited cap of manual labour for farmers from Mexico?

Quote:
Besides, more and more crop picking is being mechanized. Even delicate produce such as raspberries are now picked mechanically.
Some can but most can't - most have to be picked by hand.

Quote:
None of my ancestors were "draft dodging". Nor did they "[shake] a tin cup". There was no welfare back then. Americans and immigrants all knew that it was sink or swim for them.
Where did I say your ancestors were? Point it out where I said your ancestors were draft dodgers or shaking a tin cup?

Quote:
None of my ancestors came here illegally either. My maternal grandparents came in accordance with the immigration laws at the time. My paternal grandparents were born under the Spanish flag and were granted US citizenship due to the Jones Act. All their children were born under the US flag.
They came to conquered land - they came to the laws of the conqueror - who cares if they came via laws that the US state made up? Who cares about that? Tell me why that is relevant? And I am going to tell you why it isn't relevant - the native people of their land had boundaries and laws but when the Europeans turned up - they became irrelevant - now illegals are turning up, whatever their legal status is, its irrelevant? Why? Because a lot of them become legal and citizens! And everyone knows this - so the state itself turn a blind eye and encourage this behaviour - so they're going to keep on doing it!

Quote:
I would never live illegally in another country. For one thing, my conscience would bother me to do such a thing.
Fine, good, nobody cares. Who is asking you to?

Quote:
Illegal aliens all have one thing in common no matter what their race, religion or ethnicity, and that is this---They have no business being here and need to leave. Period.
Well, it won't be happening in your lifetime, nine million US citizens were born in Mexico, my estimate most came illegally and then became legal and the citizens. No-one is leaving and they're certainly not leaving on your say so, so save your breath.

Old 05-17-2024, 03:26 PM

22,539 posts, read 12,111,709 times
^^^^No use responding to this (post #225).

Buh bye!

Old 05-17-2024, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^No use responding to this (post #225).

Buh bye!

Old 05-17-2024, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Quote...."THEN when YOU came in and rudely interrupted their ways of life with your alien culture, who asked you to come?

LOl, I didn't know that I was alive hundreds of years ago. I'm not that YOU even my personal ancestors weren't alive back then! They weren't even related to the pilgrims/settlers. Oh, that's right all white people are guilty just based on their skin color and race. What kind of stupidity is that???
So, to go back to the original topic, multiculturalism is fine as long as it is legal? So that is a great opinion shift from the first post.

Old 05-17-2024, 09:06 PM

63,301 posts, read 29,383,152 times
Reading comprehension is lacking by some posters in here or they just like to twist other's words. We had a recently banned member that did that all the time. I am not a fan of multi-culterism it just creates conflict. Most countries have an identifying culture even though there are other minority cultures existing within them That doesn't make them multi-cultural per se just as long as the identifying one exits in the largest numbers.

At any rate, no country should become multi-cultural via illegal immigration as it is neither natural nor lawful. Legal immigration in measured numbers it what works who's cultures don't compete or dilute the main one. That also encourages assimilation instead of balkinization.

Old 05-17-2024, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Reading comprehension is lacking by some posters in here or they just like to twist other's words. We had a recently banned member that did that all the time. I am not a fan of multi-culterism it just creates conflict.
It doesn't unless you want it to and the Europeans turned up on a land that already has existing cultures therefore - you and your ancestors contributed to multi-culturalism.

Quote:
Most countries have an identifying culture even though there are other minority cultures existing within them That doesn't make them multi-cultural per se just as long as the identifying one exits in the largest numbers.
Most countries have one or more culture - Belgium has two cultures - the Flemish and the Walloons, the UK has four distinct cultures and has three distinct living languages that exist there, Spain has three or four cultures and about five languages, in Finland there's the Swedes, the Finns and the Lapps etc etc - I can go on forever that many countries have multi-culturalism where there isn't conflict.

Quote:
At any rate, no country should become multi-cultural via illegal immigration as it is neither natural nor lawful.
What about imposing multi-culturalism on native peoples via invasion and conquest like the European powers did, is that natural or lawful? And the answer is no so how can you expect anyone to respect your view when you don't respect the indigenous peoples rights in the land you are sat on? You are a guest, more guests are coming - it's too late to go 'whoa, stop!'.

Quote:
Legal immigration in measured numbers it what works who's cultures don't compete or dilute the main one. That also encourages assimilation instead of balkinization.
What do you mean by 'don't compete'?

Who forced the United States to annex half of Mexico? If one does that then you inherit Mexicans and Mexican culture - a lot of the United States has had Spanish and Mexican culture a lot longer than there has been English in these parts - so when a Mexican wants to emigrate somewhere - they see the southern US as something like home because it used to be Mexico and Mexicans have always lived there - there is a reason why nine million US citizens were born in Mexico.

If English and the associated culture has become the 'main' one through stealth then you can't complain if Latin American culture and Spanish become the main culture in the future by stealth? How can you? Immigrants to the US aren't coming from the UK and Ireland anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration