Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,520,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I am referring to ex-cons and older people who was let go and need some sort of income. Not some teen living at home who knows all about technology
How the heck would anyone here know to what you are referring if you don't say? Why can't you write a well thought through op?

And i had a job in high school. Every day after school and weekends.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
that is ridiculous and people wonder why crime is so high

Ridiculous? Do you want a pedophile working where children are? Yes children go with mom and dad to home depot. Your ignorance is astounding.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:30 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,234,886 times
Internal theft from Home Depot from employees is a huge problem for them, little items that cost hundreds can go missing so easily. It's a lot easier to sell stolen tools and other housewares parts than stolen clothes or blenders from other retailers. My own dad got fired from Home Depot two years for failing the drug test! Was a smart move by them.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:32 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
putting aside your denial of the existence of high school jobs - everyone who graduated (or even just attended) high school in the u.s. in the last 10-15 years used a computer at school. most of those people are now adults in the workforce.

the odds of any random person who might want to apply to be a dishwasher having access to a fax machine (or even knowing where to go to pay to use one - can you even do that anymore?) is way lower than the odds that they know how to use a computer and either have internet access or know that they can go to the library and use the internet for free.

fax machines are outmoded technology and are being used less and less these days. life goes on. progress happens. it's not always perfect. deal with it.

To me it just seems like a lot of typing to wash some damm dishes

Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
How the heck would anyone here know to what you are referring if you don't say? Why can't you write a well thought through op?

And i had a job in high school. Every day after school and weekends.

I'm sorry I meant to say college students home for the summer

Old 06-26-2013, 12:35 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Some people who have expressed interest in dishwashing jobs and some of the ads I have come across requires you to complete a online application??? I mean someone who has a interest in being a dishwasher probably wouldn't have a computer at home or computer experience so to fill out a online application is beyond nuts.

clerical or customer service I can see but a job that does not require the use of a computer?? Now I can see how someone can turn to illegal ways of making money because for a dishwasher job you should just be able to fax a resume. You definitely didn't see ads like this in 1999.
Don't worry....after the amnesty bill passes, there won't be any of those jobs available.

Win/win!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Ridiculous? Do you want a pedophile working where children are? Yes children go with mom and dad to home depot. Your ignorance is astounding.

Yes it's ridiculous to push some damm shopping carts you need to go through all that nonsense

Old 06-26-2013, 12:36 PM

That's what it seems to you. Its been pretty well established that what things seem to you is not actually what they really are.

To the employer its about sanitation and customer perception when they get a dirty fork. And they need to make the best choice to find people who will not spit in a customers food, or otherwise compromise health and safety.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:37 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
A person who is desperate for work and is willing to wash dishes would not know how to use a computer.
Then they should learn.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Yes it's ridiculous to push some damm shopping carts you need to go through all that nonsense
No its not. Lets use target as an example. A target cart pusher has to know about lot and vehicle safety, customer service, and has full access to the entire property including the back stock room. Of course target is going to do a full background check and drug test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search