Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 09:37 AM

585 posts, read 634,796 times

Advertisements

Holy crap, that is a tangled web of complexity through which to dance.

While it is beautiful and many love it there, I am glad I am not a part of this intricate and dynamic fleecing scheme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 09:55 AM

68 posts, read 201,459 times
Default More Alleged Corruption - Elections

Chancery Court, Monroe County, TN Case #20489
Filing dated 7/13/2020

The Rarity Bay Board of Directors is trying to terminate voting rights in the 2020 Board election, for the largest property owner in RB. Rarity Bay Partners (RBP) owns approximately 370 lots.

RBP's filing includes the following allegations:
The LLC·controlled Association should not be permitted to prevent Partners from participating in the 2020 election process, Partners has grave concerns over how the 2019 election was conducted and is convinced that its nominee, who supposedly lost the election by a single vote, would have won if the election was properly conducted so that LLC was not permitted to cast 25 votes for lots that were not part of the community and if Bald Eagle, another multi-property owner in the community, was not permitted to cast two extra votes than it should have been permitted to cast. Justice demands that LLC and the Association not be permitted to manipulate the 2020 election process to continue to deprive Partners, the largest stake-holder in Rarity Bay, of its rights to representation and participation on the board.
If these allegations are even partly accurate, this will be the third revelation of efforts, related to Board elections, that were purposely concealed from residents over the last five years.

When will Association members, finally, be so alarmed, at the amount of corruption in the community, that they will recognize the urgency to act, or to at least, force the Board to be held accountable?

How serious does the violation of trust between the Board and its members have to become before members confront the Board and ask for explanations?

At the very least, future Board elections should be administered by a third-party, or by selected members of the community. Those Board directors still serving, who have participated in efforts against the interests of its members, need to be removed for cause. If they had any sense of honor or decency, they would resign. The annual right to vote for Board directors is the only process which allows a member to have a continuing voice in their future, unless the process is manipulated or important information is concealed.

Board response will be published if one is provided.

Old 08-01-2020, 05:51 PM

6 posts, read 12,656 times
After May 18, 2015, the structure of the board changed.
Declarant has used his "magical" influence and RBCAI and SPC signed an unexpected agreement not to challenge SPC's superiority.

Ever stop to wonder why the board agreed to do so???

Well, not surprised that the voting process is now questioned by RBP (RBP v. SPC litigation) who claims that the previous voting was colluded and it could be manipulated again.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,228 times
Default New to this forum

Hello Everyone!

My wife & I are considering building in RB & are looking at lakefront (dockable) lots. Could someone please tell us the difference in the different land owners... Rarity Bay Properties vs. Bald Eagle vs. Salem Pointe Properties vs. Rarity Bay Communities (have I missed any other entities?).

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!

Any advice on building vs. buying pre-owned would also be appreciated.

Any advice regarding anything is appreciated!!!

Old 09-05-2020, 06:56 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCommGuy View Post
Hello Everyone!

My wife & I are considering building in RB & are looking at lakefront (dockable) lots. Could someone please tell us the difference in the different land owners... Rarity Bay Properties vs. Bald Eagle vs. Salem Pointe Properties vs. Rarity Bay Communities (have I missed any other entities?).

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!

Any advice on building vs. buying pre-owned would also be appreciated.

Any advice regarding anything is appreciated!!!
Welcome to the forum. First, please look through this thread for a lot of information that may help you.

Old 01-25-2021, 12:54 PM

5 posts, read 10,582 times
Just now reading the various new comments as found in the Rarity Bay Master Thread after several months of no access.

Interesting to see the many new homes being built now in Rarity Bay. Good news or not for those in the know?

Old 01-31-2021, 08:39 PM

6 posts, read 11,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamJack View Post
Just now reading the various new comments as found in the Rarity Bay Master Thread after several months of no access.

Interesting to see the many new homes being built now in Rarity Bay. Good news or not for those in the know?

There is indeed a considerable amount of new construction going on. Existing homes seem to be hot as well. Several homes even well over $1M have been selling.

Old 04-11-2021, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 4,002 times
just stumbled onto this site. I am looking at a lot in RB right now. I tried to read here what is going on but I really don't understand all the litigation. anyway. The lot in question does NOT have the club house requirement. I really don't want it. My wife and I are retiring, don't play golf or tennis. We are trained chefs although that is not our main profession, so not eating at the club house in not a problem
So, basically we keep to ourselves, I do not even know the names of our neighbors after 17 years. We just want to sit back and relax in our back yard patio, We do not need to need to socialize at the club house. In fact we have not been to our own club house in 14 years.

Bottom line, question to those who live here. should I consider RB or keep on looking. Thanks. Leonard

Old 04-12-2021, 07:13 AM

11,119 posts, read 9,753,246 times
If you aren't looking for the community aspect of RB, there are other communities in the surrounding area with homes and land just as lovely, lower prices, and less drama/litigation. Check out Tellico Harbor, Thunder Pointe, Harbor Place, Foothills Pointe, Legacy Shores. I'm not trying to steer you away from RB, just saying that there is a lot more out there besides RB and TV, if you aren't into the community aspects.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:54 AM

2 posts, read 4,002 times
decided to nix RB. My builder went to evaluate a lot I was interested in. The guard made him download a copy of his contractors license before allowing him in.. Builder said lot was ok but knowing me I would not be happy there. I want a residential subdivision not a Stalag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville