Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 04:18 PM

313 posts, read 285,609 times

Advertisements

I often hear people say "I don't mind if they come here but legally."

We let in one million a year, legally, far too many in my opinion and the majority are from the third world.

Many times, the so-called 'illegals' are legal citizens. I don't think many realize the massive amount of people we let in from Latin America, legally.

So my question is for the people who say "I don't mind if they come here but legally" would you be okay with letting in 15 million a year legally?

I would not. We need our immigration system under control both for those here legally and illegally.

We are supposed to live in a democracy, it's about time we voted for people who are not hellbent on turning this country into another majority brown, poor, Latin American country with lots of cheap labor.

I mean we're off waging war for Israel but we can't even defend our own borders or control immigration???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 04:20 PM

515 posts, read 369,883 times
Yes, immigration is great

Old 04-23-2011, 04:27 PM

884 posts, read 718,896 times
I too am for legal immigration. But at this point in our Countries financial woes we should be scaling back on the number not increasing.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:57 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,357,784 times
I think we should only have quotas for legal immigration based on the best interests and needs of this country. We must stay within the carrying capacity of our nation. I also think that immigration should be from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. When you allow too many from one group or country it defeats our melting pot ideals and we lose our identity as a nation culturally and linguistically.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,901,457 times
Too much job loss. Very very few jobs are being created so no - we need much less immigration.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:30 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,862,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post

We let in one million a year, legally, far too many in my opinion and the majority are from the third world...
And a vast majority are related to U.S. citizens...

Quote:
...Many times, the so-called 'illegals' are legal citizens. I don't think many realize the massive amount of people we let in from Latin America, legally.

So my question is for the people who say "I don't mind if they come here but legally" would you be okay with letting in 15 million a year legally?

I would not. We need our immigration system under control both for those here legally and illegally.

We are supposed to live in a democracy, it's about time we voted for people who are not hellbent on turning this country into another majority brown, poor, Latin American country with lots of cheap labor.

I mean we're off waging war for Israel but we can't even defend our own borders or control immigration???
Waging war for Israel? Can you elaborate more? We live in a "Republic", which doesn't operate from the principle of the popular vote.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,495,920 times
Time to slow down the legal immigrant flow and stop cold the illegal alien flow.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:14 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,661,289 times
Not right now with what the status of this country. If they are refugees from a country in dire strait, then sure.

We sure as hell don't need unskilled immigrants. We've got more than enough native-born Americans leeching us off.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,497,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Time to slow down the legal immigrant flow and stop cold the illegal alien flow.
Unfortunately with this administration as of past ones, sorry but to stop cold the flow of illegal immigrants, won't happen for quite a while, if ever.

But this administration seems to have no problems or worries at all with illegals in this Country, they can spin it however, but their intentions are very clear.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:05 PM

33,012 posts, read 27,568,363 times
Quote:

I have a simple answer for issues like this:

1) Require an Economic Impact Statement before voting on anything. Identify winners and losers, and calculate how much they will gain or lose.

2) Prepare to compensate all losers.

3) You are now free to move about the House (or Senate) floor...to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration