Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:19 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,587,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
Majority of folks who come on Immigrant Visa are sponsored by family
Some of them are already in US on Non Immigrant Visas and just changing their status For others on work visas there is a demand for them The unemployment rate for college graduates is only 5 % US has to get people
from abroad so that they can be competitive in global world
And most legal immigrants must go through a process with their employers proving that no one else can do their jobs, labor certifications included. If Americans were able to do it, immigrants wouldn't have qualified.

Maybe illegal immigrants hired by greedy people are a bad joke for unemployed Americans that face unfair competition, but it's a complete different game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 03:31 PM

24 posts, read 105,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Theres not many europeans wanting to immigrate to USA. Europe is relatively stable./ .

UK/Ireland residents....even if they do immigrate, it's usually to Australia, New Zealand, other "common wealth" countries where its easier to immigrate to.
Europe is relatively stable, however, many would go to the US (most for five or so years) if it weren't so freaking impossible to immigrate there.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:55 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,169,659 times
Take a look over at Europe and their white financial system. I'd say that the white European countries are the third world countries now. I'd rather live in India or Mexico that crumbling Europe.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,152,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Take a look over at Europe and their white financial system. I'd say that the white European countries are the third world countries now. I'd rather live in India or Mexico that crumbling Europe.
Everybody has their own preferences.

Or maybe you just never lived in India or Mexico?

You definitely never lived in Europe, I guess.

Crumbling...

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 10-27-2011 at 12:26 AM..

Old 10-27-2011, 03:39 AM

511 posts, read 2,452,549 times
American should only let the best and brightest from each country come to America. Our country is full of recent immigrants and High School drop outs to do the dirty jobs. Why are we importing poverty and thousands of unskilled immigrants that whose only value is they are someone's relative?

* In the year 1880 we needed immigrants to fill the factories of our cities for unskilled work. Now our country is full of people and there is a surplus of unskilled workers living in poverty collecting food stamps. It is a different time.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:14 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,665,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
White European countries with a 'white financial system' oh the horror!!!!

You forgot to mention we're going to turn Sharia next week and we're too ***** to stop it and we're not allowed to own cars or start our own businesses and 80% of us live on welfare and we'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for you and we're such slaves we let the GOVERNMENT control our health care

Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 AM

73,076 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
American should only let the best and brightest from each country come to America. Our country is full of recent immigrants and High School drop outs to do the dirty jobs. Why are we importing poverty and thousands of unskilled immigrants that whose only value is they are someone's relative?

* In the year 1880 we needed immigrants to fill the factories of our cities for unskilled work. Now our country is full of people and there is a surplus of unskilled workers living in poverty collecting food stamps. It is a different time.
Well, dirty work in the USA pays more than dirty work in Mexico or in other 3rd world nations,l even if it's below minimum wage.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:21 AM

511 posts, read 2,452,549 times
They have done studies and determined that most illegal aliens have a lower standard of living in America than what they had in Mexico. In Mexico they made less money but it is dirt cheap to live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, dirty work in the USA pays more than dirty work in Mexico or in other 3rd world nations,l even if it's below minimum wage.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:57 AM

73,076 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
They have done studies and determined that most illegal aliens have a lower standard of living in America than what they had in Mexico. In Mexico they made less money but it is dirt cheap to live there.
If they have a lower standard of living here, then why would they come here?

Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,169,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Everybody has their own preferences.

Or maybe you just never lived in India or Mexico?

You definitely never lived in Europe, I guess.

Crumbling...
I've been to Europe dozens of times and India a handful. I've never been to Mexico. I have not "lived" anywhere else other than Princeton Suburbs of NJ, with the exception of a 6 month stay in Jersey City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration