Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:52 PM

10 posts, read 14,251 times

Advertisements

I can firmly say that United States of America in 20011 prefer 3 rd world countries immigrants, anything but white europeans
Well looks like thats the path and seems like in 10 years Hollywood will be Bollywood , and europeans descendants will be minority, for some people it might sound racist, but doesn't racism go both ways?.Looking like walking down the street white person is minority, I thought that there is a quota for each country
It will be interesting to see if future new faces of the nation will be able to achieve what did previous generations ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 03:21 AM

387 posts, read 592,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSks View Post
I can firmly say that United States of America in 20011 prefer 3 rd world countries immigrants, anything but white europeans
Well looks like thats the path and seems like in 10 years Hollywood will be Bollywood , and europeans descendants will be minority, for some people it might sound racist, but doesn't racism go both ways?.Looking like walking down the street white person is minority, I thought that there is a quota for each country
It will be interesting to see if future new faces of the nation will be able to achieve what did previous generations ???
Very few people from Europe want to immigrate to US these days Majority of ppl these days immigrate from China India and Mexico legally
The immigration law was changed back in the 60's by Senator Kennedy and others to let people from other countries to immigrate to US as lots of American Citizens were away in Vietnam fighting

Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,744,026 times
Theres not many europeans wanting to immigrate to USA. Europe is relatively stable./ .

UK/Ireland residents....even if they do immigrate, it's usually to Australia, New Zealand, other "common wealth" countries where its easier to immigrate to.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:26 AM

254 posts, read 592,099 times
Quote:
It is hard to not take the comment like a racist comment when you doubt of the capacity of achievement of the new immigrants whose only difference, according to your post, is that they are not white...

Old 10-05-2011, 11:03 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,108,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
It is hard to not take the comment like a racist comment when you doubt of the capacity of achievement of the new immigrants whose only difference, according to your post, is that they are not white...

Old 10-06-2011, 08:10 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,013,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Any time a person brings race into a discussion, there is the possibility for comments to sound racist to some.

However, looking at the achievements of the vast Latin population in Central and South America, what comes to mind? I can't help but look at the very mess many of these countries are, especially when it comes to corruption.

Now look at a city is is overwhelmingly Latin right here in the US: Miami. What achievements come to mind? And how is Miami any less of a corrupt mess?

I am not Latin but I spent a significant portion of my adult life living in Latin America. I lived there, worked there, married there, had children there. I am quite sure my observations and impressions are not influenced by racist undertones but I do understand the fear that some people have when looking at the changes this country is going through.

While race is unlikely to be a significant factor, a country's culture and ethics are probably not.

Obviously, I wasn't around when poor Irish and Italians flooded into the country, but my guess would be that fears were pretty much the same back then.

I am sure it will all work itself out.

BTW, while there are quotas for various countries when it comes to the diversity lottery, such quotas do not exist for other types of immigration (immediate relatives, etc.).

Old 10-06-2011, 08:21 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,871,319 times
Of course they are. They do our dirty work for less pay, no benefits and in less-than-glamorous working conditions.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,501,933 times
Quote:
Well, you forgot Africans. It's pretty much the same with them. And it's not like "most come from South America". Most come from Central America. The further you go south, the better it gets. The quota from each country applies to the green card lottery. Some countries qualify for a much easier immigration such as Cuba and I think some Asian countries. Read an artcile in the N.Y. Times a while back and it said 55% of foreign born Lationos in the U.S are here illegally. So that's something to consider.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:12 AM

254 posts, read 592,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Any time a person brings race into a discussion, there is the possibility for comments to sound racist to some.

However, looking at the achievements of the vast Latin population in Central and South America, what comes to mind? I can't help but look at the very mess many of these countries are, especially when it comes to corruption.

Now look at a city is is overwhelmingly Latin right here in the US: Miami. What achievements come to mind? And how is Miami any less of a corrupt mess?

I am not Latin but I spent a significant portion of my adult life living in Latin America. I lived there, worked there, married there, had children there. I am quite sure my observations and impressions are not influenced by racist undertones but I do understand the fear that some people have when looking at the changes this country is going through.

While race is unlikely to be a significant factor, a country's culture and ethics are probably not.

Obviously, I wasn't around when poor Irish and Italians flooded into the country, but my guess would be that fears were pretty much the same back then.

BTW, while there are quotas for various countries when it comes to the diversity lottery, such quotas do not exist for other types of immigration (immediate relatives, etc.).
There is not a lot of difference between an individual educated latin american from an educated us citizen. The same way there is not a lot of difference between a poor latin american and a poor us citizen. You should be able to tell this, as you mention you have lived in a latin american country. If you had latin american friends, did they look happy with the corruption of the political system? Did they really had a huge difference in ethics from yours?

Straying into why latin america is poor/corrupt is beyong the point... The point here is "who should be allowed into the US?" and from your ideas, I'm guessing you favor a merit based system. The OP just did not point this out, the only "merit" that he talks about is being white and questions the future of the nation based on this.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:31 AM

387 posts, read 592,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post

Most countries outside of developed countries have corruption so it is not a problem specific just to latin countries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration