Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 10:25 AM

242 posts, read 235,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSks View Post
I can firmly say that United States of America in 20011 prefer 3 rd world countries immigrants, anything but white europeans
Well looks like thats the path and seems like in 10 years Hollywood will be Bollywood , and europeans descendants will be minority, for some people it might sound racist, but doesn't racism go both ways?.Looking like walking down the street white person is minority, I thought that there is a quota for each country
It will be interesting to see if future new faces of the nation will be able to achieve what did previous generations ???

oh another redneck on CD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 10:30 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,566,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Take a look over at Europe and their white financial system. I'd say that the white European countries are the third world countries now. I'd rather live in India or Mexico that crumbling Europe.
maybe the finances are not good in Europe but the the US isn't such a great place either....taking this to a really basic day to day level ... even with statistics to the contrary the US feels like a 3rd world country..... I'm a Brit, married to a Swiss and have lived in Hong Kong, Singapore, Iceland and Ecuador (between us) we are in NY state - just outside NYC and there was no power in our home for 5 days because the snow caused the trees to fall on electricity cables...... what the hell is that kinda crap infer-structure all about ?? either build the cables under the street as we do in Europe, of built the cables higher as we also do in the countryside in Europe .... or just cut the trees..... really its that simple..... FFS.
All we have heard since we move here is how great the US is, Yes I agree there are some great things about the US but there is a lot of negative stuff too. I have never felt like I need protection until I came here now I have mace in my bag, a house alarm I activate during the day...there are places near my home I don't have mobile phone reception ... what is that about... Im in NYS !!! no phone coverage....!! My friends in the UK laugh when my phone cuts out... give me a break..... I had better phone reception in India.....better security in Hong Kong and felt safe in Japan/Singapore and I can't ever remember having no electricity (apart from a remote hotel in Nepal) ever until I lived in the USA..... really I could do a weekly blog with things that amaze me about such a 'super power' but quite frankly Im concentrating my efforts on our move outta here next year
maybe the US loves 3rd world immigrants because they don't look around and question all the crap that the average US citizen just puts up with....

Old 11-12-2011, 02:00 AM

10,115 posts, read 19,418,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Well, "some Indian guy" brought more to the table. You give us your view. There is also the employer's view. Just because a resume overlaps with a job description and a candidate interview well does not mean there is the necessary warm and fuzzy feeling necessary for a working relationship on b oth sides. Unfortunately I hear this frequently. Candidates are sure they nailed it and are ready to celebrate while the interviewer's sid does not reflect that.

DH went through a recruiter, probably he was the problem. Recruiters are known to screw their clients over for their own benefit. I thought they were only supposed to look at foreign applicants if there were no qualified Americans willing to take the job? Oftentimes recuriters send "token Americans" to interview so they can meet that requirement, then go hire some H-1b visa holder because he's cheaper................or, perhaps my dh is just some loser, and some Indian guy who can barely speak English is his better BTW, my dh got feedback from others in that dept, they said the Indian guy was a terrible choice, didn't know squat, couldn't speak English, but.....he made them look "politically correct"...............

Old 11-12-2011, 04:05 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I have done my share of IT recruiting. Pickings in the 10 year experience with reputable companies are slim. 3-5 years, mediore job skills and entitlement mentality is all over. :>(((
sorry if I am slow, so you are saying there is a dearth of native born american IT professionals with 10 years of experience with a reputable company? thanks.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:47 AM

24,606 posts, read 10,921,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
DH went through a recruiter, probably he was the problem. Recruiters are known to screw their clients over for their own benefit. I thought they were only supposed to look at foreign applicants if there were no qualified Americans willing to take the job? Oftentimes recuriters send "token Americans" to interview so they can meet that requirement, then go hire some H-1b visa holder because he's cheaper................or, perhaps my dh is just some loser, and some Indian guy who can barely speak English is his better BTW, my dh got feedback from others in that dept, they said the Indian guy was a terrible choice, didn't know squat, couldn't speak English, but.....he made them look "politically correct"...............
This it OT - Sorry but you sound like sour grapes looking for a scape goat.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:23 AM

973 posts, read 1,706,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
maybe the finances are not good in Europe but the the US isn't such a great place either....taking this to a really basic day to day level ... even with statistics to the contrary the US feels like a 3rd world country..... I'm a Brit, married to a Swiss and have lived in Hong Kong, Singapore, Iceland and Ecuador (between us) we are in NY state - just outside NYC and there was no power in our home for 5 days because the snow caused the trees to fall on electricity cables...... what the hell is that kinda crap infer-structure all about ?? either build the cables under the street as we do in Europe, of built the cables higher as we also do in the countryside in Europe .... or just cut the trees..... really its that simple..... FFS.
All we have heard since we move here is how great the US is, Yes I agree there are some great things about the US but there is a lot of negative stuff too. I have never felt like I need protection until I came here now I have mace in my bag, a house alarm I activate during the day...there are places near my home I don't have mobile phone reception ... what is that about... Im in NYS !!! no phone coverage....!! My friends in the UK laugh when my phone cuts out... give me a break..... I had better phone reception in India.....better security in Hong Kong and felt safe in Japan/Singapore and I can't ever remember having no electricity (apart from a remote hotel in Nepal) ever until I lived in the USA..... really I could do a weekly blog with things that amaze me about such a 'super power' but quite frankly Im concentrating my efforts on our move outta here next year
maybe the US loves 3rd world immigrants because they don't look around and question all the crap that the average US citizen just puts up with....

I am an American and I agree with all that you have written. We are not the "superpower" in all areas that we once were. We do have many great things here, but we tend to turn our backs on what is wrong, or at least some of us do....and what is wrong is growing bigger and bigger every year. BUT with that said, other countries are as well, but in other areas. I just don't know whose are worse!

Old 11-12-2011, 11:12 AM

24,606 posts, read 10,921,225 times
We lived on three continents. Public transportation in Europe is nowadays expensive, most of what I saw last year was unpleasant from cigarette butts to teenagers egging senior citizens on not to mention alcohol all over.
You know you live in an area where snow causes chaos every year. So get a generator. A European suggesting to cut down trees:>)
WA/VA/MD/DC/AL/GA/TX - I do not cary mace nor a concealed handgun and I see the keychain to the house alarm as a means of calling help if I have a mishap.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:00 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,752 times
Immigration happens when a person feels that he/she have better opportunities in job/business/money/lifestyle in USA as compared to his/her home country. I know many students from china,Korea, india who are going back to their home country as they feel that they have better opportunites and life style in their home country rather then struggling out here in USA. The living standards, salary, opportunities for growth have fallen down in USA.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:42 AM

84 posts, read 153,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Immigration happens when a person feels that he/she have better opportunities in job/business/money/lifestyle in USA as compared to his/her home country. I know many students from china,Korea, india who are going back to their home country as they feel that they have better opportunites and life style in their home country rather then struggling out here in USA. The living standards, salary, opportunities for growth have fallen down in USA.
I don't see that happening here, I see all these so called "students" come over here and study on our educational system and then try to put us Americans out by taking our jobs and eventually living here to get a Green Card/citizenship, in short destroying another enterprising American youth's career. I guess it's because over where they have come from like India, China, Korea etc etc they would have to take their higher degrees and still live in a mudhut without electricity and drink the same water they wash themselves in. I have heard a lot of them haven't even seen a lightswitch in their lives, and have stars in their eyes from the moment they land in the great USA

Old 11-22-2011, 11:32 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,566,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyg999 View Post
I don't see that happening here, I see all these so called "students" come over here and study on our educational system and then try to put us Americans out by taking our jobs and eventually living here to get a Green Card/citizenship, in short destroying another enterprising American youth's career. I guess it's because over where they have come from like India, China, Korea etc etc they would have to take their higher degrees and still live in a mudhut without electricity and drink the same water they wash themselves in. I have heard a lot of them haven't even seen a lightswitch in their lives, and have stars in their eyes from the moment they land in the great USA
Have you ever been to India, China or Korea..... I am suspecting the answer is no.... I seriously doubt the source of you 'knowledge' has either.
Below are images from Beijing (In China), Mumbai (In India) and Seoul (In Korea) in that order.... certainly no shortage of electricity there....

I have seen people living in poverty in India so yes there are some people who have nothing but I seriously doubt these are the people buying plane tickets to 'the great USA' to take the career of America's enterprising youth....
Attached Thumbnails
Is US in Love with 3rd world Immigrants ?-beijing.jpg   Is US in Love with 3rd world Immigrants ?-gate-way-india.jpg   Is US in Love with 3rd world Immigrants ?-seoul-korea.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration