Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 09:51 AM

442 posts, read 802,993 times

Advertisements

^Poor illegals, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 01:04 PM

16,287 posts, read 32,457,406 times
People imigrate here because it is the greatest nation on earth. We enjoy more freedom than any other place on the planet.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:40 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,507,506 times
There are over 11 million Filipinos around the world and their remittances help build the country to this day. Urban construction developments are all over the cities in the Philippines and even rural areas are developing because of the flow of money from overseas.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,556,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
I strongly agree with this when it comes to legal immigrants. Legal immigrants who refuse to do these things should pack their bags and go back to their home country.

However illegal immigrants have no way of assimilating. I can blame them for breaking the laws of our land and making it hard for Americans and legal immigrants to get jobs, but I can't blame them for not assimilating.

Illegal Immigrants can f-k off first and foremost. Breaking the laws to enter this country is the worst thing one can do.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM

938 posts, read 1,521,506 times
You're right it does frustrate me that we aren't deporting more illegals but I have sympathy for the kids who were taken here by their parents when they were young and had no say. These kids know very little about their "home country" and think of America as home.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 PM

221 posts, read 381,481 times
Default what i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Did you ever hear of birth control?

The vast majority of our immigrants are coming from a country with very high birth rates, and these people have very high birth rates after they come here. Aren't they just going to do the same thing to our country that they did to their own?

That's one of the easiest things they could change -- stop having children they cannot afford. They surely cannot afford huge families here when their education levels are very low.

My mother-in-law's mother was poor in her Central American country. She had like 10 kids, but only a few survived. I think very poor people want families and have many kids because not all of them survive oftentimes. That is the main joy in life...to have a family/love...especially when you don't grow up in a society full of 'toys' and entertainment and debauchery. And still, many overfed americans have kids that they can't afford or even care for properly while they're out fornicating or doing drugs. It isn't like everyone in the USA is perfect, either, with all of its education and 1st world status.

There is a lot wrong in the world. Did you ever read 'Confessions of an Economic Hitman'? Have you ever heard of (what was formerly called) 'The School of the Americas'? The U.S. has its hand in keeping other nations from progressing. And what about our economic policies like NAFTA, which just end up driving the poorest of the poor from South of the Border here? You sound like a judgemental idiot that probably doesn't try to research the causes of problems...you just come to spread ignorance and spew hate. And as far as population, I wonder if you know that there are more white people in the world than actual Native Americans/mestizos. Yes, chew on that. Or that there was genocide perpetrated in the Americas against Indigenous people. Have you ever heard of Kevin Annet (may be wrong spelling) and the activism he does in Canada? Didn't think so. You should be glad to be living a privileged life on the backs of other populations. People like you disgust me.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:01 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,711,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
Oh its well documented in black and white.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/06/in...xico.html?_r=0

I'm not against immigration but I'm against immigrants who go to their dreamland and refuse to assimilate, refuse to learn English, refuse to work and refuse to respect the laws of their host country. You might want to do some research on Google on what Mexicans have done in California, even removing the US flag in post offices and schools and putting up theirs, holding Mexican independence parties on US soil, and telling US citizens that "they were here first" and "they have a right to be here and have a right to burn the US flag", doing all that on US soil, before you're so quick to jump to their defense. Try doing that in China I dare them..and see what happens.
Can you blame them? Land was taken away from mexico by force.Thjs is after mexico allowed immigrants from america in so they could settle land, and what did the immigrants do? Complain about the government and law, refused to learn spanish, so how is this in different than what goes on today. Wbat is good for americans should be good for everyone, but no its seems like americans can refuse to assimate amd learn the language, and impose their beliefs on everyone else, but heaven help us if people come here amd try to do the same thing. It just seems kinda hypocritical to me

Old 06-12-2013, 02:30 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,128,586 times
Why I want to live in the USA?
Because I want to be sure, that the law will protect me. I can't fight with criminals and fools in the government of my own country. They have money, resources, power, so I have just a hope for justice and desire to live like a human.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:07 AM

983 posts, read 1,642,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Why I want to live in the USA?
Because I want to be sure, that the law will protect me. I can't fight with criminals and fools in the government of my own country. They have money, resources, power, so I have just a hope for justice and desire to live like a human.
.... Aaaaaaand we have a winner!

That's pretty much why.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,869,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
Same reason why people go trolling on the internet?
Is "trolling" a buz word for an idea that another does not agree with. And it becomes a catch all end an discussion without having to exchange further ideas? Kinda a like calling someone a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration