Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 09:01 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,245,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSAWWM View Post
The issue of land ownership is a long standing debate...it won't end here. However, let me indulge you in your own belief system for a bit..

If, assuming, my mother is the legal arbiter of the land she occupies and thusly allows my presence on it, shouldn't I, if being of will, be legally allowed on the land with which she can do as she pleases?

If private land is indeed private, what business does the State have in barring my entry of it if both private parties are in agreement that I am entitled to?
Unless your momma has an international airport on her land, you have to traverse public land to get to her land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 09:48 PM

17,361 posts, read 22,108,706 times
It appears the OP is Mexican. Do you think Mexico would do a background check for dual citizenship? How long did that last politician last there 2 hours, before being killed?

Old 09-22-2016, 09:57 PM

10,366 posts, read 8,004,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
It appears the OP is Mexican.
He stated in at least one other thread that he's of African and American descent. So presumably the other country he holds citizenship with is in Africa.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:36 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,356,553 times
i have a feeling the OP is from nigeria. he/she reminds me of how a former coworker from nigeria used to talk and express himself at work--so entitled, demanding that everyone bends to his wishes in that we should even donate our vacation time to him so he can have more vacation time for no critical reason, that he's all-knowing that no one else should be above him knowledge-wise.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:39 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,969,531 times
Quote:
OK, ideological debates aside...do I really have to worry about not being allowed to visit my mother or not attending my sister's wedding? Because, if so...perhaps a career in public service isn't for me after all...

I couldn't imagine being barred from my family...no job or amount of money is worth that.

I know the rules are the rules, but it just seems rather mean to me idk. "Don't do this or you'll never see your mom again!" (I know, exaggerating...but still...)

Is it that serious?
OP I'm not going to get into the debate of right and wrong in regards to free travel. I can however give you an answer to your question "how hard would it be for you to travel in/out of the USA" because I have some knowledge in that area. The most important factor in determining that is your country of citizenship. Which country will you be a citizen of after you give up your US citizenship?

Old 09-23-2016, 02:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,355,243 times
Quote:
I think I grasp the concept quite well actually. I just reject the concept of man made squiggly lines on a map as meaning much of anything in actuality. The earth belongs to all earthlings...these arbitrarily drawn borders are stupid. There's nothing natural about them.

I'm not too keen on the concept of boarders at all.
I'm in agreement on your point of view but things are what they are and theres not a thing you or i can do about it,those squiggly lines on the map are here to stay.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:02 AM

24,634 posts, read 10,958,690 times
Somehow my crystal ball does not show "high level official" of some obscure African country after looking at your 34 posts here.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:28 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,747,418 times
Quote:
But, shouldn't there be? I mean, a man has the right to visit his mother regardless of the musings of man written down in ink on mulch. They'd be denying me a fundamental human right..it doesn't seem fair.
That is not a human right and if you choose to give up citizenship (which to me sounds crazy) then you give up all rights to this country.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:30 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,747,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
i have a feeling the OP is from nigeria. he/she reminds me of how a former coworker from nigeria used to talk and express himself at work--so entitled, demanding that everyone bends to his wishes in that we should even donate our vacation time to him so he can have more vacation time for no critical reason, that he's all-knowing that no one else should be above him knowledge-wise.

That's the funniest thing I ever heard! LOL I would have told him where he could go! Back to his old country!!

Old 09-23-2016, 07:34 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,356,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
That's the funniest thing I ever heard! LOL I would have told him where he could go! Back to his old country!!
i almost did! and this is what the OP should exactly do--go to that country where he wants to hold that esteemed "high public official" he is so desperate at getting. he has no loyalties to the US whatsoever, only whatever he can get from his momma in the US. oh cry me a river, baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration