Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 12:31 PM

39 posts, read 31,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
People from the UAE are eligible to try to get a visa from the Diversity Visa lottery. You can try your luck.

https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ons.html#below
yes and this is third time for me and i hope succeed this time

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 12:38 PM

39 posts, read 31,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Well, then get a job and then provide a salary certificate.

Because unless you plan on entering the US by illegally crossing the Mexico/US boarder you`ll be arriving by air.

And you`re wasting your time/money. If you don't have the correct documentation the immigration authorities will simply send you back
Well, then get a job and then provide a salary certificate.

Because unless you plan on entering the US by illegally crossing the Mexico/US boarder you`ll be arriving by air.

And you`re wasting your time/money. If you don't have the correct documentation the immigration authorities will simply send you back
Rate this post positively

I pray for all the poor people in all the world to improve their situation and that their dreams come true

Old 01-15-2017, 01:24 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,352,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelove View Post

I pray for all the poor people in all the world to improve their situation and that their dreams come true

like all of them getting in the US when and how they want?

Old 01-15-2017, 03:43 PM

783 posts, read 576,099 times
Quote:
The country where I live is very safe, but I can not get a lot of my rights here is the problem
Have you thought about working to improve the rights of people in your country? I know it sounds difficult, but others have done it in other countries throughout history. That will ultimately help your children and your children's children more than moving to another country and hoping to achieve success.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:46 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,481,894 times
I really don't think the USA needs more low income, low education citizens, legal or otherwise. Just because you and 1,000,000,000 of your closest friends want to live here, doesn't mean we need to allow you all to immigrate. Please try to improve your situation in your own country.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
I really don't think the USA needs more low income, low education citizens, legal or otherwise. Just because you and 1,000,000,000 of your closest friends want to live here, doesn't mean we need to allow you all to immigrate. Please try to improve your situation in your own country.
apparently, it's a global human right for everyone to be granted entry to the US. immigration should not be limited. US should have no borders at all.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:58 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
OP --- There is a good chance with the new administration coming in, legal immigration may well become even more restrictive.

I'm sure that you also know that there is talk about restricting legal immigration from the ME until a way can be found to properly vet prospective immigrants from the ME.

While nothing has been done as of yet, expect something to happen along those lines in the near future. For several years, there has been talk about wanting to end the diversity lottery, too.

When the Iron Curtain fell, a relative from the "old country" came here to study for 2 months. After those 2 months, he went home and wrote letters to the extended family asking us to sponsor him. The trouble was that none of us had a job to offer him. Plus, despite there being chain migration, we were all too distantly related to be of help to him. It's similar to the situation you are in, so do take note.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:02 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I do not want other countries just want America

There is impossible because I do not ask the impossible

Work visa and the search for a sponsor is not a very difficult subject, but what you need to grow fonder of luck more than anything else

I still sent a lot of messages to Mr. Trump with Twitter but no one answered

But I will try to be my dream
Don't try to contact Trump. He doesn't want more Muslim immigrants.

There was a student from UAE posting here last year. He had a full university scholarship from his government to study in the US. The government was paying for everything. Is that type of award only for the children of government ministers and high people like that? I was curious as to what kind of people get such a luxurious and prestigious scholarship, with all living expenses in the US + schooling paid for.

Are you not qualified to go to university in UAE?

Actually, the US does need more legal manual laborers. Trump brings in cheap workers from places like Romania to work in his hotels, cleaning his hotels. He wants to stop people from coming in illegally to work, and to make it easier for employers to arrange simple work visas for common laborers. But he won't bring in Muslims. Are you a Christian in UAE? There are many hotels and many farms that need laborers, but I don't think anyone will be looking to the Middle East for that labor.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-15-2017 at 06:11 PM..

Old 01-15-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
OP --- There is a good chance with the new administration coming in, legal immigration may well become even more restrictive.

I'm sure that you also know that there is talk about restricting legal immigration from the ME until a way can be found to properly vet prospective immigrants from the ME.

While nothing has been done as of yet, expect something to happen along those lines in the near future. For several years, there has been talk about wanting to end the diversity lottery, too.

When the Iron Curtain fell, a relative from the "old country" came here to study for 2 months. After those 2 months, he went home and wrote letters to the extended family asking us to sponsor him. The trouble was that none of us had a job to offer him. Plus, despite there being chain migration, we were all too distantly related to be of help to him. It's similar to the situation you are in, so do take note.

the US is getting too diverse already. it would make sense to stop the diversity lottery for a while. besides, the people allowed to enter via the diversity lottery pretty much have similar situations as with refugees--people draining resources before they can even be of help to the host nation.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:33 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
the US is getting too diverse already. it would make sense to stop the diversity lottery for a while. besides, the people allowed to enter via the diversity lottery pretty much have similar situations as with refugees--people draining resources before they can even be of help to the host nation.
Not necessarily. The Muslim communities in the US help their own. They're able to offer basic jobs for unskilled workers--copy centers are one of their niches in the city where I lived before. Quite a few of the copy centers were owned by Near Easterners, including the main ones the university used, and they'd train newcomers to use the copy machines.

Or they're able to help people like the OP get started with a taxi driving business, and that sort of thing. The ones who have become established help the newcomers out. It's pretty impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration