Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 03:36 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,551,228 times

Advertisements

I am sorry to say that unless you win a green card lottery, there is very little chance that you will be able to immigrate to the U.S. To increase your chances, you will absolutely have to first earn a college degree in your country, and improve your English. Then, you might be able to find an employer to sponsor you for a job, but even then your chances are small. The only other route is to become fluent in English and apply for entry to an American college or university; the problem with this option is that you will have to pay for your own education, which will be very expensive. I'm sorry for the bad news, but this is simply the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 10:13 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,889,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Don't try to contact Trump. He doesn't want more Muslim immigrants.

There was a student from UAE posting here last year. He had a full university scholarship from his government to study in the US. The government was paying for everything. Is that type of award only for the children of government ministers and high people like that? I was curious as to what kind of people get such a luxurious and prestigious scholarship, with all living expenses in the US + schooling paid for.

Are you not qualified to go to university in UAE?

Actually, the US does need more legal manual laborers. Trump brings in cheap workers from places like Romania to work in his hotels, cleaning his hotels. He wants to stop people from coming in illegally to work, and to make it easier for employers to arrange simple work visas for common laborers. But he won't bring in Muslims. Are you a Christian in UAE? There are many hotels and many farms that need laborers, but I don't think anyone will be looking to the Middle East for that labor.
You don't know about Trump's business.

There's always SOMEONE who has to bring Trump into the picture.

Did you EVER own a business? You REPEAT HIRE the same people from the same agency who you KNOW will implement YOUR standards the way you want. You DON'T waste your time with a revolving door of people who have no clue.

He uses TEMPORARY NON AGRICULTURAL H2B workers for SEASONAL guest workers here in FL Oct to May high season.

Therefore, it has nothing to do with the OP who wants permanent immigration. If there were such a thing as a UAE Temporary Agency for hotel help why didn't you tell him to take that route?

So what if his agency targets Romania or SA? And it's not even TRUE that he doesn't hire other ethnicities. Go to Doral or other FL locations. The entire place is Hispanic.

Other agencies target Haitians. Here in the healthcare industry where they're becoming a majority.

Guess what? They all take their shoes off in my clients residences and walk around bare footed even though I've told them a million times it's prohibited by their agency. They'll put their shoes back on but the next night if I show up unexpected, NOPE - shoes are in the middle of the room. But they have a contract with the agency so we're stuck with the nonsense. Unless the client kicks them out and hires private.

I turn business away every single day here this time of year. And NO, I'm not interested in hiring for 6 months. Especially Muslims since it's a PET CARE business LOL. When I was operating in high rises in Jacksonville not a single Muslim would even get in my elevator even when I assured them they didn't have to worry about the dog. And even though they moved to the high rise their plan was always to just avoid the dogs they said. We had no problems there Israeli Jews and other Middle Eastern nationalities all living together but you had to know their ways.

Maybe not all people are interested in all jobs. There is such a thing as cultural ways. WHY aren't immigrant Muslims getting into the agricultural industry, for example, instead of just Hispanics? I'm pretty sure your fundamentalist Muslim won't be interested in being a waiter and serving booze either. How are you going to work in a hotel with PORK if you won't touch pork?

How about the fine of $240,000 a company received by the EEOC for Muslims who refused to carry booze on a truck for their TRUCK DRIVING JOB?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jury-awa...l-in-illinois/

BTW we do the same thing HERE in my county. Citrus ag in FL. WE USE THE SAME AGENCIES for migrants year after year and their kids even go to school HERE where they have bilingual stuff. They do not have arabic or any other Middle East bilingual education here at the moment.

Temporary or Permanent Immigration is a privilege and you need to be able to be a benefit to US, not just the other way around all the time.

Ask the OP if he's willing to work in a pork slaughterhouse like the Hispanics do if he's so desperate to be here.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 01-16-2017 at 10:36 AM..

Old 01-16-2017, 11:13 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,513,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
tell that to your FELLOW US citizens as i'm not a US citizen yet, so i have no voting rights. but i do see that people were really desperate at changing the political environment to the point of having to vote for someone like trump who only has business experience to bring to the game. a not so clean one either. he came from a liberal state, so even if he represented the republicans, who knows when he'll do a 180 turn.

if you really wanted your FELLOW US citizens to vote for hillary, then you should've advocated for her harder.
So then they did vote for him! Make up your mind!

Old 01-16-2017, 12:39 PM

173 posts, read 111,352 times
https://www.facebook.com/travelgov/
This is web page on FB. Read through and see if any of the data there may help you.
Not easy, unless you're lucky to obtain legal refugee status. And even then, long waiting period.
Switzerland or Japan are way better choice to immigrate if possible.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:53 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
You don't know about Trump's business.

There's always SOMEONE who has to bring Trump into the picture.
The OP brought Trump into the picture. I was just responding.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51squirrel33 View Post
https://www.facebook.com/travelgov/
This is web page on FB. Read through and see if any of the data there may help you.
Not easy, unless you're lucky to obtain legal refugee status. And even then, long waiting period.
Switzerland or Japan are way better choice to immigrate if possible.
Legal refugee/asylum status is conferred by the UN and there are war torn migrants in camps waiting YEARS right now to be approved.

The OP does NOT qualify, living in the wealthy UAE just because he feels like it's nicer here.

That's what happened with the dead baby on the beach drama. The father and the family had been living in Turkey in an apartment for three years after leaving a warzone ....maybe Iraq not sure.

HE wanted to go to Canada but the refugee petition was not approved because he had no urgent problem. He wanted the dental work. So he snuck his family on the boat and it was that tragic ending.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The OP brought Trump into the picture. I was just responding.
Perhaps he did but you thought you'd embellish it for him LOL.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:32 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelove View Post
greetings to you all

I'm new here

I live in the Middle East and I want to work and study in the United States

I want to work with Visa How can I get it and what are the procedures?

How can I find work in the US and I live outside the United States ??

I found a lot of jobs but they apologize when they know I am not a resident of the United States

I hope for help

I want the best for me and my family's future

I have a high school certificate

* And customer service experience in more than nine years

Have a valid driving license

I can afford to work kind whatsoever
Dont get disheartened. YOu said you want to work and study in United States. In order to study in US, you need a 12+4 years of education. Then you can apply for any colleges here to get a Masters degree.

Or start doing software development, get into IT and some companies can sponsor for your H1B, again that requires 12+4 years.

Or get a job in UAE that can do intra company transfer visa called L1. Many hardware companies such as HP, Dell etc have presence in UAE i think.

Or marry an US citizen.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:38 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
Chobani operates a very large manufacturing plant in Twin Falls, Idaho. The cows graze near the Snake River and cow manure ends up in that river and tributaries that all eventually flow into the Columbia River and the Pacific Ocean. Also, lots of feed for the cows is grown along the Snake and runoff also pollutes. I voted for neither.
Probably effect of artificial growth hormones?? For several hundred years cow dung was used as fertilizers.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:51 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
So then they did vote for him! Make up your mind!

make up my mind on what? they did the voting, i CANNOT vote yet. you didn't even bother reading my entire post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration