Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2018, 02:42 PM

292 posts, read 572,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What kind of evictions ? Eviction for not paying their rent ?

Anyone living in someone else's property should expect to have to move at anytime.

Also these evictions where rent controlled tenants are asked to move they get payouts of many thousands under the Ellis Act.
I guess we need to set up a court system where the defendants (presumed guilty until proven innocent, of course) where people who are homeless can plead their case on why they should be allowed to rejoin society and be allowed to live anywhere, not just LA. I expect it to be a kangaroo court though.

Quote:
Maybe we need to encourage people to move to other places that are more affordable. Central California is one or out of state .
Nobody has a right to live in L.A for below market rent . It's not in the constitution .
Nobody had a right to steal land from the Native Americans either. You are living on ill gotten soil paid for by the mass murder and near annihilation of the people who were here before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 02:50 PM

26,844 posts, read 27,016,943 times
Quote:
Keep in mind in most other places these tenants in these circumstances don't have the right to these huge 'relocation' sums.
No one said that an evicted tenant had any right to relocation fees. The point was that very few homeless people receive $ from being evicted.

Quote:
These tenants are getting this huge sums and still suing landlords! It's ridiculous.
Who? The four women and three men suing in Orange County?

Old 02-13-2018, 03:56 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,707,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I don't get why you have completely misinterpreted my point.
Let me correct...insert housing for house.
Here is where you missed my point. Never did I say the homeless 'expect' others to buy them a house...the bleeding hearts expect others to provide free housing to the homeless. My point is why not instead provide it to those who are working hard to make ends meet but who are barely scraping by?
This has nothing to do with what I posted.

Nor are you entitled to free housing just because you are a career homeless person.
No, I didn't misinterpret anything.

I think you did.

People who are barely scraping by in LA need to rethink living here.

And my comments most certainly have to do with what you posted.

I know a few people here who are "scraping by" or always whining about "scraping by", everyone of them and I mean everyone of them has full cable, wifi at home, a smart phone, a laptop, and a tablet.

Point is many who are scraping by are doing so because they don't know how to budget money. Can't not have the latest device, notice the ones who seem to be online when Apple releases their latest device here on a Monday, how come they're not at work? Why do they need that device? They don't.

Yes, there are some people really struggling, I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my 50s and years ago when you were "scraping by" you did without. You had the basics and no extras, that is unheard of today.

So no, people who can't afford LA should look elsewhere, and minimum wage jobs weren't designed to be able to support a family on.

It's really no different than loaning(also known as not seeing your money ever again) to family or friends who are always in financial crisis, yet they eat out and buy clothes they don't need, you keep bailing them out and they never learn.

Not going to reward people who in many cases didn't apply themselves in life, can't save any money, etc. with housing.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:00 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,544,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkingBlythe View Post
I guess we need to set up a court system where the defendants (presumed guilty until proven innocent, of course) where people who are homeless can plead their case on why they should be allowed to rejoin society and be allowed to live anywhere, not just LA. I expect it to be a kangaroo court though.

Nobody had a right to steal land from the Native Americans either. You are living on ill gotten soil paid for by the mass murder and near annihilation of the people who were here before.
Uh huh...

Old 02-13-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
No one said that an evicted tenant had any right to relocation fees. The point was that very few homeless people receive $ from being evicted.

Who? The four women and three men suing in Orange County?
But not every person that is evicted becomes homeless. They rent another place in L.A...or they move to where it's affordable..which is most of the country.

You know there are places in this country where you can actually take that 'relocation money' and use it as a down payment on an FHA mortgage on a 2-4 unit propety and live for rent/mortgage free by living in one unit and renting out the other units.

There is great opportunity in this country....so whose fault is it if one doesn't take advantage of it?..

Article here for reference :

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renews...aid-live-free/

This is what people should be doing instead of crying that they are entitled to subsidized housing in L.A

Old 02-13-2018, 06:57 PM

26,844 posts, read 27,016,943 times
Quote:
You know there are places in this country where you can actually take that 'relocation money' and use it as a down payment on an FHA mortgage...

This is what people should be doing instead of crying that they are entitled to subsidized housing in L.A
I don't think that any of these chronically homeless people, especially those who live in encampments and don't know basic fire safety, are complaining about being entitled to subsidized housing. It's probably all they can do just to find some place to sleep for the night that's relatively safe.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:05 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,292,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Not going to reward people who in many cases didn't apply themselves in life, can't save any money, etc. with housing.
This applies to the homeless as well right?

You did misunderstand my point 100%.

If the bleeding hearts want to "save" the homeless and think that building them free housing is going to be the solution then my point was I would rather see hard working folks who are barely making it get free housing instead of handing it to career homeless folks who will most likely never work hard, get off of drugs, learn skills to help themselves be successful or do anything to overcome being homeless.

That's my point. You can spin it all you want but that's my point.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:11 PM

Why do the homeless have to live in L.A, one of the most expensive places on the planet to live in?
Non of the homeless advocates can answer that

Old 02-13-2018, 07:14 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,292,541 times
Quote:
Why do the homeless have to live in L.A, one of the most expensive places on the planet to live in?
Also why do they have to live on the coast of Northern CA?

The bleeding hearts here go out of their way to make life easy for them all the while ignoring their bio-hazardous camps, their bike chop shops, their drugged out behaviors, their stealing packages from peoples pouches, their constant polluting the land all around them with garbage and setting up filthy camps on public land.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:25 PM

689 posts, read 2,586,825 times
Quote:
Why do you have to live in LA? None of the housed advocates can answer that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles