Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 07:12 AM

10,241 posts, read 6,331,454 times

Advertisements

Invite the neighbors to the party. That is what our former neighbor always did. "If they are AT the party, they won't be complaining about noise".

We have been invited to a friend's 4th BBQ. Besides nearby non-household family, friends, SO, his daughters, SILS, and kids are coming from NH and California to stay with him.

He lives on 2 acres of property. It would take a lot of noise, and snooping, for anyone to know what he is doing.

When our daughter and her kids from out-of-state came to stay over last week, we told her to put her car in our garage for any paranoid people who might see it.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:32 AM

26,758 posts, read 26,856,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
How about you do you and I do me? I am not responsible for your well being anymore than you are for mine.
And that way of thinking is the reason the virus has spread so rapidly.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:07 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,891,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Invite the neighbors to the party. That is what our former neighbor always did. "If they are AT the party, they won't be complaining about noise".

We have been invited to a friend's 4th BBQ. Besides nearby non-household family, friends, SO, his daughters, SILS, and kids are coming from NH and California to stay with him.

He lives on 2 acres of property. It would take a lot of noise, and snooping, for anyone to know what he is doing.

When our daughter and her kids from out-of-state came to stay over last week, we told her to put her car in our garage for any paranoid people who might see it.
That's a pandemic party. You sound like it's okay with you. How do you expect the virus to fade away with many people acting like that?

In some neighborhoods - that unlikely to be one that anyone oversees - neighborhood councils (including HOA's) need to meet and draw up punishments for mixed-household gatherings.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:08 AM

8,354 posts, read 6,443,466 times
The OP has bought into the hysteria fully. There have been other flue's nearly as bad with no shutdown of everything, no destroying the economy, no putting people out of work, no media everyday, all day, nothing but frenzy. Woodstock was during one of these times.
Where was the OP during the riots?

Old 07-02-2020, 09:14 AM

26,758 posts, read 26,856,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
There have been other flue's nearly as bad with no shutdown of everything, no destroying the economy, no putting people out of work, no media everyday, all day, nothing but frenzy.
Nope. Read up, Vega.

Why Comparing Flu and COVID-19 Severity Is Not Equivalent:
https://www.contagionlive.com/news/w...not-equivalent

Here’s Why COVID-19 Is Much Worse Than the Flu:
https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...9-isnt-the-flu

Old 07-02-2020, 10:30 AM

I was mostly online during the protests and riots, indicating some disapproval.

subpoenas and fines for uncooperative partygoers
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/so...?ocid=msedgdhp

Also, liberal mecca West Hollywood is getting tough, with an outdoor face mask requirement that I don't agree with. (If I bought into everything, I would support that and regular use of gloves.)

They are doing this because the public doesn't want to behave and subsequently the virus rages on.

Attention, particularly owners/managers of restaurants and other places that sell food: party-sized packages and deliveries shouldn't be sold anymore, and I hope government makes that official with ordinances and vigorous enforcement.

A crackdown on private gatherings needs to happen now.

Old 07-02-2020, 11:09 AM

368 posts, read 367,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Also, if any children or dependent adults get sick directly from illegal gatherings, the adults responsible should be prosecuted.
So. You're the one I see driving with a mask on! And standing in line at the weed store. And living in a gated community. Yep, thats you. You got it made, nobody else should.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:34 PM

I drive with a mask on sometimes. Other than that, you are very, very wrong.

Either you support strong measures that will end the pandemic (with private gatherings probably the biggest remaining obstacle), or you're just tough with words.

If anyone knows about People of Walmart, a similar website about Covidiots is needed, with submissions of named, pictured party-goers a big part of it and 'credits' if the photos are from their social media.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:46 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,147,125 times
Quote:

Either you support strong measures that will end the pandemic (with private gatherings probably the biggest remaining obstacle), or you're just tough with words.

If anyone knows about People of Walmart, a similar website about Covidiots is needed, with submissions of named, pictured party-goers a big part of it and 'credits' if the photos are from their social media.
I will gladly be on that website. If you think i will change my ways because of shamming, you got a lot to learn

Old 07-02-2020, 01:18 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,283,829 times
Quote:

You can get uniforms for your shock troops that snitch on people. I suggest brown shirts with armbands.

People that shame people on websites are the lowest of the low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles