Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 05:56 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times

Advertisements

This pandemic is hurting almost everyone and needs to weaken as soon as possible, and I say the following because the government's approach to private gatherings has been toothless.

If your neighbors are having obviously more people over than they are supposed to - which is particularly likely this weekend - use whatever excuse you can to get it shut down. For example, noise or parking complaints. You can even use the guerilla tactic I suggested in another thread.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-...-cases-15.html

Also, complain to the landlord/manager if it's rented property you also live on. I urge readers who rent property to others to distribute written notices that mixed-household gatherings are not being allowed in the county for health reasons.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:05 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,039,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
This pandemic is hurting almost everyone and needs to weaken as soon as possible, and I say the following because the government's approach to private gatherings has been toothless.

If your neighbors are having obviously more people over than they are supposed to - which is particularly likely this weekend - use whatever excuse you can to get it shut down. For example, noise or parking complaints. You can even use the guerilla tactic I suggested in another thread.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-...-cases-15.html

Also, complain to the landlord/manager if it's rented property you also live on. I urge readers who rent property to others to distribute written notices that mixed-household gatherings are not being allowed in the county for health reasons.

Ok, Karen.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:56 PM

That's an inaccurate insult.

Anyway, what government should do at least this weekend is have very visible police patrols, for both illegal fireworks and outdoor gatherings. Some lights and sirens would interrupt parties and visits with people to tell them mixed-household gatherings are forbidden would scare most of them into stopping immediately and not being so blatant in the future. The government could even publish a list of violators.

goodheathen for autocratic local leader!

Old 07-01-2020, 08:25 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
The big church I go to has a lot of classrooms so this Sunday they are having groups of less than 100 in each classrooms and following all the requirements

Old 07-01-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The big church I go to has a lot of classrooms so this Sunday they are having groups of less than 100 in each classrooms and following all the requirements
1) That's not what I was thinking of as "private gatherings."
2) Anywhere near 100 people in a classroom doesn't sound safe to me in a pandemic, and I hope that Garcetti and other politicians have reached out to churches to cut back indoor activities for the next few weeks. The weather has been good lately. Take some things outside if they feel necessary and social distancing will be enforced. Unlike private citizens, churches face real, negative consequences for mishandling that.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:20 PM

Also, if any children or dependent adults get sick directly from illegal gatherings, the adults responsible should be prosecuted.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:58 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Rat out private gatherings
This has to be a troll thread.

Quote:
goodheathen for autocratic local leader!
Oh yeah, totally a troll thread.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:05 PM

I can make one joke in the middle of a serious thread. It's a serious thread. We'd be better off with an autocrat running LA, if his tactics work. Letting people privately mingle as they want undermines most efforts to control the virus. The actual politicians almost admit that.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:24 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
I can make one joke in the middle of a serious thread. It's a serious thread. We'd be better off with an autocrat running LA, if his tactics work. Letting people privately mingle as they want undermines most efforts to control the virus. The actual politicians almost admit that.
Wow. All I can say is sieg heil!

Old 07-01-2020, 10:33 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Since it’s already been shown that the vast majority survive the virus, how about those who are more in the high risk category .... wear masks, social distance or stay the heck home?
I am pregnant and I am doing what I can to protect my unborn children, but I don’t expect everyone to change their lives just because I am considered as having a compromised immune system, because I am pregnant. I’ve been holed up on our property for months and only leave
For Doctor appointments.... so far. I don’t do large gatherings for this reason. How about you do you and I do me? I am not responsible for your well being anymore than you are for mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles