Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 11:28 AM

11,427 posts, read 5,967,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
I will see you, and raise you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJcdI1CyoBI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 12:12 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,412,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminesnow View Post
What on earth is so appealing about LA??
I’m lost why people want to live there. Hmm
People will ALWAYS want to live/move to LA from not just other parts of the country, but from ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!

Why? Outstanding employment opportunities in all industries, especially those people are MOST interested in (tech, gaming, finance, entertainment). World class hospitals (Cedars, UCLA Med, etc.). World leading educational opportunities (USC, UCLA, Pepperdine, Loyola Law School, FIDM). Outstanding weather/climate. Culture, theater, the Pacific ocean, close to Disneyland, diversity of people cultures and food, museums (Tar Pits, the Getty, Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, Griffith Observatory, the George Lucas museum that will soon open by USC), the best restaurants, great clubs/music (Whisky A Go Go, Roxy, Hollywood Palladium, Kia Forum, Crypto.com arena), on any given day you will not only run into a famous celebrity, but you'll also see some of the most beautiful people from all over the world (India, Russia, Iran, Ukraine, Thailand, Japan, China, Indonesia, etc.) and exposed to languages from all over the world. Did I mention the food? We also have great recreational opportunities that you can do year round like hiking, biking, skating, running, surfing, plenty of tennis courts and golf courses. We have great sports teams like the Dodgers, Lakers, Rams, Chargers, and now the Clippers. I can go on and on about how GREAT LA is and why people are always moving here. Those who dont move here but visit will always consider it a "flex" when the post/show on their social medias things here in LA.

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 02-07-2024 at 12:21 PM..

Old 02-07-2024, 12:40 PM

4,211 posts, read 3,288,447 times
Quote:
It seems so filthy to me, polluted, busy as hell and extremely expensive. I’m lost why people want to live there. Ok, maybe if you’re super wealthy but even then. Hmm
Its the only trillion dollar GDP city in the world with that climate.

That's the appeal.

Old 02-07-2024, 12:43 PM

50 posts, read 63,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
People will ALWAYS want to live/move to LA from not just other parts of the country, but from ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!

Why? Outstanding employment opportunities in all industries, especially those people are MOST interested in (tech, gaming, finance, entertainment). World class hospitals (Cedars, UCLA Med, etc.). World leading educational opportunities (USC, UCLA, Pepperdine, Loyola Law School, FIDM). Outstanding weather/climate. Culture, theater, the Pacific ocean, close to Disneyland, diversity of people cultures and food, museums (Tar Pits, the Getty, Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, Griffith Observatory, the George Lucas museum that will soon open by USC), the best restaurants, great clubs/music (Whisky A Go Go, Roxy, Hollywood Palladium, Kia Forum, Crypto.com arena), on any given day you will not only run into a famous celebrity, but you'll also see some of the most beautiful people from all over the world (India, Russia, Iran, Ukraine, Thailand, Japan, China, Indonesia, etc.) and exposed to languages from all over the world. Did I mention the food? We also have great recreational opportunities that you can do year round like hiking, biking, skating, running, surfing, plenty of tennis courts and golf courses. We have great sports teams like the Dodgers, Lakers, Rams, Chargers, and now the Clippers. I can go on and on about how GREAT LA is and why people are always moving here. Those who dont move here but visit will always consider it a "flex" when the post/show on their social medias things here in LA.

so i guess it’s literally an absolutely perfect place to live. fascinating

Old 02-07-2024, 12:44 PM

50 posts, read 63,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Its the only trillion dollar GDP city in the world with that climate.

That's the appeal.
is weather everything in life?

Old 02-07-2024, 01:54 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Quote:
We've answered your question. You still don't like LA. We get that. At this point, are you just trying to make it an "I hate LA" thread or can we move on?

Old 02-07-2024, 02:09 PM

4,211 posts, read 3,288,447 times
Quote:
No, just explaining that its a unique setting not replicated anywhere else in the world.

I live in San Diego, which is more or less an identical climate and similar geographic setting. Its a very large city itself, but nowhere close in any measure of influence to Los Angeles.

Year round nice weather also facilitates things like the film and TV industry.

Plenty of huge cities in the U.S. with no obvious appeal-Dallas, Atlanta, Phoenix, Houston. Most people just aren't that confused about why L.A. is popular.

Old 02-07-2024, 06:34 PM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times
Quote:
Are you for real? Lots of people were born in LA. Their families are there, they work there, it's home. It hasn't always been the mess it is now.

I've been to NYC & wondered why people live there, but they do.

Old 02-08-2024, 11:24 AM

13,646 posts, read 9,701,990 times
Quote:
Every place is absolutely perfect, in which to live... if one has the perfect perspective. Isn't that fascinating?

Old 02-08-2024, 01:46 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,851 times
Here's just a few points of L.A,and in my opinion there are more Positives than Negatives to living in L.A.
And just like in every other place, L.A does have it's issues and so does California,but if your happy living here,then that's what matters most importantly

From L.A you've got the Beaches(The Coast),Mountains,Deserts,National Parks,etc.
Your also not too far away from San Diego,Las Vegas or Mexico,and The Bay area and Hawaii is closer as well by plane.

Weather:
Most of L.A has mild year-round weather.

Opportunities:
It's America's 2nd Largest City in the state with the largest economy in the country,and one of the largest in the world.

Variety:
You've got Outdoor Recreation,Shopping,Dining,Amusement Parks,Museums,Shows,Attractions,Special Events,Parades...You basically got practically everything to enjoy for all Ages and Types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles