Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2022, 07:34 PM

12,873 posts, read 22,050,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
This is a far better Buffalo team than we saw during the Brady era, on both sides of the ball. They're better than these Patriots, who would have to play absolutely mistake-free football to have a chance, but they're not doing that. Watching Josh Allen just run through our defensive players like they're just standing still is discouraging - normally you want to pressure the QB, but our guys seem powerless to stop Allen when he runs, so you almost don't want them to pressure him!
Oh they’re infinitely better. I’m not super upset considering that this is very much a team in transition and the Bills are a team that’s really a championship contender now. But still, I would have like to have seen a little more so far. This is a rout, and it should have at least been closer than it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 08:15 PM

12,477 posts, read 9,560,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Oh they’re infinitely better. I’m not super upset considering that this is very much a team in transition and the Bills are a team that’s really a championship contender now. But still, I would have like to have seen a little more so far. This is a rout, and it should have at least been closer than it is.
Yeah, they may well be contending for the championship - I didn't realize it, but they've got the #1 defense, and their offense - in the first half tonight, they scored a touchdown on every possession and they averaged 9.0 yards gained per play. Playing like this, they can definitely give Kansas City a run for their money.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:49 PM

12,873 posts, read 22,050,536 times
Yep, they look great right now. And they’re running up the score. I honestly can’t even be mad about it. They’ve watched the Patriots do this for nearly 2 decades. It’s their moment.

Old 01-15-2022, 10:09 PM

Ouch. The Patriots offense had some struggles for sure tonight, but at least they had *some* success. The Pats defense - they had no sacks, forced no turnovers, and made no stops! I have to concede that I wasn't watching closely every minute, but I think the Bills scored a touchdown on every possession - over the entire game? I don't think I've ever seen that happen in a game.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:04 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,281,854 times
Liverpool is on at 9am. The John Henry teams are having a good year.

The Patriots only shot was a low scoring game. I haven’t seen a Patriots beating like that since Refrigerator Perry. The Patriots went into a decade-long tailspin after that.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:53 AM

Well, the glass half full side is that the Patriots definitely made progress versus last season, but the glass half empty side is that so have their division rivals. Josh Allen showed great promise from his first year, but he was still kind of raw and would make some bad decisions in earlier years. He's playing smart football now, and, they've gradually gotten a better team around him and look very complete right now - it's not just Josh Allen that makes Buffalo a strong team. Hopefully Josh McDaniels and Darth Hoodie will have some inspiration in the off-season. I am confident that Mac Jones will continue to improve, but they need more than that to run with this Buffalo team.

Old 01-16-2022, 10:10 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,777,075 times
What did I say before? The Patriots' defense was a sieve yesterday. Poor defenses allowing opponents to score easily puts pressure on the offense and gives momentum to the opponent. The Patriots need better defense next year.

Old 01-16-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
What did I say before? The Patriots' defense was a sieve yesterday. Poor defenses allowing opponents to score easily puts pressure on the offense and gives momentum to the opponent. The Patriots need better defense next year.
I think the Patriots had one of the better ranked defenses of the regular season, but certainly they had NO answers for the Bills in the past two games - zero punts for the Bills in either of them, and with the Bills right inside the same division, they'll need to figure out something.

Old 01-17-2022, 03:26 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Yeah, they may well be contending for the championship - I didn't realize it, but they've got the #1 defense, and their offense - in the first half tonight, they scored a touchdown on every possession and they averaged 9.0 yards gained per play. Playing like this, they can definitely give Kansas City a run for their money.

They say that the Bills were perfect on offense. They had a touchdown each time time they had the ball, never faced a 4th down, never punted and they had positive plays with each snap. The only time they went backwards was at the end of the game for the victory kneel downs.

The Bills came to play.

The Patriots seemed like they were just going through the motions.

I like Mac but he ran hot and cold over the season. As a rookie he was one of the better ones but still it was not all his fault. I say half of Mac's problems were the same that Brady faced in his final year here and that was he had few guys to throw to. Do the Pats even have a star receiver like a Diggs that needs to be double teamed?

It just seemed that when Mac struggled was when the receivers could not get open.

With the Bills the screen plays were not netting much but then again they seldom do with the Pats.

I don't know but it seems that Mac fads back too far before he throws those short passes and the receiver has to scramble just to get back to the line of scrimmage and hopefully more.

I'm sure they will eventually figure it out. There is always next year..

Old 01-17-2022, 04:51 PM

Very nice breakdown of the second Bills/Patriots game of the regular season here in Kurt Warner's episode of "Study Ball". Two things stood out for me as frequent issues with the Bills on offense - the Bills' receivers seem to be better than the Patriots at achieving separation in man-to-man coverage situations; and they seem to be good at creating these situations where Josh Allen rolls out to the side with a receiver 15-20 yards downfield, and a lone defender working between them has no good choice - it's a 2:1 situation and he can come up to cover the run and Allen can easily lob it over his head to the wide open receiver, or he can go back to cover the receiver, and Allen will easily run for a big gain. Kurt is a very clear explainer, and I like his analysis much better than the videos of people yelling at one another and making snarky comments, which is about all some of these sports shows amount to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Vwf-6qjgc

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 01-17-2022 at 05:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts