Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2021, 09:41 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times

Advertisements

Cam was 5-21 for 92 yards, 2 is interceptions and a 5.8 (yes that’s 05.8) quarterback rating last week. I don’t think the supporting cast was the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2021, 02:01 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Interesting note on the Pats - they have the largest (by total mass) offensive line in the NFL, led by 6ft8, 380lb Trent Brown. And if that's not bad enough, as GeoffD pointed out, on some running plays they use 6 offensive linemen, with 6ft3, 350lb Mike Onwenu lining up on the right side as a "tight end".

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...ottest-offense

Old 12-09-2021, 10:32 AM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Interesting note on the Pats - they have the largest (by total mass) offensive line in the NFL, led by 6ft8, 380lb Trent Brown. And if that's not bad enough, as GeoffD pointed out, on some running plays they use 6 offensive linemen, with 6ft3, 350lb Mike Onwenu lining up on the right side as a "tight end".

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...ottest-offense

The 5 starting OL were all in the game 100% of the snaps. The big deal about that was that Trent Brown was in for 100% of the snaps after being semi-injured for weeks. Onwenu was in tackle eligible for 31 of 51 snaps. 61% of their snaps had an extra tackle reporting eligible with 6 OL. Jonnu Smith was in for 39 of 51 snaps as blocking tight end. Jakob Johnson was in for 25 snaps as a beefy fullback. N'Keal Harry was in as a blocking end for 25 snaps. Complain about Harry as a punt returner and not getting open on pass plays but he's a pretty good blocker which is why he wasn't released or traded for a used jock strap in the off season.

Personally, I'd expect a lot of play action passes off of that formation in better weather if teams start run blitzing to prevent it the way Buffalo did in the 4th quarter. Jonnu Smith and Jakob Johnson have pretty good hands.

Old 12-09-2021, 12:03 PM

12,817 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Personally, I'd expect a lot of play action passes off of that formation in better weather if teams start run blitzing to prevent it the way Buffalo did in the 4th quarter. Jonnu Smith and Jakob Johnson have pretty good hands.
Oh definitely. Especially the two weeks following the bye. Indy ranks among the bottom of the pack in yards per carry allowed and in the bottom 3rd in total rush yards allowed. Wentz is playing pretty well over the stretch (if the Pats weren't on an even bigger run, Indy would be the media darling for their turnaround) and the pats will likely employ a similar power run game to keep he and Jonathan Taylor off the field. In the dome, I'd expect them to use the play action quite a bit. They'll also likely try to take a similar approach against Buffalo since they have proven they can run on them and it's hard to imagine the conditions won't be at least a little better for passing to exploit the blitz.

Old 12-09-2021, 12:46 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Oh definitely. Especially the two weeks following the bye. Indy ranks among the bottom of the pack in yards per carry allowed and in the bottom 3rd in total rush yards allowed. Wentz is playing pretty well over the stretch (if the Pats weren't on an even bigger run, Indy would be the media darling for their turnaround) and the pats will likely employ a similar power run game to keep he and Jonathan Taylor off the field. In the dome, I'd expect them to use the play action quite a bit. They'll also likely try to take a similar approach against Buffalo since they have proven they can run on them and it's hard to imagine the conditions won't be at least a little better for passing to exploit the blitz.
As much as I admire what the Pats have done, I'm a lifelong Colts fan (hence my handle), and could not bear losing yet again to BB, especially with a rookie QB at the helm!

Old 12-09-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
As much as I admire what the Pats have done, I'm a lifelong Colts fan (hence my handle), and could not bear losing yet again to BB, especially with a rookie QB at the helm!
The Manning Colts were good teams. Rivals, not hated. All Patriots will remember the 4th & 2 play New England didn’t make. Belichick acknowledged after the game that his defense was unlikely to stop Manning so they had the best odds going for it to keep the ball out of Manning’s hands. I will say that the nonstop Peyton Manning commercials got pretty old as he was approaching retirement and then retired. I can respect cashing in on your name before you become obscure but that was ridiculous.

Old 12-13-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
It's going to be a great game to watch. The Colts have played exceptionally well recently and it's more of a must-win for them. But the Pats also would love to have the win in order to keep the #1 seed and keep the buffer between themselves and the Bills going into their 2nd matchup. I'm anxiously looking forward to it.

Old 12-13-2021, 09:46 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
It's going to be a great game to watch. The Colts have played exceptionally well recently and it's more of a must-win for them. But the Pats also would love to have the win in order to keep the #1 seed and keep the buffer between themselves and the Bills going into their 2nd matchup. I'm anxiously looking forward to it.
The way I see it, BB always finds a way to neutralize your best weapon. JT will likely be throttled, and Wentz will need to step up and get creative. The Colts' WRs are their weakness.

Old 12-13-2021, 10:40 AM

The good news is that New England can probably go 1-3 in the last 4 games and still make the playoffs. It would be great if they won out and got a bye but a W over Jacksonville is probably enough to punch their ticket. I don’t think any fan thought the Patriots would be in this position when they were 2-4 starting a rookie QB.

I know what I’m doing on Saturday night. LOL

Old 12-13-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
The way I see it, BB always finds a way to neutralize your best weapon. JT will likely be throttled, and Wentz will need to step up and get creative. The Colts' WRs are their weakness.
That's definitely Bill's M.O., but this team does have issues when it comes to stopping the run. So even if Bill schemes a defense to stop JT, whether they can execute is another story. We'll see. It's going to be a great one to watch Saturday night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts