Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 04:23 AM

12,817 posts, read 21,993,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Well you got the 13 points for the Titans right! As usual, there are some asterisks here - the Titans were without their top running back and their two top wide receivers; the Patriots had numerous trips to the red zone that ended in field goals instead of TDs. Still, there were a lot of trips to the red zone and they won 36-13, their 6th straight win to reach 8-4. I think people have to acknowledge that the Patriots are playing really well and they look like a playoff team right now. The defense is arguably outplaying the offense, and the running game has been just as important as the passing game - they have balance.
It wasn’t as close as I thought it would be, but it also wasn’t as close as it looked. Overall, a good win. Banged up or not, the Titans are are still a very good team. The defense made some key plays this week, but the Titans actually moved the ball well. And Jones got away with some pretty bad throws. The tone from the interviews is that they realize they need to play better, so I’m hopeful they will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 04:53 PM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’ll take it. The game was way closer than the final score. The Patriots run defense looked like 2020 much of the time. The MNF game @ Buffalo is huge.
The next 3 games will be the Bills, Colts, and Bills again, which will be a challenging stretch for sure. I gotta tell you though, I don't think either Buffalo or Indy is looking forward to playing the Patriots right now.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
The next 3 games will be the Bills, Colts, and Bills again, which will be a challenging stretch for sure. I gotta tell you though, I don't think either Buffalo or Indy is looking forward to playing the Patriots right now.
Oh they're definitely not. I actually like the way we match up against the Bills on both side of the ball. The Pats defense is very good, but it's definitely stronger against the pass than the run (the Titans ran wild on the Patriots). The Bills offense is very pass-heavy. On the other hand, the Bills defense struggles against physical, run-heavy teams (we all saw what the Colts did to them) like the Patriots.

The Patriots can probably run on the Colts too, but I'd expect the Patriots to struggle to stop Indy's running game (especially Taylor). The Colts actually scare me a bit more than the Bills at this point.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:10 AM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Oh they're definitely not. I actually like the way we match up against the Bills on both side of the ball. The Pats defense is very good, but it's definitely stronger against the pass than the run (the Titans ran wild on the Patriots). The Bills offense is very pass-heavy. On the other hand, the Bills defense struggles against physical, run-heavy teams (we all saw what the Colts did to them) like the Patriots.

The Patriots can probably run on the Colts too, but I'd expect the Patriots to struggle to stop Indy's running game (especially Taylor). The Colts actually scare me a bit more than the Bills at this point.
Regardless, after last year, it’s great to have meaningful games in December. I’m wondering if the Bills @ Pats game will be flexed for three prime time games in a row? I’m supposed to be on a Vancouver-Toronto flight for the whole game on Boxing Day. At the moment, the SNF game is Washington @ Dallas. That might not be a meaningful game by then.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post

The Patriots defense is playing great overall, that is for sure - I mentioned earlier that the Pats have an average point differential of 25 over the win streak. Much of this is coming from the Patriots defense holding the opponents' score down, plus scoring touchdowns themselves on turnovers, or giving it back to the offense with a short field so they don't need to go far to score. The offense hasn't had a lot of showy output stats, not like the glory days with Brady putting up 400+ yards passing on a regular basis. With such great contributions from the defense though, the offense doesn't *need* to have huge output for them to win.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:21 PM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
That was the ugliest NFL game I’ve ever seen. Winning ugly is a good thing.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:42 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times
Definitely Bill’s favorite win of the season.

Old 12-06-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
That was the ugliest NFL game I’ve ever seen. Winning ugly is a good thing.
Yeah, I was extremely frustrated. Was that 2 pass attempts by the Pats the entire game? And after a while, the running game really wasn't working very well, but they kept running anyway. They were more worried about turning it over than they were about not scoring any points. They leaned heavily on that defense, and somehow, eked out a win. But yes, an ugly win is still better than any kind of loss. And now they are in sole position of the lead in the AFC at 9-4!

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 12-06-2021 at 10:25 PM..

Old 12-07-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Definitely Bill’s favorite win of the season.
Absolutely! He even joked a little at the press conference. I’d argue this may be one of his favorite non-super bowl wins ever. 2/3 for 19 yards passing and a W. Unbelievable. I’m happy to have predicted this one wrong.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:23 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
I was only able to watch bits and pieces of the game but wow . . . when you look at the stats that was an absolutely demeaning loss for the Bills. If you watched the post game press conferences everyone from the coach to the players were clearly feeling like they had just been very soundly thrashed despite the 4 point differential.

I mean they only threw the ball THREE times. THREE TIMES!!! Totally unheard of in the modern NFL. Plus, they ran the same running plays over and over and over again. I think they could have told the Bills what plays they were running and the Pats still would have won. They just got thoroughly outplayed.

Going into last night, I expected a very competitive game but a combination of the elements and what BB saw as the Bills' weakness dictated that they were going to run a lot and that keeps the score down.

Quote:
Yeah, I was extremely frustrated. Was that 2 pass attempts by the Pats the entire game? And after a while, the running game really wasn't working very well, but they kept running anyway. They were more worried about turning it over than they were about not scoring any points. They leaned heavily on that defense, and somehow, eked out a win. But yes, an ugly win is still better than any kind of loss. And now they are in sole position of the lead in the AFC at 9-4!
It was 2 completions and 3 pass attempts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts