Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 07:25 PM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
^Try electric...it's really good for this!
I know ...if it was an electric vehicle that was acting like the Altima...I wouldn't have been able to successfully do what I did....I know my vehicle's capabilities and limits up against other vehicles. Run of the mill Altimas, Civics, Rogues, etc...no contest...Teslas or the like...forget it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 08:30 AM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
^Try electric...it's really good for this!
A base trim Altima does an 8 second 0-60. 20 years ago, that was a reasonably fast car. An SR VC can out accelerate a Karen in a luxury crossover. I’ve had lots of Hertz Altimas over the years. I wouldn’t buy one but they’re pretty much middle of the road for F class rentals. I’ve driven them on 3 hour trips and it didn’t kill me. If I decide to eclipse chase clear weather in April, it wouldn’t kill me to do a 1,000 mile day in one. They’re comfortable enough.

Old 03-03-2024, 09:42 AM

103 posts, read 60,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I almost got hit again a week ago people run red lights like it's going out of style. If I had a rock with me I'd throw it at their window. If I was a cop I would slam them down on the ground. One time a woman charged me with her car and a guy in a truck witnessed it. You have to assume they will run the red light
Police are not doing their job it's as simple as that when it comes to traffic .
With police defunded and minor crimes decriminalized, you're pretty much on your own. Look twice and assume the worst.

Old 03-03-2024, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Yes people are out for themselves and that comes to when driving fast and even doing rude things like pulling over in inconvenient places to let people out of a car or pick someone up...the last thing anyone should want is to get an accident or hit someone walking. The fact that there have been 3 incidents just this week where people have been hit walking (and it's february, not even summer) seems alarming.

I hadnt looked at the cars thread in a while...maybe i should have just posted there...i was thinking that thread was about car models, etc.
Personally, I think there are plenty of people out there who won't care for a second if they hit somebody as long as they don't get caught.

Old 03-03-2024, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I blame social media. It essentially normalized this sort of behavior without consequenc since one can hide behind online anonymity. Calling someone out for it deems one a “snowflake” now, which pretty much validates the belief that folks can do/say whatever they want and people need to “toughen up”. I’d venture to guess lots of folks still feel “untouchable” in their 4000+lb SUVs as they flip a bird and scurry off from whatever incident they likely caused.

I’ve always said folks driving style is a reflection of their personality. I’ve found this to be more common that one would imagine. The biggest road ragers/selfish drivers I personally know also have the most self-centered personalities. “Snowflake” is a regular word for them.
It's not social media. Boston driving savagery was notorious decades before social media.

During rush hour I stood on Tremont and Mass and watched FIVE cars blow the red light at high speeds (trying to "squeak through").

Old 03-03-2024, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
A base trim Altima does an 8 second 0-60. 20 years ago, that was a reasonably fast car. An SR VC can out accelerate a Karen in a luxury crossover. I’ve had lots of Hertz Altimas over the years. I wouldn’t buy one but they’re pretty much middle of the road for F class rentals. I’ve driven them on 3 hour trips and it didn’t kill me. If I decide to eclipse chase clear weather in April, it wouldn’t kill me to do a 1,000 mile day in one. They’re comfortable enough.
My 0-60 is about 4.7 sec so no, even an SR VC altima isn't going to out accelerate me!

Old 03-03-2024, 09:52 AM

I think the bike lanes have exponentially increased the frustration level of the four wheel drivers because it takes them all significantly longer to get home. I personally like the bike lanes because I travel on two wheels and whiz right by the poor folks stuck in that ridiculous jam.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:54 AM

23,554 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post

So in other words, the Altima will beat the Subaru Outback (0-60 in 8.7 sec) to the Family Dollar. Poor Mr. EBT will have to settle for one of the outer parking spots (often doesn't end well in good ole New Bedford).

Old 03-03-2024, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
So in other words, the Altima will beat the Subaru Outback (0-60 in 8.7 sec) to the Family Dollar. Poor Mr. EBT will have to settle for one of the outer parking spots (often doesn't end well in good ole New Bedford).
Omg...I didn't realize outbacks are that slow!

Old 03-03-2024, 01:26 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastDallasDude View Post
Personally, I think there are plenty of people out there who won't care for a second if they hit somebody as long as they don't get caught.
I take it from your screen name that you came from Texas? Do people run reds there like here? If I was in Texas and carried a gun if someone charged me with their car they would be getting new tires after I shoot at their tires. Down south I heard like

Georgia people talk slower and drive slower. They are not in a hurry like northeastern people. I must admit as a native Massachusetts person I am impatient. However I respect pedestrians and want to avoid any traffic incident at all times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts