Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 07:41 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
... I honked at them and then noticed they had an "organic farming" bumper sticker and some other earthy stickers on their SUV! Aren't these salt of the earth people supposed to be kind hippie folk or are they actually the worst of all the snowflakes?!

That would be the folk who actually live on farms and grow food. The rest, who live in cities, are pretentious, entitled schmucks with more money than brains who have this whacky notion that they are going to 'save the planet' by forking over 3x as much dough for non-GMO produce that may or may not be as good as the 'ordinary' stuff...and think that everyone else should kiss their butts and lick their boots for making this courageous sacrifice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2024, 09:04 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post

All that rush and we got there 20 seconds apart. Just had to laugh.
Wouldn't have been that funny had she run over a pedestrian or two at that crossing. It's still pretty dim after 5 pm these days, visibility is crappy as is. This is typical sick M***hole behavior, sadly.

The worst part, as you pointed out? Speeding doesn't make *any* sense other than in long distance driving, if your objective is to save time.

Old 03-01-2024, 09:06 AM

16,292 posts, read 8,126,207 times
The woman who slammed into an ambulance last week in Foxboro with a kid in her car was drunk. Her child had life threatening injuries

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...N4ZIUUYOE363I/

scary

Old 03-01-2024, 09:08 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
CPD has decided to reduce (almost completely eliminate) traffic enforcement as they do not feel they can manage it in such a way as not to be accused of bias. I assume this is what is going on with many local PDs. The only tickets given out are by staties, but they seem most interested in revenue generating high volume speed traps such as those around the Ted Williams tunnel.
^Yeah, and there's apparently a police presence at the Storrow Dr left exit off the Leverett Connector, to check for drivers that try to cut in at the last minute. I have that happen to me all the time and almost expect it now. I honked at a guy who did this, and then saw he had an out-of-state (MD) plate, plus he made a hand gesture of apology. But it's hilarious that this is viewed as worthy of enforcement, while far more dangerous behavior (like running red lights) isn't.

Old 03-01-2024, 10:41 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post

The worst part, as you pointed out? Speeding doesn't make *any* sense other than in long distance driving, if your objective is to save time.
Exactly! This entire encounter took place over 20 or so minutes. In the end, all that self-imposed stress and she saved 20 seconds! Is it worth it?

I say the same thing when I see folks weaving and changing lanes on the highway and then we hit traffic and I coast past them when my lane moves up past them. Is any of that worth it?

Just relax and drive people.

Old 03-01-2024, 11:06 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I had a funny incident last night on my ride home that I didn't even think of until now. Witnessed the most entitled driver i've ever seen.

Commuting home on I-95 through Wakefield. 5PM. It's stop and go traffic. I'm in the right lane because I'm getting off in Lynnfield. BMW M7 X50I. I noticed it at first because it's a sharp looking vehicle. Well, lady driving it must have decided she didn't want to be behind me. Got into breakdown lane, pulled around me and put on her blinker and pushed on in front of me. No idea why. It's traffic and I'm creeping right on the bumper of the car behind me. But she decided she wanted to be in front of me. I just let her in and kept sipping my coffee.

We get off at the same exit and now we are driving through Lynnfield. SHe proceeds to ride the bumper of the car in front of her. When said car puts on right blinker to pull into driveway, she crosses the double yellow to pass them before they can even turn. Repeats this 2-3 more times. We come to a crosswalk with folks getting ready to cross. She cruises through it and I stop. I catch up again just driving normally. Traffic is dense enough she can't actually go any faster despite her aggressive driving. We get a 4-way stop, she rides the tail of the car in front of her while the car that was supposed to go lays on the horn. I'm just shaking my head at this point.

I catch up again and we are stuck behind a car doing 35 in a 35. I can just see the hand gestures and frustration through the back glass that they can't go faster. We are stuck like this for about 1 mile.

Get to a turn we both take and she guns it. 35MPH road and she must have hit 50+ easily. I cruise up the road normally. 1/2 mile later I see her pulling into the driveway. She's casually getting out of the car. Didn't look like she was in a rush at this point.

All that rush and we got there 20 seconds apart. Just had to laugh.
Did she have a nice mcmansion at least? Drivers like that really pi** me off. I'll intentionally take my foot off the gas until we are going 15 in a 35mph if she's not happy with me going the speed limit. I mean would she really want to crack up that M series SUV if I brake checked her at 15mph?!

Old 03-01-2024, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
The woman who slammed into an ambulance last week in Foxboro with a kid in her car was drunk. Her child had life threatening injuries

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...N4ZIUUYOE363I/

scary
I googled the name in the article to see if it came up on linkedin and a name matching hers comes up saying "Research Scientist at Brigham & Women's" Not sure if it's the same person or not though.

Old 03-01-2024, 11:10 AM

Today on 495 I had a guy in a work truck (had some logo on side but didn't catch it he was going so fast) come flying up behind me in middle lane. I was going 75 and this guy must have been going 100mph if not more...as soon as I saw him approaching at that speed I put my 4-way hazards on and he barely missed clipping me before he weaved lanes then sped up and did the same thing to the next person up ahead. Wasn't jam packed traffic either...cars were able to flow at 70+ no problem.

Old 03-01-2024, 11:50 AM

16,292 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
I googled the name in the article to see if it came up on linkedin and a name matching hers comes up saying "Research Scientist at Brigham & Women's" Not sure if it's the same person or not though.
I saw that too...it wasn't her. I figured out who the person is on FB.

Old 03-01-2024, 12:09 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Did she have a nice mcmansion at least?
Ehh....it was a pretty nice home not gonna lie. She was a bit easy on the eyes too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts