Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 06:06 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,133,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If there was a honeymoon in the CNN-Biden world relationship, it’s now over.

The White House has been frustrated by some of the network’s programming and talent decisions under new network chief CHRIS LICHT, who continues to reign in the perceived anti-Trump zeal some people at the channel engaged in under his predecessor JEFF ZUCKER.

One person with knowledge of the situation said White House officials were irked by the negative coverage of President JOE BIDEN’s speech last week in Philadelphia decrying the threats to American democracy. The person specifically noted the network’s focus on the speech’s optics in which Biden stood in front of a dramatic red background with several U.S. Marines behind him.

Much of the cable news chatter on the speech’s visuals were driven by BRIANNA KEILAR, an outspoken CNN host known for her tough grilling of Trump officials. The “New Day” anchor blasted the Biden White House over the presence of the U.S. Marines during Biden’s address, saying it was “wrong when Democrats do it. It’s wrong when Republicans do it.”

The White House did not respond to multiple requests for comment. But Keilar’s comments weren’t the only source of its frustration with CNN.

www.politico.com/newsletters/west-wing-playbook

Biden is not happy CNN is falling in line. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 06:39 PM

13,635 posts, read 21,459,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
www.politico.com/newsletters/west-wing-playbook

Biden is not happy CNN is falling in line. Thoughts?
Yes my thoughts, Republicans and or otherwise non far leftist voters are starting to see the extent that the far left have gotten in schools, government, media, college, corporations (like Disney)and are finally pushing back thanks to certain leaders like DeSantis for example. Even liberals like Elon Musk and Bill Maher have called it out.

However it is going to be a long hard fight because the left won't give up easily as you can see from the speech with U.S Marines as props they will double down on authoritarian measures first. And while some news networks are saying they might be more subjective don't look for it to happen so much.

Several Florida school boards just went conservative and out of the grip of the far left, it starts there and works up, just the same way the far left started and expanded.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:47 PM

21,334 posts, read 19,966,993 times
They've been doing this for awhile. Blame the media for "not getting the message out." Like as if the media is supposed to be beholden to them. CNN is probably realizing that they made a huge mistake promoting Biden and the only way they are going to get viewers is to focus on Trump's inevitable re-election.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:50 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,431,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yes my thoughts, Republicans and or otherwise non far leftist voters are starting to see the extent that the far left have gotten in schools, government, media, college, corporations (like Disney)and are finally pushing back thanks to certain leaders like DeSantis for example. Even liberals like Elon Musk and Bill Maher have called it out.

However it is going to be a long hard fight because the left won't give up easily as you can see from the speech with U.S Marines as props they will double down on authoritarian measures first. And while some news networks are saying they might be more subjective don't look for it to happen so much.

Several Florida school boards just went conservative and out of the grip of the far left, it starts there and works up, just the same way the far left started and expanded.
Last time the right ruled the roost was probably back in the days of Ralph Reed and the Christian coalition. The dems studied the approach they use which was to ta,e every seat you could at the local level. School boards, water plants, commissioners, school super intendenents etc. knowing nobody cared much.

This was wildly successful and the religious right came to power for a period. This was studied and adapted by the liberal, not sure what to call them. Let's just say extreme left. The thing these days with the right blue collar types is they actually work, aren't as instilled with the righteousness of Jesus and are tired when. They come h9me.

Work at a coal mine and try to campaign or do gig work online. Less physically and time intensive employment is an advantage. Gay people don't have kids typically. None of my neighbors here in West Virginia have much energ6 to care these days. They are an ag8ng demographic and even their kids are going more left. This is why the liberals are killing it these days. Is the newest revelation of what's really go8ng 9n because parents caught a zoom meeting really going to change it? Maybe for a short time and it will slowly encroach.

It's a problem that can't be solved and as soon as yo7 t(ink it is it comes back. I think the right is at an extreme disadvantage at this point.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:52 PM

11,185 posts, read 10,775,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
They've been doing this for awhile. Blame the media for "not getting the message out." Like as if the media is supposed to be beholden to them. CNN is probably realizing that they made a huge mistake promoting Biden and the only way they are going to get viewers is to focus on Trump.
The Democrats do believe that the media is beholden to them. Just as they believe that "compromise" means "give us our way."

Old 09-07-2022, 06:53 PM

3,623 posts, read 1,815,664 times
Seems like the new leadership at CNN just wants to report hard news. They don’t want to be seen as political in any way. Admirable goal but I fear that is impossible. If you just reported hard news without much political commentary it would absolutely come off as conservative. Like most people view local news as conservative. The left doesn’t want people to come up with their own conclusions about the actual news, they want to tell people WHAT to think about the news. If they just reported murders and rapes and international affairs people may start to think the wrong way.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:55 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,431,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The Democrats do believe that the media is beholden to them. Just as they believe that "compromise" means "give us our way."
They literally are the media.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:57 PM

13,635 posts, read 21,459,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Last time the right ruled the roost was probably back in the days of Ralph Reed and the Christian coalition. The dems studied the approach they use which was to ta,e every seat you could at the local level. School boards, water plants, commissioners, school super intendenents etc. knowing nobody cared much.

This was wildly successful and the religious right came to power for a period. This was studied and adapted by the liberal, not sure what to call them. Let's just say extreme left. The thing these days with the right blue collar types is they actually work, aren't as instilled with the righteousness of Jesus and are tired when. They come h9me.

Work at a coal mine and try to campaign or do gig work online. Less physically and time intensive employment is an advantage. Gay people don't have kids typically. None of my neighbors here in West Virginia have much energ6 to care these days. They are an ag8ng demographic and even their kids are going more left. This is why the liberals are killing it these days. Is the newest revelation of what's really go8ng 9n because parents caught a zoom meeting really going to change it? Maybe for a short time and it will slowly encroach.

It's a problem that can't be solved and as soon as yo7 t(ink it is it comes back. I think the right is at an extreme disadvantage at this point.
The more things hit close to home and personally, the more start to care. People more and more are seeing what lack of control they have for their kids in schools, as well as the vaccine mandates, also lack of fuel or high prices of it, and now the tone of Biden's speech that used U.S military as props, the more are saying "whoa something is wrong". That DOESN'T mean those people turn into forever after Republicans or conservative but when enough finally see it and feel it a reckoning comes at hand.

Old 09-07-2022, 07:00 PM

79,054 posts, read 61,211,077 times
I remember when criticizing media bias was called a fascist attack on the free press.

Old 09-07-2022, 07:16 PM

7,900 posts, read 4,181,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
And when Biden has no handlers handy: "If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump then you ain’t black."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media