Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 05:50 PM

4,376 posts, read 1,693,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.oann.com/newsroom/george...adio-stations/

Is the timing of the biggest Lib on Earth buying America's 2nd largest radio company 9 months prior to a national election a coincidence?

I think not. These radical Libs will not go away quietly.

210 radio stations are involved.
Why are you against the freedom of speech?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2024, 07:06 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
the clinton years paved the way for (them) monopolizing big media. the telecom act of 1996 - a death blow to free speech/listening

the ron paul revolution didnt die -- it grew into trump winning 3 presidential elections

Old 02-18-2024, 08:56 PM

16,549 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You ever drive through the heartland of America and listen to the radio? Every single station is either Christian radio or right-wing talk shows. Spare us the outrage.
Ah, but they make money whereas leftist radio does not.
In addition to me listening to conservative radio like Rush, I also use to listen to Air America with liberal or leftist hosts.
The difference is that Air America was bleeding money and went bankrupt twice and was being propped up by wealthy leftist until they realized it was a losing cause.
Today the only national liberal radio is NPR (which is funded in part by we the taxpayers) and they are supposed to be neutral, but clearly are not.

Old 02-19-2024, 05:14 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Why are you against the freedom of speech?
I am for freedom of speech, but against propaganda...there's a difference.

Look how well radical Left propaganda has worked out for the mainstream media...Millions of Americans side with me...they too reject propaganda spewed by the fake news MSM.

Do I need to list all the bankrupcies & other financial failures of the fake news media?

Go woke go broke....ask CNN, or Disney, or network news, or most of America's newspapers & mags...even Sports Illustrated.

Soros will start pumping leftist propaganda through all 200+ radio station, & slowly, listeners & advertisers will leave.

Old 02-19-2024, 05:22 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
the clinton years paved the way for (them) monopolizing big media. the telecom act of 1996 - a death blow to free speech/listening

the ron paul revolution didnt die -- it grew into trump winning 3 presidential elections
This is true. Most do not realize what has happened to radio, the monopolization. It has affected the quality of music too. One reason music truly sucks today.

Old 02-19-2024, 07:13 AM

9,401 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If Soros is the #1 bogeyman for righty, where does that leave Jackson and Sharpton? They have feelings too.
They are what they always were, loudmouthpieces for the CPUSA. Both are low-IQ know-nothings, which also naturally appeals to the low IQ crowd.

Old 02-19-2024, 07:16 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I don't think the OP bothered to educate him/herself about Audacy's radio stations. Most of them are music stations or sports stations. How exactly is Soros, as a 45% owner, supposed to "pump leftist propaganda" in between songs by Toby Keith and Carrie Underwood? Hilarious.
Quote:
Do I need to list all the bankrupcies & other financial failures of the fake news media?
Do you need to be reminded that print journalism has been undergoing a tremendous shift in its business model over the past 20 years? Or that the current landscape in broadcast ownership stems directly from the Telecommunications Act of 1996?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Most do not realize what has happened to radio, the monopolization. It has affected the quality of music too. One reason music truly sucks today.
Music doesn't suck. Commercial radio sucks. All the more reason to support nonprofit radio.

Old 02-19-2024, 08:27 AM

8,608 posts, read 10,137,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I don't think the OP bothered to educate him/herself about Audacy's radio stations. Most of them are music stations or sports stations. How exactly is Soros, as a 45% owner, supposed to "pump leftist propaganda" in between songs by Toby Keith and Carrie Underwood? Hilarious.

Do you need to be reminded that print journalism has been undergoing a tremendous shift in its business model over the past 20 years? Or that the current landscape in broadcast ownership stems directly from the Telecommunications Act of 1996?

Music doesn't suck. Commercial radio sucks. All the more reason to support nonprofit radio.
Wrong. Nowadays, music DOES suck (subjective), commercial radio definitely sucks which is why Audacy filed bankruptcy, and nonprofit radio like NPR is marinated in Leftist propaganda.

Old 02-19-2024, 09:05 AM

577 posts, read 299,783 times
Quote:
https://www.oann.com/newsroom/george...adio-stations/

Is the timing of the biggest Lib on Earth buying America's 2nd largest radio company 9 months prior to a national election a coincidence?

I think not. These radical Libs will not go away quietly.

210 radio stations are involved.
Hey no problem right this is perfectly legit by sorts. If trump did it he would go to prison. Equal justice? Not here

Old 02-19-2024, 09:14 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
I am for freedom of speech, but against propaganda...there's a difference.
What is propaganda? News you don't like?
Quote:
Look how well radical Left propaganda has worked out for the mainstream media...Millions of Americans side with me...they too reject propaganda spewed by the fake news MSM. Go woke go broke....ask CNN, or Disney, or network news, or most of America's newspapers & mags...even Sports Illustrated.
Millions of Americans side with me too. Fake News Media is a term made up by Donald Trump, the king of lies, because MSM dared to call him out. Don the con. The guy who's losing huge lawsuits all over the place and with 91 criminal charges. But you're all in on him, hook line and sinker.
Quote:
Do I need to list all of the lawsuits against your beloved conspiracy theory riddled, right-wing media for their part in the Big Lie? Talk about Fake News.
Quote:

Soros will start pumping leftist propaganda through all 200+ radio station, & slowly, listeners & advertisers will leave.
One can only hope. It would be about time that we got some balance on the airwaves. Balance of opinions are good, although I get that some people prefer living in a one-sided, partisan bubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media