Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 05:36 PM

3,117 posts, read 1,007,936 times

Advertisements

The ancient rishi Patanjali defines yoga as "neutralization of the alternating waves in consciousness."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 08:51 PM

The Noble New

Sing songs that none have sung,
Think thoughts that ne'er in brain have rung,
Walk in paths that none have trod,
Weep tears as none have shed for God,
Give peace to all to whom none other gave,
Claim him your own who's everywhere disclaimed.
Love all with love that none have felt, and brave
The battle of life with strength unchained.

- Paramahansa Yogananda

Old 01-27-2024, 11:20 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divyansh1947 View Post
According to me, meditation is a very helpful asana to provide our minds with a state of peace and help prevent stress. It helps to gain clarity and focus. So everyone has to do it regularly.

"According to me..."

I'm going to meditate on that for a minute.

Old 02-06-2024, 06:03 PM

"When you meditate long...the glory of the Divine shines forth. You realize then that all along there was something tremendous within you, and you did not know it."— Paramahansa Yogananda

Old 02-28-2024, 07:17 PM

I love this. I should post it in the Religion forums but I don't have the energy. Here, I feel, it's more appropriate for sharing, more quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izhliJIZ2ms

Old 03-16-2024, 09:26 PM

This is a very touching scene. It makes me cry, it's a very moving scene. It doesn't have anything to do with meditation but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jle3FoFCpM

Old 03-21-2024, 11:04 AM

"Meditation is the pickax that pries up all the covers of consciousness and brings forth the fountain of God's ever-new joy. Meditation, complete relaxation or conscious withdrawal of the mind from the restless senses, is the only way to know God.
Even though you may be able to do everything else but meditate, you'll never find joy to equal that which comes when the thoughts are silent and your mind is tuned with the peace of God.

If you ask 'How do I know there is such a joy as you describe?', this is my testimony. If you practice meditation every day, deeply and consistently, you'll find that ever-existing, ever-conscious, ever-new-joy ever increasingly manifest within you. And with practice it will stay in you in activity and silence alike, even in sleep.

It is a joy that will constantly guide you to right action in everything and will respond to your prayers. You have to demonstrate that for yourself. And this is my further testimony: that once God's joy has been found, all desires for other gain will dwindle in comparison. Your consciousness will expand.

You'll be able to stand unshaken amidst jarring trials. The whole world will not be able to lure you to forsake the bliss which you will find in meditation. You will enjoy all other things in that divine joy. " - Paramahansa Yogananda

Old 04-17-2024, 06:06 AM

"It is better to meditate a little bit with depth than to meditate longer with the mind running here and there. If you do not make an effort to control the mind it will go on doing as it pleases, no matter how long you sit to meditate. – Paramahansa Yogananda

Old Today, 01:38 PM

I'm going to implement into my schedule a 1/2 day of silence/week. No talking, no writing, no phone-calls, no music, no screens, no texting, no reading. I'll use the silent hours for spending time in nature observing, walking or other forms of exercise, meditation, introspection, contemplation, hobbies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health