Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 07:03 AM

29 posts, read 17,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
OP.... Think about leaving your body to medical science, they can study your brain, as well as your skin. You would be doing a great service to mankind.
I'm against that. You should do that. If that's what you are into, that's your own personal choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2024, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
When we die we have no control over what others may do. Even if you had something legal in place, there is no way to enforce anything unless you had a lawyer on hand at the time of your death, which is unlikely. If it happens in a hospital or hospice, they have laws which would probably supersede any last wishes of someone who dies at their facility, and they would be required to follow those laws.

My advice would be to talk to a therapist/counselor about this, if you have not already.

I used to work in medical, and trust me, they have seen much, much worse than what you describe. I could tell some tales!, but of course I won't because it's a breach of ethics. And to just make this real, you won't care about any of this when you die anyway because you won't be there to care. But again, talk to someone about this. It may take a few tries to find the right fit w/ someone, that's part of the process. What you describe is perfectly normal to feel, and the more you communicate w/ someone about this, the better you will feel.
A therapist or counselor has NOTHING to do with physical conditions. You don't sound skillful or even knowledgeable about what you are talking about.

Old 01-27-2024, 09:38 AM

2,024 posts, read 979,083 times
What an attitude.

Old 01-27-2024, 02:18 PM

8,752 posts, read 5,044,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testingthis View Post
I'm against that. You should do that. If that's what you are into, that's your own personal choice.
My body is nowhere as interesting as yours.

Old 01-27-2024, 02:22 PM

23,261 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
A therapist or counselor has NOTHING to do with physical conditions. You don't sound skillful or even knowledgeable about what you are talking about.
Pot attempting (unsuccessfully) to call the kettle black. Last time I checked, the brain was an integral component of the body. Maybe you need a Bio 101 refresher:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...%20feel%20pain.

What the brain does or does not do can have a direct impact on the body surrounding it. Stress, OCD, anxiety, depression, rage, other psychological issues can all affect the body causing or contributing to physical symptoms. And vice versa. Yes, obviously counselor/therapists work primarily with brains, but that work in turn can in turn affect the body.

There's a cure for ignorance. Not so sure about attitude.

Last edited by Parnassia; 01-27-2024 at 03:33 PM..

Old 01-27-2024, 07:54 PM

17,548 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
I have a medical condition that is chronic. I am worry that when I die due to this condition or some other cause that people will take me to the morgue and undress me. I do not want anyone to remove any clothing from me at all, not my shirt or pants or socks, nothing. I have over 90% of my skin covered with rashes, bumps, scars, dark areas, etc... It's disgusting that even I do not like to look at myself nude. It just makes me depressed thinking about it and even more depressed when I look at it. Is this something I am supposed to include on my will or something? Can a will be done without having to hire a lawyer? Just write a will and sign it and place it in my room or something so when the paramedic idiots will know not to undress me? Is there a better way to do this so it can be already in the system since they won't know about the letter? I just want it to be official whoever takes part of taking my body out of the house or to the hospital or to the morgue when my kidneys fail due to ckd that all idiots involved know not to undress me no matter what the cause of death. My skin condition is only worse now. Every day I get knew bumps without even scratching. I hate this skin. It's ugly. And no, I'm not suicidal. I am just concerned that I don't want anyone to see me nude under any circumstances and if they do they should be sued by parents or siblings or relatives. If the suing part will mean I have to hire a lawyer then take off the suing then. Can all of this be done for free and how?
There is nothing that you have that a Medical Examiner, Coroner or mortician hasnt seen before.

When you're dead, you are dead and no longer have to worry about it

Depending on cause of death, where you die or other state regulations require, there is nothing any lawyer or will can do for you.

Enjoy your life and don't worry about dying

Old 01-27-2024, 09:09 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,972,911 times
Quote:
I think what is trying to be said is this obsession may be rooted in the very forum title you posted in. Since you can not change this and appear to have unhealthy view of the medical field, seeking professional help may be the best option.

Old 01-28-2024, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Pot attempting (unsuccessfully) to call the kettle black. Last time I checked, the brain was an integral component of the body. Maybe you need a Bio 101 refresher:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...%20feel%20pain.

What the brain does or does not do can have a direct impact on the body surrounding it. Stress, OCD, anxiety, depression, rage, other psychological issues can all affect the body causing or contributing to physical symptoms. And vice versa. Yes, obviously counselor/therapists work primarily with brains, but that work in turn can in turn affect the body.

There's a cure for ignorance. Not so sure about attitude.
I don't know if you are trying to tell me to smoke pot to relieve stress or that if I already do but I never smoked and I don't plan to. If this is what you do then good for you. This might explained your brainless advices you keep giving me. You aren't thinking clearly. If stress causes eczema to get worse then there is nothing I can do about that. Having an idiot trying to convince me to be proud or happy or positive about my lichen simplex chronicus condition is like telling a 24/7 caged slave to happy about his life or a victim of a physical fire with her whole face burnt off that she is physically attractive and beautiful and should become a professional model= STUPID. The fact still remains that the skin conditions are still physical conditions. Who the hell would spend hundreds of dollars on a therapist when that money can used to treat the skin conditions? Please don't give advice to people in real life. If they listen to you, they can end up in debt. You remind me of those people who tell other people about getting involved in real estate and finally one of the idiots actually does it then become the land owner then a kid falls and the parents sue him then he loses thousands and possibly millions and you are nowhere to be found because you realize your idea was stupid to start off with.

Last edited by Testingthis; 01-28-2024 at 04:56 AM..

Old 01-28-2024, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
My body is nowhere as interesting as yours.
Interesting is a matter of opinion. You came up with the idea then this is something you have put a lot of thought of doing. I say go for it, man It sounds like you are passionate about it. Good luck when they open your skull and play with your brain like zombies.

Old 01-28-2024, 02:18 PM

17,548 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
I don't care if we come in different sizes. This has nothing to do with my body weight. My weight is normal. I'm not fat. No, it's not in my head. I have been getting bumps every day around my arms and back and then they turn into dark spots eventually. Every freaking day I get new bumps. Sometimes it happens in one area of the body and then somehow it goes to another body part. Just a month ago it was getting all over my chest and and itchy and scratching. I don't know why. It's disgusting.
Sounds like leprosy to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health