Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 03:27 PM

29 posts, read 17,550 times

Advertisements

I have a medical condition that is chronic. I am worry that when I die due to this condition or some other cause that people will take me to the morgue and undress me. I do not want anyone to remove any clothing from me at all, not my shirt or pants or socks, nothing. I have over 90% of my skin covered with rashes, bumps, scars, dark areas, etc... It's disgusting that even I do not like to look at myself nude. It just makes me depressed thinking about it and even more depressed when I look at it. Is this something I am supposed to include on my will or something? Can a will be done without having to hire a lawyer? Just write a will and sign it and place it in my room or something so when the paramedic idiots will know not to undress me? Is there a better way to do this so it can be already in the system since they won't know about the letter? I just want it to be official whoever takes part of taking my body out of the house or to the hospital or to the morgue when my kidneys fail due to ckd that all idiots involved know not to undress me no matter what the cause of death. My skin condition is only worse now. Every day I get knew bumps without even scratching. I hate this skin. It's ugly. And no, I'm not suicidal. I am just concerned that I don't want anyone to see me nude under any circumstances and if they do they should be sued by parents or siblings or relatives. If the suing part will mean I have to hire a lawyer then take off the suing then. Can all of this be done for free and how?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2024, 03:30 PM

15,820 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Yes, I'd talk to a lawyer if you don't have a social network who will respect your final wishes.

Old 01-22-2024, 03:45 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Why do you refer to everyone as an "idiot"? They are just doing their jobs to make a living like anyone else.

Yes, have a lawyer create a will for you. Make copies of the page that discusses your wishes immediately after death and plaster the copies all over your house. Also, make sure to have at least 5 copies on you at all times, even in the shower.

Old 01-22-2024, 03:51 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
We come in all shapes and sizes OP and if you are deceased does it really matter what happens?

If you are as bad off as you claim how do you go about your day? Do people stare or make comments about your skin? I suspect that most of this is in your head and you should stop worrying about it.

I have a relative that has had really bad psoriasis for the lat 40 years and he doesn't let it get in his way. His skin looks terrible when he goes to the beach but the saltwater is good for his skin so in he goes. He gave up caring what others think long ago.

I think your question would be better answered in a different forum.

Old 01-22-2024, 04:08 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
If you're dead, then why would you care?

Old 01-22-2024, 04:14 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Based on the posting history, I wouldn't presume this is a real post. But if it is, it doesn't belong here.

Old 01-22-2024, 04:25 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Based on the posting history, I wouldn't presume this is a real post. But if it is, it doesn't belong here.
Well, this must be a real issue because others have had the exact.same.thing! Go figure!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ment...ow-i-look.html

Old 01-22-2024, 04:33 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testingthis View Post
I have a medical condition that is chronic. I am worry that when I die due to this condition or some other cause that people will take me to the morgue and undress me. I do not want anyone to remove any clothing from me at all, not my shirt or pants or socks, nothing. I have over 90% of my skin covered with rashes, bumps, scars, dark areas, etc... It's disgusting that even I do not like to look at myself nude. It just makes me depressed thinking about it and even more depressed when I look at it. Is this something I am supposed to include on my will or something? Can a will be done without having to hire a lawyer? Just write a will and sign it and place it in my room or something so when the paramedic idiots will know not to undress me? Is there a better way to do this so it can be already in the system since they won't know about the letter? I just want it to be official whoever takes part of taking my body out of the house or to the hospital or to the morgue when my kidneys fail due to ckd that all idiots involved know not to undress me no matter what the cause of death. My skin condition is only worse now. Every day I get knew bumps without even scratching. I hate this skin. It's ugly. And no, I'm not suicidal. I am just concerned that I don't want anyone to see me nude under any circumstances and if they do they should be sued by parents or siblings or relatives. If the suing part will mean I have to hire a lawyer then take off the suing then. Can all of this be done for free and how?
Put it in your will. Talk with your funeral parlor. There is no reason to not comply with your wishes, unless you die under suspicious circumstances and your body has to be examined by the coroner.

Old 01-22-2024, 05:51 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
You may not have a choice!

Depending on the circumstances of your death, there could be a statutory requirement to perform an autopsy. In such a case, no will is going to stop them from removing your cloths and opening you up.

Old 01-23-2024, 12:37 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
In answer to the op's concerns, I offer this.
People involved in dealing with dead and injured people see destruction of the human body every day.
It is nothing new to them, so your concerns regarding people having to look at your body with all it's afflictions, are unfounded.

Obviously this is a real concern for you on a personal level, but when you are dead, it will no longer matter that people will see your body may not be in the best of shape.
Trust me, they won't care.

With only 12 post to your credit, you are new to this web site, so information I, as well as others, offer you may seem not what you want to hear.
Many of us here have commented about all kind of things on this web site.
We try and offer good sound advice, and it is my hope in this post that you will consider what I have to say here.

I have studied death and the after life for many years now, and believe me when I say this, your body, once you are dead, has absolutely no meaning what so ever.
It will mean nothing to those who survive you in this life, and as I just said, nothing in the after life.

Look at it this way, to the soul with in each of us, we humans are nothing but a tool for the advancement of the soul.
To a soul, our body is nothing more than a encasement for life, as the soul gorges itself with knowledge.
When the soul feels the body has provided all it's needs, we die, and the soul lives on.
The body is discarded, for it is no longer needed by the soul.
Much like you would discard a coat that kept you warm during the winter.
We no longer need it when the warmth of spring arrives, so we take it of and discard it.
Your body is only important to you now in the present, but your concerns as to no one looking at it are somewhat naïve.
Trust me, no one will care what your body looks like.

I think you have this feeling that those attending to your dead body are going to make fun and joke about what they see on your body.
That is not going to happen, and even if it did, you couldn't care because your soul was thrilled at finally being free of it's encasement as it will be with all souls.
The affliction of your body are there for a purpose.
They are a test of your soul, just as all health issues of the human body are a test to all souls.
Just don't be so concerned and paranoid about the condition of your body, for it really doesn't matter.
It matters to you presently, but that should not rule your thoughts in this life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health