Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 11:46 PM

5 posts, read 1,307 times

Advertisements

My older sister's husband is my forbidden and unrequited love. I've always had a crush on him since the day I (then 12 years old) laid my eyes on him. He's handsome in every single way, both physically and in personality. They met during their HS years. They were 15 year-olds at the time. Before they started dating, I tried getting him in a couple conversations but to him, I was a kid and had no interest in me. It was too late when they started dating. I've kept my first journal dated back from the day I first met him.

14 Years Later
They've been married for 8 years, have a 5 year-old daughter and are now expecting twin boys. Even so, my love for him never waned. He's still the most decent, handsome guy I've ever met, just older but the same. Sadly I have to forget him. In my fantasies and private journals, it isn't just sexual fantasies (I was 14 the first time I had a sex dream about him) but the life I've imagined I would've had with him. Can this be normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Are YOU married?

Old Yesterday, 06:14 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,384,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdreamer View Post
My older sister's husband is my forbidden and unrequited love. I've always had a crush on him since the day I (then 12 years old) laid my eyes on him. He's handsome in every single way, both physically and in personality. They met during their HS years. They were 15 year-olds at the time. Before they started dating, I tried getting him in a couple conversations but to him, I was a kid and had no interest in me. It was too late when they started dating. I've kept my first journal dated back from the day I first met him.

14 Years Later
They've been married for 8 years, have a 5 year-old daughter and are now expecting twin boys. Even so, my love for him never waned. He's still the most decent, handsome guy I've ever met, just older but the same. Sadly I have to forget him. In my fantasies and private journals, it isn't just sexual fantasies (I was 14 the first time I had a sex dream about him) but the life I've imagined I would've had with him. Can this be normal?
No.

Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM

2,024 posts, read 979,083 times
Not normal. Except for a penthouse letter.

Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM

No, I'm not married nor in a relationship.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,716,018 times
Not normal. You need to work on finding your own partner so you can erase these unhealthy feelings.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdreamer View Post
No, I'm not married nor in a relationship.
If your fantasy "love" for a married man is keeping you from relationships of your own... that is not normal.

Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM

7,004 posts, read 4,811,992 times
Shouldn’t this be under Relationships?
And why are these types of posts always Post #1?

OP, no, not normal. You need to move on, stop thinking about this guy.

Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Not normal. Except for a penthouse letter.
And Harlequin books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
If your fantasy "love" for a married man is keeping you from relationships of your own... that is not normal.
^^^ This. That's why l asked.

Old Yesterday, 07:09 AM

The reason this wasn't placed under relationships is because I'm not in a relationship and no one is having issues besides me with my fastasy.

I must say there was a very brief hiatus, where he wasn't in my thoughts. I had two past bfs but it never led to marriage. One wasted my time and ended up admitting he never wanted marriage and thought it was a piece of paper, lying about wanting it just to get me as his gf. The other bf ended up cheating. It has to be some jealousy towards my sister. She has what I want; a loving husband, stability happiness and kids.

Last edited by lostdreamer; Yesterday at 07:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health