Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 05:23 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
And to think you had an actual argument. Yeah, he all but broke NATO apart. We still can't trust Turkey. About the M1's yeah I think this is a problem. I wish the administration would give them ATACMs too. Still in spite of the lack of actual US military hardware the Ukrainians are kicking the you know what out of the Russians. It might be slow and it is going to go at the pace they feel they can sustain. But to this day not all of Ukrainian forces are engaged in this. There are a few more tricks these people are going to use on Russia. I stand by Ukraine and the fight for freedom.

Oh and I just noticed the F16's comment, yeah but they will get those from the Dane's They have already agreed to the transfer and are awaiting the training being conducted to the few that are heading to Ukraine.
Ignored the question on why Biden has and continues to delay weapons that could have won a year ago but still is holding back. Why? Trying to even the odds is Biden? So the F16’s don’t even have their pilot training plans solidified yet; that’s how slow the effort to give Ukraine much needed weaponry.

If you think Trump broke NATO more than Biden’s abrupt surrender of Afghanistan, we have some bridges for sale in Brooklyn. Remember Biden is skipping this year’s 9-11 memorial (2023) to take another vacation. That’s the Biden that cares about DOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2023, 06:09 PM

6,594 posts, read 7,087,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Ignored the question on why Biden has and continues to delay weapons that could have won a year ago but still is holding back. Why? Trying to even the odds is Biden? So the F16’s don’t even have their pilot training plans solidified yet; that’s how slow the effort to give Ukraine much needed weaponry.

If you think Trump broke NATO more than Biden’s abrupt surrender of Afghanistan, we have some bridges for sale in Brooklyn. Remember Biden is skipping this year’s 9-11 memorial (2023) to take another vacation. That’s the Biden that cares about DOD.
No I didn't, I addressed it and said I disaprove of it. As for America's longest war, I am sorry that those thirteen soldiers lost their lives. It was an awful situation and one that the Taliban had full control over. Please try to put blame where it belongs. I for one am glad we are no longer in a country that so obviously didn't want the help. Ukraine looks like a better choice in my estimation. It also is directly affecting one of our biggest military enemies and it only costing us some money, some patriot missles, some artilery shells, and even some very keenly effective ones that deploy mines. I think we should be sending ATACMs if you forgot to read that and I also said that I thought we should get them F16s but I do not lead the nation and I am trusting that the people around the president of the United States are providing him good counsel. So I expect the Danish F16 to arrive in Ukraine in a few months. Germans are now sending them Leopard 1 tanks which they have hundreds of. These are fairly new since they were replaced in 2000. Anything western in build is by obvious nature better than anything the Russians are fielding. So if you ask me I find that Biden has handled this fairly effectively. We have been able to keep the Russians from pushing the nuclear button and hamstrung their economy in so many ways. There are rumors that Putin is sick in bed. There are reports that Ukraine is now destroying military targets in Russia. So until you become president I think I will leave it to the guy doing the damn job now.

Old 09-04-2023, 11:44 AM

6,103 posts, read 3,338,430 times
Quote:

F-16s aren’t going to win the war for Ukraine. I think they will end up being a PR win for Russia as soon as the first F-16 is shot down.

Eastern Ukraine is gone, it now belongs to Russia, and that will be permanent. The only question is how far west Russia goes.

Russia does not want western Ukraine, but they do want them to be neutral, with a best case scenario of having a puppet reinstalled there like it was pre-2014.

I’ve said it from day one, we should not be involved in a border dispute such as this one. I think we’ve wasted 100 billion dollars, although the donor class has made a ton of tax payer money by selling weapons to the US so they can give it to Ukraine for free. Not only that, but there will be a ton of money made on armament replenishment over the next decade, too.

Old 09-04-2023, 12:49 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,447,422 times
Quote:
First off, let's set the facts straight. Russia invaded Ukraine after being warned not to. This has happened nearly 2 years ago and that war was supposed to be a quick operation. To date Ukrainians are those fighting and dying for their country, not Americans. Those Americans that are on the ground are on their own and are generally involved in rescue or training.

Next this war that you call Biden's war seems to be between Ukraine and Russia. It also seems to be going agains the Russians. So will you please stop trying to carry water for the former president of the US of A.
Good grief you're ignorant.

Obama green-lighted the 2014 invasion. Remember when he told the Russian PM "Tell Vlad I'll have more flexibility after the election..."?

This a nonsensical proxy war the U.S. and Brits want Ukraine to fight againat Russia.

This won't end well, Ukraine's military is collapsing, Russia has mobilized, and Winter is coming.

Old 09-04-2023, 12:52 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,447,422 times
Quote:
No I didn't, I addressed it and said I disaprove of it. As for America's longest war, I am sorry that those thirteen soldiers lost their lives. It was an awful situation and one that the Taliban had full control over. Please try to put blame where it belongs. I for one am glad we are no longer in a country that so obviously didn't want the help. Ukraine looks like a better choice in my estimation. It also is directly affecting one of our biggest military enemies and it only costing us some money, some patriot missles, some artilery shells, and even some very keenly effective ones that deploy mines. I think we should be sending ATACMs if you forgot to read that and I also said that I thought we should get them F16s but I do not lead the nation and I am trusting that the people around the president of the United States are providing him good counsel. So I expect the Danish F16 to arrive in Ukraine in a few months. Germans are now sending them Leopard 1 tanks which they have hundreds of. These are fairly new since they were replaced in 2000. Anything western in build is by obvious nature better than anything the Russians are fielding. So if you ask me I find that Biden has handled this fairly effectively. We have been able to keep the Russians from pushing the nuclear button and hamstrung their economy in so many ways. There are rumors that Putin is sick in bed. There are reports that Ukraine is now destroying military targets in Russia. So until you become president I think I will leave it to the guy doing the damn job now.
Everything you put in this post goes against recent events.

Citizens of multiple western countries are against involvement in this neocon disaster in Ukraine.

Old 09-04-2023, 12:54 PM

439 posts, read 200,572 times
Quote:
Remember Biden is skipping this year’s 9-11 memorial (2023) to take another vacation. That’s the Biden that cares about DOD.
fyi….

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden will observe next month’s 22nd anniversary of the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil at an Alaska military base with service members and their families, the White House announced.

Biden will not participate in any of the observances at 9/11 memorial sites in New York City, Virginia or Pennsylvania. Instead, the president will stop in Alaska for a Sept. 11 observance at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage on his way back to Washington after a trip to Asia.

Vice President Kamala Harris and her husband, Doug Emhoff, will participate in the annual observance at the National September 11 Memorial and Museum in lower Manhattan.

First lady Jill Biden will lay a wreath at the 9/11 memorial at the Pentagon.

Old 09-04-2023, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
Everything you put in this post goes against recent events.

Citizens of multiple western countries are against involvement in this neocon disaster in Ukraine.
Quote:

Obama green-lighted the 2014 invasion. Remember when he told the Russian PM "Tell Vlad I'll have more flexibility after the election..."?

This a nonsensical proxy war the U.S. and Brits want Ukraine to fight againat Russia.

This won't end well, Ukraine's military is collapsing, Russia has mobilized, and Winter is coming.
Obama was a very long time ago. Russia invaded after he saw the election of Joe Biden as a sign of weakness. Today Ukraine is kicking the ever loving bejesus out of them The Russians are hemmoraging pilots who are defecting with their equipment. The conscripts that they have been pushing in to the meat grinder that is called war are getting punished and when and if they make it home those stories are being told.

Trump greenlighted this when he tried to get dirt on his percieved political opponent. So just go back to having your face in front of Faux News and try to not be shocked when Russia capitulates everything to include the entire Donbas region and Crimea.

Old 09-04-2023, 02:54 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MendoMan View Post
fyi….
This is a change for Biden’s schedule. The July and early August articles had him staying at the G20 summit.

https://www.reuters.com/world/biden-...es-2023-07-28/

NOW. The schedule has shifted and the only possible option is to quick zip up to an Alaska while his wife handles the ceremonies back home.

First president to not memorialize in any of the 3 locations; NYC, DC, or PA. We can’t wait for Biden’s next press conference where he can take questions on Ukraine.

Old 09-04-2023, 04:40 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
I wonder about the hardship Americans experience in Estonia, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania or Slovakia. Not to mention other peaceful, scenic countries with great climate and tasty food.
What are they doing there? What hardship? Communication? Separation from family? There is no hazard or dangerous life. I am pretty sure most enjoy their time there.

And $50-$100 extra a month isn't really a sum worth mentioning.

Back to Ukraine - it was not expanded, it was reduced. From $150 to $100 a month.

Old 09-05-2023, 04:50 AM

Quote:

Are you sure about your facts? I seriously doubt you even are reading or watching real news. Sounds to me like you're a Fox News viewer. Today as we are speaking here, Putin and Kim Jung Un are going to meet to discuss military stuff. Russia is looking for missiles and artillary. Kim is looking for nuclear secrets and technology. This is a pathetic game Russia is playing. What once was an important country is now getting their butts handed to them by a Ukraine military with a mix of military equipment. They are so effective that the Russians have no counter to them. As I said earlier, when this is all said and done, Ukraine will have all of its territory back. The Donbas and Crimea will once again be part of Ukraine.

So ignorant is something you might look at the mirror for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues