Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 05:39 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Are you sure about your facts? I seriously doubt you even are reading or watching real news. Sounds to me like you're a Fox News viewer. Today as we are speaking here, Putin and Kim Jung Un are going to meet to discuss military stuff. Russia is looking for missiles and artillary. Kim is looking for nuclear secrets and technology. This is a pathetic game Russia is playing. What once was an important country is now getting their butts handed to them by a Ukraine military with a mix of military equipment. They are so effective that the Russians have no counter to them. As I said earlier, when this is all said and done, Ukraine will have all of its territory back. The Donbas and Crimea will once again be part of Ukraine.

So ignorant is something you might look at the mirror for.
There is a difference between supporting Ukraine and recognizing the progress that Ukraine is or isn’t having in the summer counteroffensive. Do not think anybody on here is pro Russia. Ukraine is making some inroads on terrorizing Russians with deep drone attacks but the ground regained is going slower than expected. Your confidence in Ukraine regaining all land to include Crimea would imply the U.S. has already given every weapon system needed to Ukrainian, and fully trained Ukrainians with endless resources.

The part missed is that weapon systems are modular and a system-of-systems. Stand alone Strykers or F16s won’t be effective. Without a secure airfield, AWACS and supporting radar, a single F16 will be lucky to return to base, if the airfield wasn’t attacked upon takeoff. A Stryker requires lots of maintenance and the suspension systems need a log tail, which Ukraine has to develop. Recovery of Strykers, hauling back to maintenance, experienced mechanics, all present challenges. Experience cannot be trained; if it was, we’d have Privates operating as senior NCOs.

Where is this source of “real news” you mentioned in your post? Please share if it’s on uncensored Rumble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 11:48 AM

6,594 posts, read 7,087,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
There is a difference between supporting Ukraine and recognizing the progress that Ukraine is or isn’t having in the summer counteroffensive. Do not think anybody on here is pro Russia. Ukraine is making some inroads on terrorizing Russians with deep drone attacks but the ground regained is going slower than expected. Your confidence in Ukraine regaining all land to include Crimea would imply the U.S. has already given every weapon system needed to Ukrainian, and fully trained Ukrainians with endless resources.

The part missed is that weapon systems are modular and a system-of-systems. Stand alone Strykers or F16s won’t be effective. Without a secure airfield, AWACS and supporting radar, a single F16 will be lucky to return to base, if the airfield wasn’t attacked upon takeoff. A Stryker requires lots of maintenance and the suspension systems need a log tail, which Ukraine has to develop. Recovery of Strykers, hauling back to maintenance, experienced mechanics, all present challenges. Experience cannot be trained; if it was, we’d have Privates operating as senior NCOs.

Where is this source of “real news” you mentioned in your post? Please share if it’s on uncensored Rumble.
Well for the first point on support of Russia, it sure is fooling me that there aren't some Putin sympathizers here because of their affinity to the former president. Just how they are seeming to want to pass the buck to anyone other than my favorite grifter.

Second I would say almost any other source of news that from Fox News. My evidence is $780,000,000.00 to Dominion for knowingly lying about voting machines. They all behind the scenes admitted it was all bull **** yet they were so stuck with a narrative that their viewers wanted to hear. Anything other than the BS they were selling meant the loss of viewer share to places like Newsmax and OANN.

I completely agree with your assessment of the effectiveness of F16's initially. Even the Strykers and all the military hardware we can supply them will only be as effective as their ability to employ them and their capacity to sustain the personnel losses. It is why they have been holding back and going in baby steps. If they had longer range strike capability could help but until they have major breaches through the mine fields. The one piece I will point to is they are allowing NCO and Officers to do their jobs. It appears they are thinking through the puzzle that is sustaining the Russians.

Old 09-05-2023, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Well for the first point on support of Russia, it sure is fooling me that there aren't some Putin sympathizers here because of their affinity to the former president. Just how they are seeming to want to pass the buck to anyone other than my favorite grifter.

Second I would say almost any other source of news that from Fox News. My evidence is $780,000,000.00 to Dominion for knowingly lying about voting machines. They all behind the scenes admitted it was all bull **** yet they were so stuck with a narrative that their viewers wanted to hear. Anything other than the BS they were selling meant the loss of viewer share to places like Newsmax and OANN.

I completely agree with your assessment of the effectiveness of F16's initially. Even the Strykers and all the military hardware we can supply them will only be as effective as their ability to employ them and their capacity to sustain the personnel losses. It is why they have been holding back and going in baby steps. If they had longer range strike capability could help but until they have major breaches through the mine fields. The one piece I will point to is they are allowing NCO and Officers to do their jobs. It appears they are thinking through the puzzle that is sustaining the Russians.
Predictable for your first two paragraphs. Somehow think Trump was a better president than Biden equates to being pro Russian. A little bit too much generalization.

But wow on that last paragraph. So the U.S. is controlling the battlefield by not providing certain weapons at certain times? And this is being orchestrated by whom?

Speechless.

Old 09-05-2023, 02:58 PM

6,594 posts, read 7,087,216 times
Quote:
Predictable for your first two paragraphs. Somehow think Trump was a better president than Biden equates to being pro Russian. A little bit too much generalization.

But wow on that last paragraph. So the U.S. is controlling the battlefield by not providing certain weapons at certain times? And this is being orchestrated by whom?

Speechless.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/28/polit...art/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017...ssia-timeline/
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...asion-00010923
https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald...ng-hussein-kim
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...putin-1037913/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjJBefvdwg

Do I need to do more? For the love of country please stop believing the former president was a good guy. He was not!

Old 09-06-2023, 06:28 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
I only did 22 years in the Army, so maybe I don’t know much, but local security is the responsibility of the company commander, supervised by the battalion commander and, possibly, a micromanaging brigade commander. But nope, in this world where every single thing is politicized, apparently the CinC is responsible for local security.

Old 09-07-2023, 06:54 PM

1,651 posts, read 866,010 times
I wondering if they are testing the limits trying to see if they can soften us up to the idea of U.S. troops in Ukraine, or testing Russian resolve on its red lines. Amazing how we left Afghanistan after 20 years only to immediately find ourselves in another conflict.

Old 09-07-2023, 08:36 PM

634 posts, read 327,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I only did 22 years in the Army, so maybe I don’t know much, but local security is the responsibility of the company commander, supervised by the battalion commander and, possibly, a micromanaging brigade commander. But nope, in this world where every single thing is politicized, apparently the CinC is responsible for local security.
With all of security stuff he is personally involved with, it makes one wonder how he has any time in the day to press the big red button on his desk that says "Increase Gas Prices."

Old 09-07-2023, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
I wondering if they are testing the limits trying to see if they can soften us up to the idea of U.S. troops in Ukraine, or testing Russian resolve on its red lines. Amazing how we left Afghanistan after 20 years only to immediately find ourselves in another conflict.
Who is they? The deep state?

Old 09-08-2023, 01:26 AM

6,101 posts, read 3,338,430 times
Quote:
Who is they? The deep state?
I think he means Permanent Washington, which is controlled by the plutocracy, or the 1%, or whatever name you want to call them. Whatever you call it, it’s the ruling class (or donor class) whose power derives from their wealth.

The term “deep state” has been turned into an absurd caricature, meant to demean the people who use the label, but that doesn’t mean that the concept behind it isn’t real.

I firmly believe that the Biden administration is controlled by the plutocracy, and the reason they hate Trump is that he has a tendency to go off script and do things that Permanent Washington and the ruling class do not like.

I also firmly believe that Permanent Washington and the ruling class goaded Russia into invading, wanted it to happen, and they might be interested in expanding the war, to include US boots on the ground in Ukraine.

For whatever reason, they are being cautious about that decision for the time being.

But that doesn’t change the fact that hundreds of thousands are dead because of poor leadership in Wash DC. That poor leadership is by design, and they do not care at all about common folks around the globe. Permanent Washington has been co-opted and now only exists to maintain the wealth and power of the donor class.

Old 09-08-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I think he means Permanent Washington, which is controlled by the plutocracy, or the 1%, or whatever name you want to call them. Whatever you call it, it’s the ruling class (or donor class) whose power derives from their wealth.

The term “deep state” has been turned into an absurd caricature, meant to demean the people who use the label, but that doesn’t mean that the concept behind it isn’t real.

I firmly believe that the Biden administration is controlled by the plutocracy, and the reason they hate Trump is that he has a tendency to go off script and do things that Permanent Washington and the ruling class do not like.

I also firmly believe that Permanent Washington and the ruling class goaded Russia into invading, wanted it to happen, and they might be interested in expanding the war, to include US boots on the ground in Ukraine.

For whatever reason, they are being cautious about that decision for the time being.

But that doesn’t change the fact that hundreds of thousands are dead because of poor leadership in Wash DC. That poor leadership is by design, and they do not care at all about common folks around the globe. Permanent Washington has been co-opted and now only exists to maintain the wealth and power of the donor class.
Being “cautious about the decision….” is the most concerning. Oldsoldier1984 said the deliberate slow roll on the types of weapons given to Ukraine over the past 18 months, is orchestrated to achieve results that were undefined.

If we found out our allies slow-rolled their weapons systems thus causing more death, we would be ballistic. That’s barbaric. Inhumane. The U.S. has spent the last 18 months wasting time by not giving real weapons systems so it’s assumed the war support is a joke, political, money wasted, ineffective.

No good reasons (is there any?) have been provided on this thread for why the U.S. is withholding the real weapons. Call them deep state, globalists, warhawks, old school democrats, whatever makes them feel good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues