Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewickman View Post
Do you remember Mattel toy company and I think Hasbro used to shop for kids to be in their commercials there? I had some friends who were in the snoopy snow cone machine and the Barbie make up head commercials. The snoopy snow cone machine was filmed in the neighborhood, I remember seeing that commercial back in the U.S after we returned just wishing I could go back and play in the neighborhood again.

Hasbro filmed a Snoopy commercial at my house (7-A) ~ it tossed a ball to the kid. I was in their commercial for Bop-Bop-N-Rebop ~ I'm sure they were kind to me, as they wanted to use my house. I lived in Royal Oaks from 1975 to 1979, 2nd through 5th grades. We lived in 30-C for the 1st three years. I am so excited to have found this link! I had Mrs. Farias, Mr. Snyder, Ms. Reyes (had a mad crush on my dad's boss), and Mr. Vejar ~ my favorite teacher, ever. I have an older brother, David, and a baby brother at that time, Steven. My maiden name is Krista Johnson.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-26-2012 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: fixed quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 4,714 times
Default Royal Oaks, Madrid

I lived in Madrid (suicide Lane) Arturo Sorio for three years and then Royal Oaks for 2 years from 1968-1972. I have too many fond memories of Spain to relate here. I have just made contact via facebook Spanish friends with whom I was very close the entire time in Madrid. Will write more later.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:41 AM

9 posts, read 27,129 times
Are any of you aware of the Royal Oaks Elementary School- Madrid, Spain group on Facebook? There are a lot of us who fondly remember childhood living in Royal Oaks. There are lots of pictures too!

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 12-20-2012 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Fix fonts

Old 12-24-2012, 09:58 AM

122 posts, read 372,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hardy View Post
Are any of you aware of the Royal Oaks Elementary School- Madrid, Spain group on Facebook? There are a lot of us who fondly remember childhood living in Royal Oaks. There are lots of pictures too!
I closed my Facebook account.
There is also a yahoo group. I have seen you (Chris) post there. Not as much activity but many posts of memories and pictures too.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,669 times
Default Spain, Torrejon 1969-1972

12-25-2012: Merry Christmas! I only just today discovered this site, and it struck home because as Navy officer I was stationed with the Navy Section of JUSMG/MAAG, Spain located in the Spanish Air Ministry building in central Madrid, 1969-1972. My 3 daughters (Robin, Jerrie Marie, and Desan .... Sterner) all attended school at Torrejon. Living in an individual house on Matias Turrion street on the east side of Madrid we never did move to Royal Oaks, but I especially remember going there for trick-or-treat nights. In case you know us, I am known as ngsim69 at yahoo and you can probably figure out what means. I just now spoke with daughter Robin and she told me she still is in contact with a Torrejon school group that gets together every couple of years. I don't know how this site works. I mean I don't know if it tells me of any contacts or if I have to search to see if any are posted. I am surprised how many of the postings are of nearly the same time frame as mine. They are all interesting to read although unlike myself, so many yearn to return there. I do regret never getting to the Prado Museum, too wrapped up in daily existence I guess. My best recollections of that tour involved travel elsewhere like Italy, England, and even Morocco. My best wishes to all who read this, Norman.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:41 AM

9 posts, read 27,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksa09 View Post
I closed my Facebook account.
There is also a yahoo group. I have seen you (Chris) post there. Not as much activity but many posts of memories and pictures too.
I agree with you.The Roaks yahoo group has very little activity, Most everyone has moved to the Facebook sites: Royal Oaks Elementary School - Madrid, Spain AND Torrejon AFB, Spain (more for older people who were stationed at the Base, most of them didn't live in Royal Oaks). Too bad you left Facebook, I mainly use it to visit Royal Oaks....

Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 AM

1 posts, read 4,590 times
Wow, it's been awhile since you posted about Royal Oaks, so I hope to still make contact with you...I was there from 1966 to 1969, and we lived in 194-B. I hung out with Heidi Jablonski, Sheridan Watson, Dena Bowles, and Pam Richardson; we all went sewer hopping daily! How funny to have read that you did the same thing. My brother, Stan, sold pies. The only teacher I remember is Mr. Lyons, in the 5th grade, who taught our class to speak some Japanese because he had lived in Japan. My family hung out at the baseball fields ALOT, as well as the swimming pool. Those 3 years gave me the most vivid and wonderful memories of my childhood!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,545 times
I remember Royal Oaks and el continente...used to love going shopping there! they even had mcdonalds which was great. I loved there from 1988-1992 when the base closed. Does anybody remember La Casa De costillas?...the best ribs and salad ever!. My daughter was born there. there used to be a man that sold painting to us "the painter man" we called him...his daughter had his first grand baby...a girl...named marissa...I loved it so very much that is what I named my daughter. Is there anybody else that was there at the time we were? would love to hear from you

Old 02-13-2013, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 9,075 times
For those of you on Facebook, a newly created page for Torrejon/Madrid High School is awaiting you. Sorry to hear about those that closed out their accounts. I think you will like the atmosphere in this group though. Give it some thought. Saludos....

Tony
"84"

Old 02-13-2013, 08:56 AM

2 posts, read 9,075 times
I guess the link would be helpful too...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MadridSpainTorrejonKnights/

Tony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues