Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:28 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,157,617 times

Advertisements

Fleeter: fleet Navy sailor

Anyone who is the Navy , but isn't a SeaBee or a Marines.
Or, as we would say to a young newbie SeaBee, "quit your griping you sound like a fleeter".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 04:09 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,471,777 times
REMF - Rear Echelon M F'er

Snake eater - Specail Forces

John Wayne Academy - Ranger School

ROAD - Retired on Active Duty

Crunchies - Tankers Term for Infantry because they crunch when you run them over

Legs - Airborne term for all non airborne troops

Butter Bars - 2LT's

Top Kick - First Sgt.

Cannon Cockers, Redlegs - Artillerymen

"Smoke" - Ranking enlisted man - usually E-7 - who ran the gunline in an artillery battery

Gun bunnies - Cannoneers

Fisters - Artillery Forward Observers

Fido - Fire Direction Officer. The officers responsible for the team that calculates the firing information for the cannoneers

Echelons above God - refers to folks who work in jobs above corp level.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:05 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,988,450 times
Office hours = Marine slang for a military discipline procedure.

John Wayne = A now obsolete term for the tough little can opener that was used to open ration cans. Also known as a P-38.

MARINE = My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment.

Ma Deuce = The M2 HMG, .50cal heavy machine gun

Ham & Motherf***ers = This one probably isn't in use anymore. It once referred to a can of food from the MCI (Meal, Combat, Individual) selection, ham and lima beans. Unlike many others, I liked the stuff.

Pig = Another one that's probably obsolete. Refers to the United States Machine Gun, Caliber 7.62 mm, M60.

TDY = temporary duty.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
REMF - Rear Echelon M F'er

Snake eater - Specail Forces

John Wayne Academy - Ranger School

ROAD - Retired on Active Duty

Crunchies - Tankers Term for Infantry because they crunch when you run them over

Legs - Airborne term for all non airborne troops

Butter Bars - 2LT's

Top Kick - First Sgt.

Cannon Cockers, Redlegs - Artillerymen

"Smoke" - Ranking enlisted man - usually E-7 - who ran the gunline in an artillery battery

Gun bunnies - Cannoneers

Fisters - Artillery Forward Observers

Fido - Fire Direction Officer. The officers responsible for the team that calculates the firing information for the cannoneers

Echelons above God - refers to folks who work in jobs above corp level.
Sounds like someone was a fellow RedLeg / GunBunnie / Connon cocker

FIDO: "F" It Drive On.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,550,712 times
Wing King- The commanding officer of a USAF wing.

Snoopy- Tool used on the flightine by maintainers to open/secure aircraft panels; shape of the tool resembles the Peanuts character in silhoutte

Old 03-13-2010, 09:06 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,564,816 times
On my ship, there were two types of snipes. Fresh-air snipe and pit-snipe. I was a pit snipe, a machinist mate who works in the engine/fire room. Fresh-air snipes were machinist mates who work outside the engine/fire room. They were called that because they spent more time in the fresh air.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:38 AM

329 posts, read 1,048,262 times
POG (Person Other than Grunt): pronounced like rogue, anybody in the military not a grunt/trigger-puller

Donkey-dick: could literally be anything, really. a toothbrush, sometimes. a dumbass.

Chairborne (as in, I'm a Chairborne Ranger): The Rangers doing secretary duty, like Grimes in Black Hawk Down.

ARMY: Airforce Rejected Me Yesterday

NAVY: Need Any Vaseline Yet?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:46 AM

329 posts, read 1,048,262 times
oh damn, how can i forget this one:

BCGs (birth-control goggles): the glasses you are issued at training camp...the lenses are thick as ****, make you look like steve urkel, and ensure your ass ain't getting laid while wearing them...hence...birth control goggles.

i have a small(ish) face. looked like a goddang martian, especially when i had warpaint (camo) on.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsonCrusoe View Post
POG (Person Other than Grunt): pronounced like rogue, anybody in the military not a grunt/trigger-puller

Donkey-dick: could literally be anything, really. a toothbrush, sometimes. a dumb-ars.

Chairborne (as in, I'm a Chairborne Ranger): The Rangers doing secretary duty, like Grimes in Black Hawk Down.

ARMY: Airforce Rejected Me Yesterday

Or: Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet U.S. Army, or if you say it backwards, Your Momma Really Ain't So Ugly

NAVY: Need Any Vaseline Yet?
Or: Never Again Volunteer Yourself

Marines: My Ars Rides In Navy Equipments Sir.

Cherry or Newbie: a young recruit just out of basic and boot.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,358,034 times
HIV: in the USCG it isn't a disease, it is a High Interest Vessel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues