Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,708,234 times

Advertisements

Awesome pictures of Montana Everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 6,260 times
Default Mountains

If you were in the mountain how much love is that
great mountain life

Old 11-26-2008, 08:13 PM

73 posts, read 203,623 times
Hey Lorrie,I see we have the same last name.Do you have any family here in Kentucky?

Old 12-13-2008, 02:53 PM

38 posts, read 151,248 times
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures...

Old 12-13-2008, 03:33 PM

8,094 posts, read 15,184,901 times
Speaking of photos, can someone tell me what's with this??
ftp://ftp.mdt.mt.gov/download/6594_pablo_ped01_r.jpg (broken link)
(warning -- 5 mb image)
(Round sign in the middle looks like it says Salish-Kootenai something.)
Looks like an awful lot of taxpayer dollars to cross four lanes of light traffic!

Old 12-13-2008, 04:08 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,817,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Speaking of photos, can someone tell me what's with this??
ftp://ftp.mdt.mt.gov/download/6594_pablo_ped01_r.jpg (broken link)
(warning -- 5 mb image)
(Round sign in the middle looks like it says Salish-Kootenai something.)
Looks like an awful lot of taxpayer dollars to cross four lanes of light traffic!
thats the Salish-Kootenai College

Old 12-13-2008, 11:58 PM

8,094 posts, read 15,184,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannymontanny View Post
thats the Salish-Kootenai College
Ah, so I did read the sign right Rather an expens^H^H^H^H^H imposing structure for such a small institution!

The MDT webcams were entirely monochrome today -- all white!

Old 12-14-2008, 02:30 PM

260 posts, read 657,624 times
Wow, Montana has some of the prettiest scenery I've seen! A huge thank you to all who have contributed

Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,306,130 times
Was doing some camping and Elk hunting over the last week in the 0 - 25 below weather SE of Dillon, where they extended the season. After waking up to -25 degrees one morning, air mattress deflated, sleeping bag frozen to it and my ass frozen to the sleeping bag, with my nose frost bitten I decided it was time to really go after the Elk. The weather was right and they aught to be ready to come down out of the mountains.

After chasing a herd of Elk out of the bottom of Jake Canyon and while climbing 2700' to the top of the 8700' mountain next to it, they managed to get another mountain ahead of me. After making it to the top and watching the Elk laugh at me while going over the ridge of the next mountain a mile or two away... delerious and depressed, I decided to snap a few pics from a spot on top of the world that I had just climbed to.

When I got back home Sun night and my brain started working right again sometime Tue from lack of sleep and sub freezing temps every night for over a week these are a few of the pics I found in the camera.

This one was taken from about half way up on the back side of the canyon.
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-100_0091-50-.jpg

And these were taken from the top.
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-100_0106-50-.jpg
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-100_0104-50-.jpg

And that valley in the last pic... in the middle of that is where my truck is parked. Finally made it out to it at 10pm that night . That day ended up being a 17 hour tour...

Old 12-17-2008, 12:09 PM

20 posts, read 70,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
Was doing some camping and Elk hunting over the last week in the 0 - 25 below weather SE of Dillon, where they extended the season. After waking up to -25 degrees one morning, air mattress deflated, sleeping bag frozen to it and my ass frozen to the sleeping bag, with my nose frost bitten I decided it was time to really go after the Elk. The weather was right and they aught to be ready to come down out of the mountains.

After chasing a herd of Elk out of the bottom of Jake Canyon and while climbing 2700' to the top of the 8700' mountain next to it, they managed to get another mountain ahead of me. After making it to the top and watching the Elk laugh at me while going over the ridge of the next mountain a mile or two away... delerious and depressed, I decided to snap a few pics from a spot on top of the world that I had just climbed to.

When I got back home Sun night and my brain started working right again sometime Tue from lack of sleep and sub freezing temps every night for over a week these are a few of the pics I found in the camera.

This one was taken from about half way up on the back side of the canyon.
Attachment 32609

And these were taken from the top.
Attachment 32611
Attachment 32610

And that valley in the last pic... in the middle of that is where my truck is parked. Finally made it out to it at 10pm that night . That day ended up being a 17 hour tour...

You are a fortunate soul to hunt and spend time in such beauty, delirious and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana