Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 02:30 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,342,472 times

Advertisements

Bring on the snow!!!

I hate winters without snow. Just not natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 02:57 PM

193 posts, read 145,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Here's last years weather:

January 2022 - Average Temperature 28.5 (31.7 historical average)
February 2022 - Average Temperature 35.6 (33.9 historical average)

It was pretty average last year and cold, the lake I live on in Morris County had about 6 inches of ice in January which was great to play hockey, ice skate and play around on. El Nino, La Nina and the Jet Stream will move the different air pressures. Some time we will get some hot air, sometimes we will get cold. If the Jet Stream is right over our heads we will likely get snow, wintry mix or rain.

If Global Warming was happening, which they couldn't find evidence of so they are saying we are in a decades "pause" , they are talking fractions of percent (like third decimal point rounding).

https://climate.rutgers.edu/statecli...NJ00&elem=avgt
Did you experience those 60s and 70s days in February? Morris County can be different from the rest of the state sometimes.

Old 10-24-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Bring on the snow!!!

No. I’m often jealous of my coworkers who live in the Midwest and the Plains states, even though our climate was never exactly like theirs. They are landlocked with no ocean to warm them up.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:34 PM

10,442 posts, read 6,969,439 times
Quote:
Bring on the snow!!!

Pretty much, the more the merrier!

Also, the winters in the mountains are much more enjoyable experience and feel than winters in the cities or low land suburbs (like NJ). In my personal opinion, a nice snowy day in the mountains beats a nice beach day every time.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Pretty much, the more the merrier!

Also, the winters in the mountains are much more enjoyable experience and feel than winters in the cities or low land suburbs (like NJ). In my personal opinion, a nice snowy day in the mountains beats a nice beach day every time.
I was just looking at the weather for this December out of curiosity, and probably 25 out of 31 days of the month are forecasted to have highs in the upper 30s (Fahrenheit). I’m not too optimistic since that’s still very far out, but that will at least be a taste of what winter was if it actually happens.

Old 10-24-2022, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol210 View Post
Did you experience those 60s and 70s days in February? Morris County can be different from the rest of the state sometimes.
Its normal to get a few days of warm day in the middle of winter in the 60s sometimes in the 70s. Im not a meteorologist for the technical terms, but warm fronts do come through. I remember driving with my convertible top down from NJ through New England a few days before Christmas maybe like 18 years ago.

Old 10-24-2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol210 View Post
I was just looking at the weather for this December out of curiosity, and probably 25 out of 31 days of the month are forecasted to have highs in the upper 30s (Fahrenheit). I’m not too optimistic since that’s still very far out, but that will at least be a taste of what winter was if it actually happens.
I posted the Rutgers climate link for all the weather and there is nothing out of the norm. There were a few years that had abnormal months of winter weather like January 1913 or 1932, 1950 and so on.

So based upon all recent historical data there is nothing strange or abnormal..

Old 10-25-2022, 06:02 AM

19,037 posts, read 13,948,655 times
I shoveled snow at my house in ‘21. We didn’t move in until April 3…

And last year I recall shoveling a bunch, almost made me buy a snowblower for the first time.

Last year was definitely a normal winter. We’ll see what this year brings but if it turns out to be mild, it’s due to el nina apparently.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-25-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I shoveled snow at my house in ‘21. We didn’t move in until April 3…

And last year I recall shoveling a bunch, almost made me buy a snowblower for the first time.

Last year was definitely a normal winter. We’ll see what this year brings but if it turns out to be mild, it’s due to el nina apparently.
I remember someone once came to pick me up at my house, and I was slipping on ice going down the driveway. I just never remember having so many days where it was warm enough to wear my designer peacoat as opposed to a parka. But I must be remembering wrong.

Are you in the far NW corner of the state, out of curiosity?

Old 10-25-2022, 03:32 PM

88,541 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Bring on the snow!!!

I love snowy winters. Drive about 500 miles NNW.

February 2021

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey