Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 09:25 PM

19,062 posts, read 13,992,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol210 View Post
I remember someone once came to pick me up at my house, and I was slipping on ice going down the driveway. I just never remember having so many days where it was warm enough to wear my designer peacoat as opposed to a parka. But I must be remembering wrong.

Are you in the far NW corner of the state, out of curiosity?
No. I’m in Middlesex near the shore.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 07:27 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,019,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Yep all that global warming that just started to happen since 2009. It was like last year South Jersey beat its snow averages and North was slight below average for 2022, or that 2010 was the 3rd coldest and snowiest winter since the record began, or 2014 was the the 7th.

Maybe we will turn back to the days of 1973 recorded as the warmest NJ winter or 1919 which holds the record for 2nd warmest.

If we start paying more taxes, the politicans have promised us steady climate going forward.
I moved from Bergen County to South Jersey last year and was looking forward to a milder winter. Only to get hit by TWO record snow storms. Our family teased us and said we brought North Jersey weather down here, lol. However the days following the storms were warm and 14 inches of snow were gone in 2-3 days

Winters in NJ have definitely gotten milder overall. I remember as a child seeing so much snow and getting a lot of snow days off from school growing up here.

Old 10-28-2022, 03:29 PM

193 posts, read 146,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
I moved from Bergen County to South Jersey last year and was looking forward to a milder winter. Only to get hit by TWO record snow storms. Our family teased us and said we brought North Jersey weather down here, lol. However the days following the storms were warm and 14 inches of snow were gone in 2-3 days

Winters in NJ have definitely gotten milder overall. I remember as a child seeing so much snow and getting a lot of snow days off from school growing up here.
Yeah, it’s really very sad. I have two comforters for my bed, one designed for warm weather and another designed for cold. Winter of 2020-21 was something, but this year, I’m not even sure whether to change it. Or whether to put away my summer clothes.

Old 10-28-2022, 05:10 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,651,496 times
I’ll remember to bump this thread when everyone is complaining about 12 degree weather in a couple of months

Old 10-28-2022, 07:54 PM

32,956 posts, read 36,419,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I’ll remember to bump this thread when everyone is complaining about 12 degree weather in a couple of months
Not me. I'm cold when it's below 50 degrees.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I’ll be doing the opposite of complaining lol. I’d love it. That’s how winter is supposed to be.

The other day, I looked at the weather for February of last year and was sad, to say the least, about how warm half the month really was. My friends are looking forward to Christmas being 70 and sunny this year. God, I hope not.

Old 10-30-2022, 12:40 PM

10,513 posts, read 7,037,263 times
Quote:
Please do.. people complaining about a warm winter regardless of the data showing it.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:49 PM

2,689 posts, read 1,200,149 times
I remember digging my half covered car out from street parking snow plow street. I moved out and back home and what happened another damn blizzard and another freaking snow plow burying my car. He had the entire other side to plow it but no he picks my side where I parked. He did so often I ran down the street waving the shovel as if to clobber. He knew as well as I did there was no need to keep pushing more snow onto my car and completely disregard the entire other side of the street where no one parked.

Will we have a true winter this year? of course not because I no longer have to shovel my car out.

Old 11-03-2022, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Please do.. people complaining about a warm winter regardless of the data showing it.
It’s supposed to be in the 70s the majority of next week. I hate it, and so do a lot of people surprisingly. I actually need to turn my AC on to sleep comfortably at night in my apartment. I wonder what’s coming this winter.

Old 11-03-2022, 06:27 AM

4,033 posts, read 3,651,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol210 View Post
It’s supposed to be in the 70s the majority of next week. I hate it, and so do a lot of people surprisingly. I actually need to turn my AC on to sleep comfortably at night in my apartment. I wonder what’s coming this winter.

I’m going to grill this weekend. I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey