Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:37 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,274,510 times

Advertisements

Where are you now? Sometimes I think the only solution is just to
go ahead and go back. Sometimes being in a place makes for easier hiring.
We still know people there and have some connections. It may come
down to that, but not an ideal situation. I do feel I am waisting my life
here in Calif.being unhappy. Live and learn the hard way I guess. My poor
husband is trying,but Im sure hes getting tired of me whining about
New Mexico every day. I cant help it!

Greenchili
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 02:42 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,093 times
We are in NE PA but we are stuck here for awhile. We absolutely have to have medical coverage and no break in service due to my DD so I go through the civil service ads every couple of weeks or so. He is an aircraft mechanic and with all 3 NM bases changing missions or getting new planes we are very optimistic in the next 3 years something will come up!

Old 03-10-2007, 06:12 PM

51 posts, read 208,368 times
Thanks Winnie.I am so ready to move.I am very tired of the cold,nasty Pa winters,wet and cold springs and humid summers.It is a big move for me especially since I don't know anyone but I can't wait to start my adventure!I hope everyone's dreams come true like mine has.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:33 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,033,341 times
Winnie ~ I have read many of your posts here at this website in the past six months. IF anyone should move back to New Mexico, it is you....your love for the state shows through all your posts.

I hope a return becomes a reality for you.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:17 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,093 times
Thanks Towanda! At this point even a vacation back there would be welcome.. I feel like a fish out of water...

Hershey's mom, if you love pistachios you MUST go check out McGinn's Pistachio tree ranch off 54/70. The garlic roasted ones are to die for. We order some every year and refuse to eat "normal" pistachios anymore.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:12 PM

271 posts, read 1,126,226 times
I visited Alamogordo recently and I did like it a lot and it's so close to Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, however I needed to be close to a commercial airport and chose Las Cruces as my future residence. However, I intend to visit Alamogordo frequently.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:55 AM

25 posts, read 77,429 times
Lucky people! Hopefully I will be in Alamo within a year too.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRoadRunner View Post
Lucky people! Hopefully I will be in Alamo within a year too.
If there is the will there is a way! Good Luck!

Old 03-16-2007, 12:57 AM

25 posts, read 77,429 times
We are preparing our apt. for sale, the prices here are so insane that a two bedroom apartment will net us about 325 261.429 U.S. dollars which will allow us to build our own home without a mortgage.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Moving to Alamo April 7th

Hi everyone. It sure has been a long process making my dream come true.I decided last September to relocate to NM and will finally be leaving April 7th.Got the house sold,have most of my things packed and found a house to rent on a three months lease.My yard shares a fence with a neighbor who has a Yellow Lab.I am sure he and Hershey will become instant friends!Not looking forward to the long drive but a friend is going along to help out then I will fly him home after a week or so.My mom is also riding down and will be staying for a month or so.I am sure we will be busy looking around and going sight seeing.After I get settled I will be looking for land to build on near Alamo.Any advice on finding the right land?

Thanks,
Beth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico