Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:43 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,656,640 times

Advertisements

I assume North Elementary for Dewey Lane. All 3 of these streets are in different parts of the city and all 3 are in the older areas and not the newer Northern (Mall) or Southern (Golf Course) Subdivisions. I cant think of any area i wouldn't live in Alamo except the Public Housing area on First Street and Washington Park. I think Alamo averages one murder every other year?? Also lots of Police in that city (watch for speed traps).

As for Flood Zone 3/4 of the city is on a slant as its built right up next along the mountains so runoff can be bad especially when Flash Flooding occurs although rare.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 11,470 times
Thank you for the information. I have been looking a pictures online. We have a found a couple that looks decent, but we want to see them in person.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:07 PM

8 posts, read 22,635 times
how's mt. biking there?

Old 07-04-2007, 12:24 AM

2 posts, read 10,713 times
Default Moving To Alamogordo

Hello, Im from Jersey. It looks like Ill be coming to Alamogordo in a couple of months. I just found out that the population is about 40,000. ( Please feel free to correct me if im wrong) Which is making me a little nervous since I enjoy the nightlife on the weekends.Hoping to get some suggestions on places, or nightclubs that are great to hangout at. Thank you in advance for your suggestions...

Old 07-04-2007, 05:04 AM

I don't frequent bars and nite clubs anymore so i can't give you the names but there are nite ckubs in Alamo. There's probably more than the average 40,000 pop city do to the Airforce base there but just be careful and don't drink and drive as the DWI laws are very tough in this state. First offence and the state takes your auto plus fines etc...There's also clubs/bars up in Ruidoso and cloudcroft near by for the tourist types....

Old 07-04-2007, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapanar View Post
how's mt. biking there?
There are trails in the La Luz, Laborcita and Fresnal canyons next to Alamo. Also the Rails to Trails up around Cloudcroft......

Old 07-05-2007, 09:12 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,276,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
O.K. i just pieced it together why he is angry.............

First he mentions about the church group protesting the Gay Bookstore in Alamo (shocked that one exists there) then over to the Santa Fe post he stated he hates Santa Fe because there are no Gay bars (shocked that none exist there).

All i can say is best of luck to him in his endeavors.........
Oh.....an angry gay man. That would explain it I guess.

Greenchili

Old 07-13-2007, 06:22 AM

2 posts, read 10,713 times
Talking nervouse about alamogordo

Wow....i didnt know the thread was going to go in that direction...lol i just wanted to know the hot spots on the weekend. ty everyone for responding...it seems l;ike i have to go outside of town for the weekend though... hopefully when i get there, people will school me on whats what out here...I usually make the best wherever i go. If anything the quote " When in rome, do as the romans do might apply here"...lol..ty again to everyone who answered my thread.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:56 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,216,372 times
There are a lot worse things things than being 'bored'. I'm good at making my own entertainment (playing musical instruments, amateur astronomy, reading, ham radio, etc.), so I wouldn't get bored easily. Besides, there are a lot of interesting places nearby.

If I move there, I hope I can find a place to play bass and tuba occasionally, though. That's how I make my living here in Ft Worth.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:39 AM

19 posts, read 94,188 times
Default Hello

I live in Alamogordo and I know for a fact that Yucca Elementary is the best Elementary school. Bar none, it's no Long Island, NY school but it is the best here. I highly recommend finding a home in that area. You will also be on the newest and best side of Alamo. If you tell me what your looking for (price, size wise) I can tell you some great subdivisions to live in. I own one home here that I just rented out for a three year lease and now I'm going to buy another one. My bit of advice, BUY NOW... Prices keep going up. You would think they would stay low b/c of all the land to build around here. Problem is you can't build thousands of homes b/c there is only so much water to go around. Therefore home prices will keep rising. I bought my first home here for $203,000 one and a half years ago and now it's already worth over $220K. But you won't see that equity unless you buy in the Yucca school district. Trust me, the only other place I might consider is Cottonwood Height, just b/c it's a pretty nice subdivision, but the school isn't great..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico