Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 09:38 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

The Venezuelans got one, so no wonder the Africans want one too.

Quote:
The US is allowing hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans in the country to work legally
https://apnews.com/article/biden-imm...1bd10ee23067f4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 04:33 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,946,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The Venezuelans got one, so no wonder the Africans want one too.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-imm...1bd10ee23067f4
Border crossings have declined in Texas by 60% this year so far since the state set up enforcement but nearby California, Arizona, New Mexico saw increases Texas was strict. The undocumented illegal flow to NYC have slow down so far in 2024.

Old 04-22-2024, 07:12 AM

1,302 posts, read 335,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I can predict the threads you’re going to start. Time for you to really think about leaving the state.
We all can predict your reactions. What’s your point exactly? Your complete lack of self awareness is truly astounding. If you don’t like a thread l, why not just ignore commenting? I don’t comment in every thread. If I’m not interested in a thread or can’t add anything to it, I move on. I don’t enter a thread just to tell the poster not to post about it.

Why do you feel the need to stifle certain topics on this forum? That’s the ultimate question. Why does it bother you so much? Personally, I think it’s projection. You’re telling everyone to leave if they don’t like it but I think that you don’t like it and want to leave but know that’s impossible in your case. How much is your M-L coop worth? You can’t even buy a home in the South nowadays for that money.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:19 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,105,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
"Green card for all and expedited path to citizenship"

Yup that was said by Kamala Harris on Univision.
Would African migrants be watching Univision, though?

Old 04-22-2024, 02:05 PM

3,216 posts, read 1,677,142 times
It's funny how Adams and Hochul both tell businesses to break the law yet they are only going after Trump.

Old 04-22-2024, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoClueWho View Post
Would African migrants be watching Univision, though?
Word gets around.

Old 04-22-2024, 04:47 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,946,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
It's funny how Adams and Hochul both tell businesses to break the law yet they are only going after Trump.
The mayor can’t speak out because Biden administration know he is soft they will open another investigation on him like did before with Turkey. The governors down south is tougher than NYC mayor and governor.

Old 04-22-2024, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
The mayor can’t speak out because Biden administration know he is soft they will open another investigation on him like did before with Turkey. The governors down south is tougher than NYC mayor and governor.
The Feds are pissed because NYC gets a lot of federal welfare money and this idiot is clamoring for more. They’re basically telling him NYC has enough and it’s not their problem how NYC spends it.

Adams created this problem because he mocked other states and told them how great NYC would treat migrants compared to the others.

Classic DEI. All talk, no action unless it’s to bully people. Adams doesn’t have the upper hand here so he can’t bully the Feds into giving him what he wants.

Old 04-22-2024, 07:00 PM

34,100 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
We all can predict your reactions. What’s your point exactly? Your complete lack of self awareness is truly astounding. If you don’t like a thread l, why not just ignore commenting? I don’t comment in every thread. If I’m not interested in a thread or can’t add anything to it, I move on. I don’t enter a thread just to tell the poster not to post about it.

Why do you feel the need to stifle certain topics on this forum? That’s the ultimate question. Why does it bother you so much? Personally, I think it’s projection. You’re telling everyone to leave if they don’t like it but I think that you don’t like it and want to leave but know that’s impossible in your case. How much is your M-L coop worth? You can’t even buy a home in the South nowadays for that money.
You're lucky I don't delete them, certain topics like these are more political than NYC. Read the ToS if you don't like it. You start these thread as flame topics.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-24-2024, 05:45 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Excerpt:

A major issue is that the city does not have adequate language services, officials said, noting Spanish and English speakers are given priority, leaving other new arrivals in the dark.

Opinion:
I am the first generation son of non english speaking European immigrant farmers with little education who came to this country .
Plenty of low skilled labor intensive jobs. Dad dug ditches. Mom cleaned houses. No handouts. Self sufficient. No privilege here.

Today?
NYC affords all immigrants privileges my parent never saw. Unfortunately there are few jobs available today.

All I can say from one son of immigrants passing the baton to another ?

Join the crowd. Some will make it. Some will move back home.

Let Resiliency be your comfort.

Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City