Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 AM

277 posts, read 442,220 times

Advertisements

I hadn't seen the actual website/site map until I read your post. According to the color scheme, Pier 1 has already leased the space. Perhaps the planning has been done to add onto the current scheme, but if it came in too late from the actual contract documents, it may still be in approval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 11:49 PM

815 posts, read 2,997,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
If you have driven past lately, two basic structures on two outlets are up and one of them already has tyvek wrap on it.

I did notice that while on the website it says that the fifth anchor is Pier 1 Imports, the physical structure so far just stops at DSW...and it doesn't look like anything is being built next to it anytime soon as the side of DSW has already been finished. I wonder what is going on? Anyone know?
I imagine pier one will take one of the outlot buildings, probably the one further back from indy blvd. Their space is small enough to fit in that building.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:24 PM

2,156 posts, read 5,489,099 times
Default More tenant!

In the outlet closest to 41, Meatheads Burgers AND Noodles & Company will be locating there! Just checked the site plan! This is crazy since they are also planning locations in the Lake Business Center in Munster.

Well, I just liked this project a little more now!

Old 12-14-2013, 06:44 PM

21 posts, read 41,997 times
Well, since Lake Business Center has done NOTHING for months, I wouldn't be surprised if Meatheads and Noodles moved on. LBC has been a giant disappointment.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orkdork View Post
Well, since Lake Business Center has done NOTHING for months, I wouldn't be surprised if Meatheads and Noodles moved on. LBC has been a giant disappointment.
While LBC isn't moving as fast as I would like (and the fact that it isn't the "Munster Town Center" it was supposed to be), it is unfair to say that it has done nothing. If anything, things were picking up much faster earlier this month. I know for a fact that Meatheads has not moved on (unless they lied to me when I contacted representatives) and I am sure that Noodles will still be a go-ahead. There is enough demand in the area to serve two locations of each restaurant. I just think it is cool that they will probably be built around the same time (well Schererville may open first). The Schererville location is not on the Meatheads website yet (only Munster) and neither Noodles location is on their website yet, only on the sites of Tartan Realty (for LBC) and Regency Centers (for Shops on Main).

With that being said, if they indeed do decide to have only one location for each, the Schererville location will actually be more convenient for me, but I patronize Munster every chance I can and I would be extremely disappointed if there were not Munster locations.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:21 PM

166 posts, read 286,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectony View Post
Planet Fitness will be one of business in the old menards
Wish that had been LA Fitness, but a thriving business is still welcome to replace the abandoned Menards building.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:39 PM

166 posts, read 286,275 times
Will NWI ever reach the retail and dining level available in Chicago-area corridors Schaumburg, Orland Park, Oak Brook and Lombard?

That said, NWI desperately needs an Apple Store! The closest one is in Orland Park.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1064 View Post
Will NWI ever reach the retail and dining level available in Chicago-area corridors Schaumburg, Orland Park, Oak Brook and Lombard?

That said, NWI desperately needs an Apple Store! The closest one is in Orland Park.
Probably not (though I desperately wish!). Schaumburg has a massive and diverse amount of retail and dining options and Oak Brook and Lombard have continuous retail and dining along 22nd st/Butterfield Rd. NWI would be closest to Orland if possible, but Orland also runs along with Tinley and even though the two suburbs are very developed, there is SOO much space to develop new offerings (which are currently happening).

Demographics wise, Munster, Highland, and the tri-town area are most in-tune with what upscale retailers want to see when choosing to locate...dense, middle-upper middle income areas that are growing or at least stable.

Merrillville, Crown Point, and Hobart have their shopping areas but most of Merrillville is looking tired, Hobart is too sparsely populated the further down 30 you go, and although Crown Point is growing, they are being extra picky in who comes into town retail/dining wise (which I understand to an extent, but it could have some negative implications long-term if they are TOO picky).

Old 12-16-2013, 08:28 AM

811 posts, read 2,336,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
In the outlet closest to 41, Meatheads Burgers AND Noodles & Company will be locating there! Just checked the site plan! This is crazy since they are also planning locations in the Lake Business Center in Munster.

Well, I just liked this project a little more now!
If I had to guess, I'd agree with orkdork. I bet both of these tenants moved on to Shops on Main and are no longer part of LBC. Could be wrong, but to go from having no presence in Lake County to all of a sudden having 2 locations each, less than 5 miles from eachother? Probably not.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
If I had to guess, I'd agree with orkdork. I bet both of these tenants moved on to Shops on Main and are no longer part of LBC. Could be wrong, but to go from having no presence in Lake County to all of a sudden having 2 locations each, less than 5 miles from eachother? Probably not.
I understand, but also keep in mind that companies such as Noodles make their franchisees open multiple restaurants within a certain period of time. I know it is far fetched, but look at Chipotle and what they did. And I called Tartan Realty and they said that as far as they know, Meatheads is a definite for both locations. They are definitely competing with Five Guys and probably want to be located close enough to each location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana