Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 03:54 AM

2,156 posts, read 5,489,099 times

Advertisements

Tomato Bar (there is one in Valpo) is coming to Shops on Main! I have not been there but it looks interesting!

Also, Kirkland's is coming too! This is looking to be more and more like Orland Park Place like I stated before!

Yes, this isn't the original development I thought it would be...but I am feeling more comfortable about the retailers now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 05:32 AM

Default Finally

TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS: Construction to start on Schererville Whole Foods

Old 07-21-2014, 09:46 AM

811 posts, read 2,336,645 times
Whole Foods can't come soon enough! Now, if we can just get the development of the old Krispy Kreme building to actually begin... sign out front of it still says the new development is coming in Spring of 2014...

Anybody know what the hold-up is?

Old 11-18-2014, 04:39 AM

1. What is with all the new mattress stores popping up in the past couple years? I guess that they know people need to buy mattresses because they have olds ones AND new people moving into the area that need mattresses.

2. The Zel's building should be updated, but having two tenants there will make parking that much more difficult especially since people use it as overflow for Jalapeños on busy nights...what about the old Krispy Kreme building? Or the shopping center where Big Lots is? Hmm...

3. I wonder what the second tenant will be.

Schererville commission discusses proposed development

Old 12-21-2014, 01:51 PM

Default Walmart

So I heard a rumor that Walmart in Schererville is planning on an expansion of their store to turn into a Supercenter. And whereas there was no room to really expand the one in Hammond (which is why they are building the new one), the Schererville store could expand northward at the cost of some of the smaller retailers...anyone hear of this? My source apparently has a relative that works with someone whose spouse works for Walmart...so I do not know how reliable it is, but it is interesting anyways.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:56 AM

224 posts, read 310,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
So I heard a rumor that Walmart in Schererville is planning on an expansion of their store to turn into a Supercenter. And whereas there was no room to really expand the one in Hammond (which is why they are building the new one), the Schererville store could expand northward at the cost of some of the smaller retailers...anyone hear of this? My source apparently has a relative that works with someone whose spouse works for Walmart...so I do not know how reliable it is, but it is interesting anyways.
Would a supercenter at that location even be needed? StrackVanTil is in the same shopping center. I know the reason why the Lansing location is moving is because the shopping center made an agreement with Ultra Foods that no other grocer or supercenter could open in the shopping center.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Blish View Post
Would a supercenter at that location even be needed? StrackVanTil is in the same shopping center. I know the reason why the Lansing location is moving is because the shopping center made an agreement with Ultra Foods that no other grocer or supercenter could open in the shopping center.
Needed? Probably not. Wanted. Definitely not by current residents. However, you know Wal-Mart will do anything for the almighty dollar. This is a rumor that has come up so many times within the past ten years+ but when rumors keep resurfacing, at some point, something may happen! Whole Foods started out as a want for the area, then a rumor that it was coming...then it was shot down by Whole Foods...then a year later, they made an announcement that they were coming...today, the building has taken shape!

Old 12-23-2014, 06:52 AM

277 posts, read 442,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Blish View Post
Would a supercenter at that location even be needed? StrackVanTil is in the same shopping center.
Maybe someone has taken note of all of the added congestion due to the Shops on Main and see the people going to Meijers from the south would instead make the stop at SuperWalmart. Walmart in general has seemed to be building more and more of the SuperCenters at an increased pace from my observation. Walmart Slows Supercenter Growth - Business Insider

I guess that answers my question, as they HAD been building them quickly. Time to slow the growth... after they add Schererville, perhaps?

I do see with Whole Foods coming (and a probable Trader Joes in the future) that the area is becoming super saturated with grocers. From Lake Central High School to the Highland Grove Shopping Center, here are the list of places to shop for your fridge with a 4 mile stretch just on 41:

Produce Depot *Organic*
Walmart
Strack & Van Til
Aldi
Target
Meijer
(Whole Foods *Organic*) - Coming Soon

I'm actually surprised there isn't something in the Lowe's spot, not that I think there's any more needed.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:45 PM

Exclamation Update

I just saw today that they have finally began to demolish the Krispy Kreme building for that small strip center development, Shoppes on the Boulevard.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:32 AM

277 posts, read 442,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
I just saw today that they have finally began to demolish the Krispy Kreme building for that small strip center development, Shoppes on the Boulevard.
Maybe they had simply cheaped out on an old sign that had the wrong year on it. Spring 2015 seems like it could work.

Happy to see that space do SOMETHING besides host some of the classic cars during the car shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana