Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 04:41 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,496,881 times

Advertisements

Oh, and if you check the Noodles website now, MUNSTER JUST GOT POSTED TODAY!!! I literally just saw that after I posted my recent post!

Noodles - Munster, IN

Last edited by Northwest Indiana; 12-16-2013 at 05:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 08:24 AM

811 posts, read 2,339,250 times
Sounds like there will also be a YoAmazing Yogurt Shoppe in the Shops on Main as well... which is a self-serve frozen yogurt shop that currently only has a location in Valpo. Evidently the frozen yogurt market is doing well in the area since RedMango is a stone's throw to the north of this and SweetFrog is about two miles south.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:06 PM

815 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Whole Foods confirmed for Shops on Main

Holy all-natural organic guacamole! Whole Foods to open in 2015

Also Firehouse Subs and Yoamazing are coming in addition to Meatheads and Noodles and Company.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richb View Post
Not a chance on Trader Joes. They have said no repeatedly. I have talked with both TJ and WF real estate guys personally. Sorry to rain on peoples parade.

The high level of competition in grocery stores in NW Indiana have pushed the overall prices to much lower levels then either TJ or WF want to go. In that way we should be happy we have lower food prices then the rest of the Chicago area (just look at the prices at Meijer in Highland compared with a Meijer in Bolingbrook, its not just because of the lower tax rate). I think that is a bigger factor then even the income levels they use to say they don't want to come.

The fact that WF warehouse and office in NW Indiana has nothing to do with having local stores. Its largely a tax and business climate decision, they save a fortune by being here then in some business park in Illinois or Wisconsin. The warehouse serves most of the Midwest.

Shops on Main will not have larger stores. The largest size is too small for a grocery. Shops on Main will be mostly mall type stores in an outside "lifestyle center" format. The "anchors" will be no larger then midsize box store. Restaurants will be the real anchors in "Shops on Main". Oak street shops had a larger size anchor space (100,000 sq. ft) but I think that project is dead for good.
**Cough**

Old 02-13-2014, 05:47 AM

3 posts, read 7,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
Folks in Lake County driving on 41 recently may have seen a sign for a new retail development where the currently unoccupied Krispy Kreme building is located. It appears they're going to tear down that building (thank god) and build a new smaller retail center. There's a link with very basic information and a picture of the planned building below. I'd be interested to know what tenants will be filling this space. I'm no real estate agent but the picture makes it look like there's about 10 spaces in the building and it says 1 space available so I would have to think most have already been filled. With this, coupled with the plans for building Shops on Main moving forward, it looks like things are finally headed in the right direction again.

320 US Hwy 41, Schererville, IN, 46375 - Strip Center Property for Lease on LoopNet.com
Superb to hear the retail growth in Svillechris, now it’s time to make changes and adopt newer things.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:02 AM

811 posts, read 2,339,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinWilliams View Post
Superb to hear the retail growth in Svillechris, now it’s time to make changes and adopt newer things.

Agreed. They've brought in a few newer places with the recent developments but Whole Foods will be the headliner since it's the first in Northwest Indiana. Next step would be to attract some retail such as JCrew, Banana Republic, etc. Fingers crossed.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
Agreed. They've brought in a few newer places with the recent developments but Whole Foods will be the headliner since it's the first in Northwest Indiana. Next step would be to attract some retail such as JCrew, Banana Republic, etc. Fingers crossed.
I think that with Shops on Main, some retailers are still possible in phase II, but it may be more like what you would see in Orland Park Place...Tiger Direct, K & G, etc. IF we get a Nordstrom Rack, that would be cool though. We could reasonably get some places such as Coldwater Creek, CHICOS, White House Black Market (not that it benefits me lol)...I just saw that Shops on Main is getting an "Oshkosh" store...that is not that special in and of itself, but it is an outlet-type store which means that Shops on Main is open to that! This is very good!

I am hoping that the Centennial Village development will be able to have more upscale mall-type stores. Also, for some reason, I can envision an upscale outdoor shopping area along US 231 just south of Gates of St. John.

Last edited by Northwest Indiana; 02-13-2014 at 08:05 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 08:12 PM

Exclamation Carrabba's

I have been to the Naperville location. It is decent food, nothing special IMO. But it is at least nice to get something somewhat different.

Carrabba's coming to Schererville

Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 PM

567 posts, read 1,307,234 times
Default Anyone with any ideas on Phase 2

There's a big fitness center and a high end nail salon in the Phase 2 Lot... are they getting kicked out or what!?

Would be a shame to dislocate established businesses.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
There's a big fitness center and a high end nail salon in the Phase 2 Lot... are they getting kicked out or what!?

Would be a shame to dislocate established businesses.
No there is not...Omni and it's buildings border phase 2 lot to the east...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana