Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:31 PM

815 posts, read 2,997,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
I just saw today that they have finally began to demolish the Krispy Kreme building for that small strip center development, Shoppes on the Boulevard.
The old Zels should be coming down shortly too. We will have plenty of mattress stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 04:47 AM

2,156 posts, read 5,489,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iidreamtheaterii View Post
Maybe they had simply cheaped out on an old sign that had the wrong year on it. Spring 2015 seems like it could work.

Happy to see that space do SOMETHING besides host some of the classic cars during the car shows.
No, the sign was definitely placed there in 2013...there were probably some financing delays...but anyway, it's good to see movement!

Old 01-20-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
No, the sign was definitely placed there in 2013...there were probably some financing delays...but anyway, it's good to see movement!
That sign been there at least three years. It started with a coming spring 2013, a 4 was glued on over the 3 when it was clear the spring 13 start wasn't happening. Of course the spring 2014 didn't happen either. At this point spring 2015 is going to be tough too. Its much harder and takes much longer then you think to lease out an even smallish project.

Even if they start the new building now, most tenants won't be open until late summer, early fall. Even the much further along Whole Foods won't open until the end of the summer.

Hopefully they are ready to go now, and not just clearing the lot to reduce property taxes.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:20 AM

811 posts, read 2,336,815 times
I don't remember... did they ever announce the planned tenants in the building that is going up where the old KK building was? I remember seeing a picture of what it would look like, but do we have any idea what's going there?

Old 01-26-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
I don't remember... did they ever announce the planned tenants in the building that is going up where the old KK building was? I remember seeing a picture of what it would look like, but do we have any idea what's going there?
I don't think any were made public.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:44 PM

Milestone reached with coming soon Whole Foods, exterior completed at Main Street Shops.

Whole Foods reaches construction milestone

Looks like they are still planning a late summer, early fall opening.

Also a Chico's is opening at MSS.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:18 PM

Exclamation Shops on Main

Whole Foods has now opened and appears to be doing extremely well! In addition, an AT&T store is opening in the small space next to Kirklands. At this point, all of the space at Shops on Main is 100% leased. There is only Outlet 1 and Phase 2 that is left to develop. I can imagine that Outlet 1 would be another restaurant space (hopefully something along the lines of Bonefish Grill because I think it would fit in there). However, I am curious to know what would go in Phase 2? The signs for the development only had enough space for the anchors so I assume that Phase 2 would be smaller shops as well. I'm thinking maybe something like a White House|Black Market. It will be exciting to see. This development has been long-awaited!

Old 10-19-2015, 07:56 AM

277 posts, read 442,298 times
Quote:
The signs for the development only had enough space for the anchors so I assume that Phase 2 would be smaller shops as well. I'm thinking maybe something like a White House|Black Market.
That right there would be a bold thought. White House|Black Market doesn't seem like this area yet in my opinion. I would welcome it, but I don't see the other high caliber shops where you typically see them in.

In scouting to back up my 'opinion' on this, it just occurred to me how sporadic Shoppes on Main really is. Everywhere I went looking for the White House|Black Market, I always had a page of the entire development where it would tell me all of the other shops within. Main Street Promenade, Geneva Commons, Algonquin Commons, Orland Park Crossing all had a website with a directory of stores to easily navigate. Clearly these areas were set up with the master plan in mind with enough retail space to create the network.

Shoppes on Main may have started out small considering the area and timing of the development, but maybe it's time to create the network rather than just have the spaces available on Regency's "for lease" site. I'm sure the marketability isn't helping the Jos A. Bank, J Crew and Banana Republics from investing. The one thing you can say is that Whole Foods has a possibility to be the catalyst between the higher end shops and being stuck in the average shop market.

I also see more "spa" shops in these commons too. If it hasn't been tried already, getting Vanis to work with Boyer to redevelop with a nice place would be ideal. They have the reputation to be somewhat of a mini anchor if it were in the right location. Rolling the Omni plaza into the Boyer Development just makes sense.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:57 AM

Default Shops on Main - Phase 2

Looks like Phase 2 is almost ready to go!

Shops on Main second phase moves on

Old 01-28-2016, 10:53 AM

811 posts, read 2,336,815 times
Well, I know at least one poster on here that will be excited about this...

Nordstrom Rack To Open In Schererville, Indiana - Press Room - Nordstrom.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana