Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 10:07 AM

144 posts, read 121,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheO! View Post
KETV is by far the best news around, I find it difficult to watch the others.

On a related note; what happened to Fox 42 news at nine? I hate everything about it now, they changed everything from set the anchors and it's just awful. The woman is annoying who wears 5lbs of makeup and the man is a bore. I stopped watching it which is a shame since I liked the news at nine.
The anchors and broadcast have been outsourced to Davenport, IA. Only the reporters remain in Omaha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 AM

144 posts, read 121,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
a further benefit is not having to listen to an egocentric overpaid news, weather, or sportscaster, many of which have voices that make one wonder if they are even capable of hearing their own voices without a cloud of self love distorting the dissonant tones they emit. mary williams, takes the prize in that regard. she could make the world coming to an end a dull and uninteresting whine. one possible benefit to viewing local newscasts, if one plans to sleep right after, it could be used as a non addictive sleeping aid.
Lol

Old 10-05-2010, 12:23 PM

380 posts, read 1,003,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael0603 View Post
I have to completely disagree. Channel 7 makes me want to punch myself in the balls. Between Rob and Brandy Peterson, they have more awkwardness than a rape victim facing her assailant.

To boot, Brandy's mouth moves like a ventriloquist doll.

Need I mention Bill Randby's "Paint it red...Baybeeee".... Vomit in mouth...

Words cannot adequately describe how much I dislike channel 7. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

OMG that was so funny!!! I happen to LOVE KETV and despise WOWT, but I truly thought your post was hilarious! lol

Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 PM

175 posts, read 443,488 times
Outsourced to Davenport. Wow, and i thought some of our anchors/reporters are bad, the ones they have are horrible. That's no improvement, I'm sure ratings have fallen.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:26 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,477,128 times
That cheerleader story was what they started the news cast off with too, Crazy. By the way, I added a couple more pictures:

public pictures by pheaton - Photobucket

Old 10-15-2010, 09:55 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,710,423 times
Hahahahaha nice there Pheaton thats quite the collection.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:06 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,567,114 times
oops from last night's wowt newscast

dave webber when talking about the millard west vs. benson game

kept interchanging millard north and millard west during the talk about it

no wonder Omaha Benson High lost. according to Webber they were playing 2 teams at the same time

Old 10-16-2010, 09:54 PM

I have to say. . I'm watching KETV right now. . They led off with sports to relive the miserable Husker game. By the way. . Their sports guy has a terribly annoying voice and if that's not enough, he's so loud I can hear him when the TV is on mute. He needs to calm the heck down.

Now that sports is over, they are onto the news. Which is. .wait for it.. .. More game coverage. What a nightmare!

Old 10-16-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
oops from last night's wowt newscast

dave webber when talking about the millard west vs. benson game

kept interchanging millard north and millard west during the talk about it

no wonder Omaha Benson High lost. according to Webber they were playing 2 teams at the same time
The day these guys keep a sportscast straight will be amazing. . When they have to deal with more than 1 team at a time (The Huskers or Nighthawks) they screw it all up. When they do the High School games, they don't have a chance. They dispatch all 3 bozos which is a recipe for disaster.

I also want to mention that when you show scores. You put the visitors first, and the home team second. So that the score would be like Texas at Nebraska for instance. Visitor first. They prefer to list the teams (if they even get the right team) in random order. Sometimes they get it right, but the randomness tells me that is dumb luck.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
I have to say. . I'm watching KETV right now. . They led off with sports to relive the miserable Husker game. By the way. . Their sports guy has a terribly annoying voice and if that's not enough, he's so loud I can hear him when the TV is on mute. He needs to calm the heck down.

Now that sports is over, they are onto the news. Which is. .wait for it.. .. More game coverage. What a nightmare!
And back to more sports. . So 15 minutes of sports. 5 minutes of news, 5 minutes of weather. . and back to more sports. . I'd turn on Sportscenter if I wanted this much sports. Plus the people would be less annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha