Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 12:26 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,552,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
The day these guys keep a sportscast straight will be amazing. . When they have to deal with more than 1 team at a time (The Huskers or Nighthawks) they screw it all up. When they do the High School games, they don't have a chance. They dispatch all 3 bozos which is a recipe for disaster.

I also want to mention that when you show scores. You put the visitors first, and the home team second. So that the score would be like Texas at Nebraska for instance. Visitor first. They prefer to list the teams (if they even get the right team) in random order. Sometimes they get it right, but the randomness tells me that is dumb luck.

the omaha world herald is worse at high school sports than Randby (paint it red baby) and Webber and Jernstrom and whoever does it at kmtv 3 (no one watches channel 3)

they have Pospisil and Patterson and Rubek do that job and all 3 lack ethics at times.

example from yesterday's OWH paper:

omaha north high (the school I graduated from) wins it's first Football game in 4 weeks and the omaha world herald is now pretending the game never happened.

only school in omaha area who's winning game isnt mentioned in high school sports section of omaha world herald.

as many have said and noticed, the omaha world herald hates when North (aka Rodney Dangerfield High) cause we get no respect wins.

when North loses, it is a half page story in the paper on North's loss.

North wins, it never happened according to Pospisil and Patterson and Rubek

now, I can fault OWH sports reporter Stu Pospisil (since he is Benson's alumni president) (see)Benson High School Alumni Association if you dont believe me folks

and Omaha Benson and Omaha North hate each other's guts but what is Rubek and Patterson 's excuse for beating up on Omaha North
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 03:55 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,697,499 times
You can seriously make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:28 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,472,763 times
What a fine teaser before sports on Today's 5:00 suxnews.

John Nicely: "The Huskers came up short against Texas, but there was a record breaking play for NU and Ross will show it to us next."

He should have added, because we didn't see the play in every sports segment since Saturday evening, we'll show you again.

After commercial Ross says: "Every Monday at 5 we bring you the play of the game from Nebraska's match up over the weekend".

Really Ross? What you really mean is we bring you the play of the game every single sport segment until the next weeks game.

I also just noticed that play was the entire sports segment. After showing the play, they went back to commercial. . Holy crap. . I can't wait to see what the 6:00 sports will hold. Maybe we'll get to see where the Huskers are ranked? Maybe we'll find out again that the Huskers play Oklahoma St. this week at 2:30 and that Oklahoma St. has a good passing game? I can't wait! Such new information and also so exclusive!

Last edited by pheaton; 10-18-2010 at 05:04 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 11:12 AM

this is from this monday's channel 6 news

Omaha TV News: Never-ending

anyone see the word intruder and notice how it's spelled.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
this is from this monday's channel 6 news

Omaha TV News: Never-ending

anyone see the word intruder and notice how it's spelled.
hahaha. I didn't see that one. I have a couple more pictures I need to add to my gallery of gaffes. Too bad I didn't catch this one myself.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:55 AM

pheaton, have u seen this

you and everyone else ought to watch the wowt video at

Omaha TV News: Big

(it is comedy gold when u watch the video and hear what John says)

that video makes me think of the actor Maurice LaMarche when he did voice of Orson Welles on the Critic

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ozen+Peas&aq=f

Old 11-10-2010, 05:16 PM

Mr Penis is getting a smaller nut named Benson?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:16 AM

speaking of wowt, did anyone see this last night

local newscaster on Jay Leno show last night, Brian Mastre from wowt of omaha was featured in a news clip of sorts about robot teachers.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:53 AM

The Tonight Show & Me

is link to the video everyone is talking about btw.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:04 PM

on a side note: heard Justin Joseph of wowt 's leaving Omaha for a news job in Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha