Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:03 PM

306 posts, read 715,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
on a side note: heard Justin Joseph of wowt 's leaving Omaha for a news job in Denver.
Apparently his bike isn't in Omaha (he looks like a clone of Pee Wee Herman).

In other news, WOWT is apparently Mobile TV capable now, whatever that means. Wake Up to the Dawn of Mobile TV

Last edited by jessep28; 11-21-2010 at 08:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 08:11 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,472,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
on a side note: heard Justin Joseph of wowt 's leaving Omaha for a news job in Denver.
Looks like Leann Mormon is up for a pretty nice promotion to "suspense reporter".

Old 11-27-2010, 03:22 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,550,735 times
pheaton, u could be right

Omaha's local news scene is fast becoming a joke. the news media here dumbs down (or the media is dumb on purpose)

and this video best describes some of our local media and what they have done to this city by dumbing down the news

Old 12-02-2010, 07:37 AM

Sux News broke this story wide open last night:

MUD Eyes Rate Increase

My question is. . Did I miss something? What made them go to a barber shop and ask the guy getting the haircut what he thinks about a rate increase? He's worried about what the increase is going to do to his barber when he has to give up his haircuts to pay his bill. I'm not trying to be mean to this guy, but my grandpa lives off social security and burns wood in the winter so he doesn't have to pay for gas, and his daughter gives him a haircut to save money, and he has a garden where he grows massive ammounts of potatoes so he doesn't have to spend as much at the grocery store. A hair cut? C'mon!

Then this story:
Rescued Horses Need Homes

They rescued a bunch of horses and how they don't have a place for them. Again, not to be mean, but do you think that the fact they were abandoned had something to do with nobody was around to take care of them? Just a thought. . Maybe I'm just grumpy today. .

Old 12-02-2010, 01:08 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,088,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Just a thought. . Maybe I'm just grumpy today. .
Discovering the "No ****, Sherlock" journalism of WOWT can do that to you.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:26 PM

After I got a little more caffienated I realized that in their attempt to get ultra creative with the MUD story they interviewed the guy in the barber shop apparantly because he was going to have to "cut" back on something else other than his hair. How deep is that? Amazing! s.c.h.m.u.c.ks. < Why is that a asterixed word?

Old 12-02-2010, 03:19 PM

pheaton, I believe the movie dinner for ??? (the recent jeff dunham movie) is based what happens

when you have dinner with some folks in omaha's media

cause some in the media here in omaha are as dumb as rocks

Old 12-03-2010, 07:15 AM

Did anyone watch sux at 6 yesterday? Talk about shooting from the hip, the last 10 minutes of that newscast was like 100% improvised. Ortiz was reading the prompter like a 2nd grader and starring at the screen like a schmo when the outdoor guy came out of nowhere with his duck call or whatever and delivered his lines better than Ortiz.

Before commercial break J-Pa Nicerug says something like "a little improvising, but that's what it's all about". Actually, you really aren't supposed to improvise a newscast, Johnny. Even so, that was bad improvising.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:58 AM

pheaton, u might get a laugh out of this

Is this really a story on the WOWT webpage?

Holiday Mixology

They are telling you that alcohol is not healthy, but mixing it with juice is a better option. Wow.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:28 AM

102 posts, read 179,593 times
Oh they're just telling you alternative ways to get blasted while being able to mitigate the calorous intake.

That's why I don't even bother mixing my drinks, heck, my drinks are lucky if they land in any other container apart from the bottle it was sold in! =)

http://www.masaniwayama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/drunk-santa.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha