Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:23 PM

737 posts, read 1,923,585 times

Advertisements

Does the Target Store's mascot pitbull have a target on it's eye? Does the "Our Gang" pitbull have a circle around it's eye also?..... I think we should boycot Target Store's for stealling the idea......

I think all ptibull dog owners should be required to paint a target on there dogs eye so we could have a good aim point when it comes time to put one down.

We should name the new Omaha Football team the "Pitbulls". Omaha Pitbulls, I think it has a good ring to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 02:29 PM

7,970 posts, read 26,761,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Does the Target Store's mascot pitbull have a target on it's eye? Does the "Our Gang" pitbull have a circle around it's eye also?..... I think we should boycot Target Store's for stealling the idea......
The Target Corporation's mascot, "Bullseye", is not a Pit Bull. It's a Miniature Bull Terrier.

Saying a Miniature Bull Terrier is a Pit Bull is kind of like saying a Field Mouse is a Sewer Rat.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:34 AM

5,418 posts, read 9,225,020 times
Sorry to bring this back up, but I thought of something-
Would you anti PBT people support an idea like this:

What if instead of just getting carte blanche for dog ownership, APBT owners within city limits MUST have their dog screened for genetic disorders, have all shots as soon as possible, must pass a temperament test, and mandatory obedience training?

Basically, all the stuff you would do with a regular dog, but with some extra so that a person who really WANTS to be a responsible APBT owner can have their dog?

Old 04-19-2010, 04:02 AM

152 posts, read 366,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Sorry to bring this back up, but I thought of something-

Would you anti PBT people support an idea like this:

What if instead of just getting carte blanche for dog ownership, APBT owners within city limits MUST have their dog screened for genetic disorders, have all shots as soon as possible, must pass a temperament test, and mandatory obedience training?

Basically, all the stuff you would do with a regular dog, but with some extra so that a person who really WANTS to be a responsible APBT owner can have their dog?

If the temperment test included a little bit of agitation and a measure of how long the dog took to come down from that (would bet dollars to donuts that most pits would fail such a test)-- and if there were also the stipulation that the owner be bonded for at least $100,000.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:37 AM

5,418 posts, read 9,225,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones View Post
If the temperment test included a little bit of agitation and a measure of how long the dog took to come down from that (would bet dollars to donuts that most pits would fail such a test)-- and if there were also the stipulation that the owner be bonded for at least $100,000.
You're trying to make it so that pits would fail every time, which is extremely unfair. ANY dog will react badly once a certain threshhold of agitation has been reached, ANY dog.

What exactly do you mean by agitation? Someone yelling at it? Someone coming at it in a threatening manner?

Old 04-19-2010, 06:44 AM

Pit Bull owners & lovers need to start being honest about something here.

There is something inherently different in Pit Bulls.

There are a lot of breeds of dogs that are bigger (and maybe stronger) than Pit Bulls, but you never hear of them attacking people. On the other hand, rarely a week goes by when you don't hear of some horrible mauling done by a Pit Bull.

I like dogs as much as the next guy. Have always had dogs as pets, and have two right now. But there is something different about Pit Bulls, and we need to admit it!

Old 04-19-2010, 06:56 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,636,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlummi75 View Post
i never seen a 100 pound pitbull ---- ever --- i have a full grown pitbull -- he weighs 80 pounds

i dont know what your problem with pitties is ???? Its the bad owners that need to be blamed for an agressive dog

the ones that chain their dogs on trees day and night, the ones that abuse their dogs ... The ones that breed and just sell them to anyone... The dog fighting *******s all over the usa those need to be blamed ----
Whatever. my 15 pound shih tzu doesn't kill people. Yes, **** tzus can and do go bad, attacking/biting people. But when they do, they don't kill people.

An 80 pound pitbull would.

You really haven't addressed that issue yet.

<edit> Wow....didn't realize my dog's breed was a banned word. Wasn't my intent to try to get around any profanity filters. </edit>

Old 04-19-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Whatever. my 15 pound shih tzu doesn't kill people. Yes, **** tzus can and do go bad, attacking/biting people. But when they do, they don't kill people.

An 80 pound pitbull would.

You really haven't addressed that issue yet.

<edit> Wow....didn't realize my dog's breed was a banned word. Wasn't my intent to try to get around any profanity filters. </edit>
It isn't a banned word if you spell it correctly.

That said, you hit the nail on the head. Little dogs don't kill people. And most big dogs don't either. I've never heard of a Yellow Lab mauling & killing a child - let alone something like that happening on a regular basis.

Pit Bulls are a different animal entirely, and friends & foes alike need to admit it.

On a side note... We had a Jack Russel Terrier when our kids were little. Beautiful dog, but had a tendency toward aggression. After one too many aggressive bits, the dog & I went hunting and he didn't come back. It was horrible to have to do that, but the safety of my children was more important than the dog.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:16 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,478,051 times
Pit Bull vs. Porcupine

As someone mentioned there aren't many breeds of dog, mixed or not that will continue a fight until it has 1300 quills in it's face and neck. Most dogs would stop well before this and accept defeat.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM

737 posts, read 1,923,585 times

YOu mean this..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: